Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Rishab wrote:
Curlyfries117 wrote:Is there a huge difference between single player and multiplayer? Also as a brand new player which would be better for learning this game?

there is no "huge" difference per-say but both of them have there on advantages and disadvantages.

Sp have PlugY which allow u to hold infinite items on a single char while on Mp u have to maintain dummy chars to hold the extra items
Sp have virtually no lag while mp have a slight delay and sometimes even big delays.
Sp u play alone which gets boring fast while on mp u play with other people which always adds up the fun . i see nothing fun in playing MP while i can beat the game alone without sharing the drops . why would i need help if i can do fine alone ?unless it's a lan game and i can smack a team mate in the head whenever he deserves it . that's fun
Sp u have to dig into various forum thread and read documentations to learn game while in mp u can just join someone's game and they can show u how ur problem can be solved
Sp have virtually no trading so u have to find every gear by urself while mp have a very active trading system and community . totaly wrong . SP trades more than MP fyi , it;s mostly done trough emails and PM'S instead of making new threads or ingame trades .
Sp does not receive many of the content that are server exclusive while mp gets all the contents and updates . it's not so much content missing from SP . just quite a few things actualy , that are not mandatory .
Sp have a higher drop rate while mp have a comparatively lower drop rate (hence it fuels the tradings)
Sp generally receives much less attention as compared to mp.

i would personally recommend u start on MP as that place never gets boring, u can always make new friends and they would help u along the way in game.
marked in red
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Curlyfries117 wrote:Thanks for the replies, I'll definitely be downloading this when I get home and joining a server for a bit. :)

next week friday new patch and characters on realm are deleted then
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
ChuckNoRis wrote: SP trades more than MP fyi , it;s mostly done trough emails and PM'S instead of making new threads or ingame trades .

What exactly do you base this on? Can you prove it? If not please stop making absurd claims.

ChuckNoRis wrote: i see nothing fun in playing MP while i can beat the game alone without sharing the drops . why would i need help if i can do fine alone ?

You said a while back that have all cotws, items etc. I bet you found those all on your own too right? :thumb:
robinro
Azure Drake
162 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
also note that lag heavily depends on your location and that you can choose a prefered server via command. i dont have any lag at all with a 60-70 ms ping. if you live in a region without any servers that is another story though.

ChuckNoRis wrote:it's not so much content missing from SP . just quite a few things actualy , that are not mandatory

also this is not true. just look at the changelog from season 13 http://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?t=3538
this includes a lot of balancing and new mechanics. its true that it isnt a lot "less" or "missing" content, but those are quite some changes.
Edited by robinro 6 years.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Trading =/= duping save files and sending them in exchange for another duped saves.

Screenshots, your achievements, videos, etc will be always suspicious for most of the people, because 99% of SP users aren't legit. And if you are actually one of those fair guys, you will suffer/get stressed out due this distrust. This is very subjective obviously, self-confident people will barely care about others opinion.

In fact, SP is much more harder (unless you are abusing IP/TCP games, which is extra absurd). Reasoning behind this is you actually cant wait for 5 minutes so game becomes permanent and endlessly rejoin it, till you success. Also, no TP holders, of course. So, end-game content might be extra difficult to complete in the single player.
On the other hand, MXL is very easy/cheesy/abusable on p2+ and you are not going to learn/improve playing like this. My recommendation would be playing on realm, but doing atleast 75% of content SOLO, if you are playing this mod first time.
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
@ChuckNoRis All your efforts done to this community (creating guides etc.) can be easily forgotten when you're making so absurd statemnts like those above, and on top of that you marked them in Red, in all seriousness you should rethink what you just wrote.
Curlyfries117
Stone Warrior
32 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Rishab wrote:
Curlyfries117 wrote:Is there a huge difference between single player and multiplayer? Also as a brand new player which would be better for learning this game?

there is no "huge" difference per-say but both of them have there on advantages and disadvantages.

Sp have virtually no trading so u have to find every gear by urself while mp have a very active trading system and community . totaly wrong . SP trades more than MP fyi , it;s mostly done trough emails and PM'S instead of making new threads or ingame trades .
Sp does not receive many of the content that are server exclusive while mp gets all the contents and updates . it's not so much content missing from SP . just quite a few things actualy , that are not mandatory .

i would personally recommend u start on MP as that place never gets boring, u can always make new friends and they would help u along the way in game.
marked in red

How does trading work on single player?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Fumbles wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote: SP trades more than MP fyi , it;s mostly done trough emails and PM'S instead of making new threads or ingame trades .

What exactly do you base this on? Can you prove it? If not please stop making absurd claims.

Well... At least I have traded on realm only once because I needed that damn Hive Mind.
But in SP I traded 4 times if I remember correctly. And none of those trades went via a forum post. Instead it all happened via PM, since you get to know quite fast who's playing SP and who isn't. Mostly via Chat.

However, I can't give 100% accurate numbers for every single median player. I just can talk about my experience.
Curlyfries117
Stone Warrior
32 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
void wrote:
Curlyfries117 wrote:Thanks for the replies, I'll definitely be downloading this when I get home and joining a server for a bit. :)

next week friday new patch and characters on realm are deleted then

Maybe I'll wait a bit and play SP to give it a go.
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
this is example of plugy's 'possibilities':