New Season?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Teemo_Devil
Destroyer
7 | 0
When does the new season start?
Destroyer
7 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
No date for new season. Friday 5/26 for new patch
evil_potato
Mangler
458 | 51
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
presumably new ladder starts a week after but this is pure speculation.
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
evil_potato wrote:presumably new ladder starts a week after but this is pure speculation.

Would be weird to launch a patch without a new season :S Why would you bother playing the new patch if they don't launch a new season at the same time?
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
demonshalo wrote:
evil_potato wrote:presumably new ladder starts a week after but this is pure speculation.

Would be weird to launch a patch without a new season :S Why would you bother playing the new patch if they don't launch a new season at the same time?

As a sort of an open beta it really makes sense. 200+ ppl playing a patch can really bring some feedback from varying points of view and skill, just seems like the logical choice tbh (yeah I'm aware there was alpha testing, but how many people was that,15-30 at most?).
(Also I really hope the ''ladder reset week after 26'' thing is true cuz then I would be able to play lol).
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Seekers wrote:
demonshalo wrote:

As a sort of an open beta it really makes sense. 200+ ppl playing a patch can really bring some feedback from varying points of view and skill, just seems like the logical choice tbh (yeah I'm aware there was alpha testing, but how many people was that,15-30 at most?).
(Also I really hope the ''ladder reset week after 26'' thing is true cuz then I would be able to play lol).

Been waiting for the new ladder for like weeks now. Grrrrrrrr. OH LORD DIABLO-SAMA. GRACE US WITH A NEW SEASON SOON!
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I hope there's at least some delay between the patch release and the new ladder season--even if it's just a few hours. Otherwise, it's gonna be a real clusterfuck with all those people trying to download the patch at the same time. There's still no countdown timer, so I'd wager evil_potato is right--or at least close.
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
No realm for M2K17 until the new season then right? It might be a little confusing to people if you can go on realm, play for a while, then boom, your new level 40 or so character is now non-ladder. Obviously not a problem for Vets, but to new people it might be a big downer. I dunno, I never paid attention to how something like this goes down.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Good point, Zennith. Interested to see how this plays out.
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Honestly, the only two ways I can see it going since this patch is to be catered to new players, is either disabling realm for a little bit (which would cause even more confusion honestly.) or New season as soon as the patch drops (which makes the most sense for me at least, and would be the least confusing option.) But, I'm not Marco or anyone of importance, so maybe they got something up their sleeve. We will see.