667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
RequiemLux wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:Hi, the error occurs when I'm clicking 'Multiplayer' (Gateway: The Sin War).

Are you sure you tried to disable DEP completely in your OS? (is one of the points in "overall tips")
Some time ago an user solved this problem using this method. Here for reference: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5149&p=109650

Thanks a lot, this was the key to getting it to work!

Now all I have to do is to get Glide working in full screen ;)
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Anyone with non-English Windows willing to test a new version of the launcher?
I want to see if I fixed the bug that caused it to not work on non-English Windows.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Spinaker
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
Quirinus wrote:Anyone with non-English Windows willing to test a new version of the launcher?
I want to see if I fixed the bug that caused it to not work on non-English Windows.

Can try it out - probably today, at the moment I'm using Polish Windows. Short question: if I already have installed Median - do I have to reinstall it with the launcher or will it detect the game by itself? (sorry for nobish question, just read the few posts and the last one from you Quirinus so I have no clue about that one).
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
Awesome, thanks!

It will detect d2/median automatically or in the worst case it will ask where it is installed. If you use d2se it will offer to install median since d2se keeps it in another folder.

If the fix doesnt work it will probably not offer you anything.

Let me know how it goes.
halfacandan
Prowler
18 | 1
Quirinus wrote:Anyone with non-English Windows willing to test a new version of the launcher?

Hi. Not sure whether this is related...

I use a UK Keyboard layout on an English (UK) install of Windows 10 64-bit and I've noticed that the launcher switches my keyboard to the US layout. Not a big deal but it doesn't switch it back to UK after closing the launcher so I have to do it manually.

Hope this helps
Dan
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
halfacandan wrote:

Hi. Not sure whether this is related...

I use a UK Keyboard layout on an English (UK) install of Windows 10 64-bit and I've noticed that the launcher switches my keyboard to the US layout. Not a big deal but it doesn't switch it back to UK after closing the launcher so I have to do it manually.

Hope this helps
Dan

Hello.

That's probably you hitting Left Alt + Shift, which changes the keyboard input language, not the Launcher.
You can either change the key bindings in D2, or Windows (or completely remove the US keyboard input).
fleshfest
Skeleton
3 | 0

Hello,

I am using a french(Canada) version of Windows 10 (Creators update, 1703)
Everything works perfectly for me using 3dfx Glide in Fullscreen, no issue at all. I thought I'd explain how I installed everything since some people seem to have much trouble playing this mod...
processor : i5-7600K
Graphics card : ASUS ROG Strix - Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
Motherboard : Asus Strix Z270F Gaming
RAM : Corsair, 1x 16GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz

1- I installed an old 1.07 version of the game the normal way with the isos. (I tried with the 1.14 D2 bought from Blizz, but alas...)
2- Updated to 1.10
3- Updated to 1.12a
4- Updated to 1.13c
5- Copied all files (in MY Diablo II folder) that are in https://tsw.median-xl.com/multiplayer.zip as well as d2vidtst.exe to a separate folder
6- Updated to 1.14b (so D2 can work on Windows 10)
7- Copy/pasted the files I had backed up back into the Diablo II folder (Windows 10 liked that ALOT more than downloading multiplayer.zip and just extracting it in the D2 folder).
8- Put Diablo II.exe, game.exe and d2vidtst.exe in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and I used "modify settings for all users" to check "run as administrator" to make sure everything will try to run as admin.
9- Ran d2vidtst.exe and selected 3dfx Glide after the test ended.
10- Downloaded and installed the Median XL Launcher 0.2.8
11- Set Median XL.exe to run as administrator
12- When starting the launcher, everything works fine. No error message or anything.
13- I clicked the Install button and waited until completed.
14- From the Median XL Launcher, I clicked settings--> Run video test and chose 3dfx Glide again (just to make sure)

15- Went in the "Glide settings" and clicked the "settings" button
15.1- Unchecked "Windowed mode"
15.2- Checked "keep aspect ratio"
15.3- changed fps limit to "no" fps-limit
15.4- changed static size to "no"
15.5- changed refresh rate to 60hz
15.6- UNchecked "desktop resolution"

16- Clicked the "Renderer settings" button
16.1- changed "texture-memory" to 108 MB
16.2- changed "buffer-texture-size" to 4096x4096
16.3- Checked every checkbox in "renderer settings" except the "no gamma" option

17- Clicked the "Extensions" button and checked every checkbox.

18- Closed the Glide settings window and closed the Median XL launcher settings.
19- Clicked the play button and... Bingo. Both Single player and multiplayer work without any issue or crash whatsoever. No D2SE, no Plugy. In fullscreen, with sound, without Windows Data execution prevention (Never had to touch that), 3dfx Glide enabled. Boom :3

P.S. Downloading the Median XL files directly and extracting them in the D2 folder caused access violations no matter what I tried, so the launcher is definitely much easier for installing.

I hope it helps,

Simon
Edited by fleshfest 6 years.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
The point of the Launcher is so you dont have to do 2-9, otherwise the Launcher is kinda pointless/useless. Can you try installing without doing anything except installing the game and then using the Launcher? (no patching or copying files) I just want to know if the Launcher gives any errors. I made a fix for the next version, but I have no one to test it. If you can, back up your D2 folder that works so you can switch it back after you're done.

edit: btw, I think you might have ran vidtest after installing the Launcher, because you can't choose Glide by default. Or you manually installed Glide.
fleshfest
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hmm... Good news,

I installed following these steps :

1- Backup the working Diablo II folder to some other place so the install disc offers to install
2- Installed Diablo 2 (normal) and chose "Full install"
3- Installed LoD 1.07
4- After installed, I clicked on "Upgrade installation"
5- I downloaded the Launcher from the link in the first post of this thread
6- I installed it
7- I ran Median XL.exe from the desktop shortcut (did not change compatibility settings but Diablo II, Game.exe and d2vidtst still had compatibility mode for Windows 7 and Run as administrator enabled)
8- No error message and the "Install" button was not greyed out. I clicked install and let it work.
9- Clicked "Settings" from the Median XL launcher Window.
10- Did the vid test and then chose 3dfx Glide.
11- Did not change anything in the Glide settings but they remained as I had set them before. Maybe I should try to put everything to default and reinstall to do a better test...
12- Clicked the "Play" button and everything worked properly. It also showed 1.13 as game version.

I tested TSW and it connected, no problem. I started a TSW game and it worked, again without any issue.
Edited by fleshfest 6 years.
fleshfest
Skeleton
3 | 0
The very first time I ran the video test, Median XL Launcher had never been installed. I could choose betweed DDraw, D3D and 3dfx Glide and I didn't install 3dfx manually. I'm not sure how it could have worked if you say 3dfx isn't available if you don't run the vidtest from the launcher or don't install 3dfx manually