Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cnoltz wrote:
KENT2222 wrote:Not a very good choice! Dark paladin is better

Character x is better than character y. This is not the best advise to give, and too many people just jump to this conclusion because they are looking for an easy game, rather than one they want to play. Just because Unholy is more efficient than holy, and about 100 times more popular does NOT mean that its not a good choice. I leveled a holy melee and had a blast doing it. The character itself is very fun. Dont get me wrong, it is VERY difficult to do various things throughout the game using the holy spec, I had lots of help/twinking to do it once times got rough and walls were hit, however, as I said, it was hella fun. There are always lots of people around to help. People need to stop jumping to cookie cutter builds and experiment around a little. Just because you can't 1 shot dest baal, does not mean "y" character sucks.

Be a man and get that two handed hammer out and start beating the shit out of things. Trust me. Fun (and frustration) will be had. :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

now stfu and stream again :D
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
i believe some people never tried a holy melee while playing " MC Hammer - U Can't touch this " in background . Yet , they seam to have strong opinions about the holy melee . Sad story .
Elena32
Destroyer
6 | 0
Stealthmaster wrote:...or get a long three-bladed spear and unleash deadly punishers, bringing doom to your enemies. ;)

Venom Sting
Holy Lance (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (132 - 147) to (480 - 505)
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 514
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
Amazing Grace
10% Chance to cast level 50 Punishers on Striking
+(2 to 3) to Paladin Skill Levels
60% Attack Speed
+250 to Maximum Damage
150% Bonus to Attack Rating
(30 to 35)% Life stolen per Hit
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
-35% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(50 to 100) to all Attributes
Socketed (6)

its really cool...
Elena32
Destroyer
6 | 0
KENT2222 wrote:Not a very good choice! Dark paladin is better

a huge difference I can't see, it's just easier to pass the game!
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
After playing HM pala again, I can see why everyone says it's bullshit. You basically have to keep up 2 5-second buffs at all times (solar flare and Collosseum). And that is simply annoying. Especially since 1 is a spell and the other is an attack, which means you have to have both a good cast speed and a good attack speed, so you can attack asap after buffing yourself. And in early game it just feels ways too slow.

I mean... can't you just put all those stats into 1 spell/skill for HM pala? having to recast 2 spells every 5 seconds is too much.

EDIT: sorry I forgot this isn't the suggestion thread.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:You basically have to keep up 2 5-second buffs at all times (solar flare and Collosseum). And that is simply annoying.
the holy melee can do well enough without Solar Flare and Colosseum , they are not a "must have" : you can get more than enough attack rating from gear , the leech is not important untill mid-end game since you can heal well enough with vindicate , heal pots , losim , lak .

colosseum also is not a must have , that debuff is not mandatory . you can get SoR proc for debuffs and Bear stance to ignore the phisical imunities of the undead .

you only need tons of procs and high attackspeed -> Rapture solves this .

i agree with the fact that having to stop every 5 seconds for casting solar flare is annoyng and slows down the build that is already a bit slow compaired with many others , i have stated this myself several times since the holy tree got changed

i would play a holy melee instead of an unholy melee anytime . in my opinion on the melee part , the holy is superior . As for casters , it's quite oposite , the unholy is superior . overall the trees are equal imo . it's just that the unholy got more fans , and that's just about it . there is no holy>unholy or unholy>holy generaly speaking .
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
ChuckNoRis wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:You basically have to keep up 2 5-second buffs at all times (solar flare and Collosseum). And that is simply annoying.
the holy melee can do well enough without Solar Flare and Colosseum , they are not a "must have" : you can get more than enough attack rating from gear , the leech is not important untill mid-end game since you can heal well enough with vindicate , heal pots , losim , lak .

Well you know how it's like :)

People even do, for example, lc 2 as a necro even though they don't use minions or totems at all. If you don't get it, you lack potential. It's the same in this case. You use it so you can reach your full potential hoping to get faster through h/t/d. And then you get annoyed (at least that's what happened to me).

I'm not saying the build is completely unplayable. I only said it is annoying af and turns me off more than it should and that I can relate with people saying HM isn't that great.
robinro
Azure Drake
162 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
what if you stack massive amounts of increased buff duration? havent played it at all but i think its an often forgotten affix. you could use Adrenaline Rush if this works somehow
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
robinro wrote:what if you stack massive amounts of increased buff duration?
doesn't work for Solar Flare .
robinro
Azure Drake
162 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
meh