Median XL engine

Discuss Median XL!
genei
Prowler
16 | 0
demonshalo wrote:
genei wrote:
Claessic wrote:
genei wrote:How can I ripping all of Diablo 2 assets? C programming language is not designed to deal with games easily. Neither C++. Just rip off all D2 assets and then convert it to RPG Maker. It is based on Ruby.

This may be the worst suggestion I've seen on these forums.

No, maybe if you using Ruby then you will likely rid off a lot of undesirable bugs. This idea not only for Median-XL mod. This can be made to all other mod so some people made it from Blizzard Diablo 2 base.

Ruby is a terrible choice in this context. If you want to go higher level you should use JAVA, C# or something similar. Most languages still use C libraries with higher level abstraction layers to bind said language(s) to the native C/C++ library.

Regardless, ripping off assets is like asking to get sued by a company that lives on crushing the dreams of its fans!

Why would you mind get sued by Blizzard while you play reverse engineered, decompiled, or disassembled Diablo 2? I think this Median-XL already break U.S.A. treaties.
dangeilova
Fallen
1 | 0
So i've played this game for a year and a half now, and i actually viewed the effort the developers put into a mod of Diablo 2. Because yes, it's only a mod.
Thing is, with the same effort making new content and variety of it, you can use a engine to develop a game diablo-like. As if it was another ARPG, not just a mod.

I Think this is doable in fact, since i saw this last 26/5 expansion, i saw the dedication the creators of the median xl put into the mod. But in my opinion diablo 2 engine is too old, even thought it's the king of ARPG´s, it can't do much if you want real progress.

TL;DR, make a game

(please note this is my point of view of how could this game progress. Hope y'all like the idea)
Nogonoma1
Acid Prince
48 | 1
dangeilova wrote:So i've played this game for a year and a half now, and i actually viewed the effort the developers put into a mod of Diablo 2. Because yes, it's only a mod.
Thing is, with the same effort making new content and variety of it, you can use a engine to develop a game diablo-like. As if it was another ARPG, not just a mod.

I Think this is doable in fact, since i saw this last 26/5 expansion, i saw the dedication the creators of the median xl put into the mod. But in my opinion diablo 2 engine is too old, even thought it's the king of ARPG´s, it can't do much if you want real progress.

TL;DR, make a game

(please note this is my point of view of how could this game progress. Hope y'all like the idea)

https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4340
genei
Prowler
16 | 0
I like RPG Maker as it have a lot of copy paste script effort.