Median2017 - What Char Will You Start With

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.

Which character are you planning on starting with?

Amazon
16%
Necromancer
16%
Barbarian
13%
Sorceress
11%
Paladin
18%
Assassin
16%
Druid
11%

Total votes: 560

Kittycat
Acid Prince
46 | 0
holy melee pala
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I'm not entirely sure yet, but I do have a few builds that i have been thinking of trying out:

Barb: It's been maybe 5 years since I played a proper melee build, and I heard that Ancient's Hand should be good. Time to try it out maybe.
Barb: Totem Barb from Mahitovec's guide. Totemancer was pretty decent, maybe gonna try as barb if I find the items needed.
Assassin: Not sure yet, but I might make a new assassin build depending on what changes have been made to skills.

If all else fails:
Tiefling/ATMG Flamefront Assassin: Amazing build that I played last ladder. Pretty high damage and insane survivability: 50% DR, +60% Avoid, 75% block, +12k HP, very high movement speed.
kissofaries
Daystar
674 | 8
i think i will go for sin this time, because singularity changes
nikolaipka
Core Lord
380 | 17
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I wait for the changelog to decide what kind of melee necro to make :D :D :D
robinro
Azure Drake
162 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Prime_Evil wrote:Either batsin or summoner barb. Im leaning more towards summoner barb tho, but there's still a week to change my mind so i wont compromise anything just yet.

can you tell me how to skill/build/play a batsin? max perfect being + ways i presume +few points in queen of blades, but what else? i tried it once but the batstrike skill is so annoying... the hit animation is so slow + the extra attack to proc it. really took away a lot of fun for me. what other skills do you use?
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
robinro wrote:can you tell me how to skill/build/play a batsin? max perfect being + ways i presume +few points in queen of blades, but what else? i tried it once but the batstrike skill is so annoying... the hit animation is so slow + the extra attack to proc it. really took away a lot of fun for me. what other skills do you use?

Barrier strike and bat strike is the way to go. Also get the eld claw and other poison dmg items early. With barrier strike it's the same as nagi - don't hit an enemy til he dies, hit all enemies once and see them die way behind you. Batstrike works pretty much the same way, bats and novas kill stuff not tons of melee attacks. Also she sucks to get charms, respec to something stronger like fireball sentry, then with charms she can easily farm all ubers.

Barrier strike/Bat strike for groups, Crucify for single enemies
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
for single targets you can just blink on top of them so that the bats may focus it .
xzmnick
Abomination
153 | 0
Sin due to ATMG changes
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
I usually started with totemnec. But now, that summoning uberquests are being removed, I'll probably start a meleenec. Haven't tried it before so that's a good opportunity for me to get to know nec better.
pantzirno
Prowler
15 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I don't know yet about the character changes. I don't want to get myself hyped to play a character just to find out core build skills are changed and I need to relearn everything.