Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Idc, just some trash noobs afraid they wont be able to buy charms for sigs that easily :lol:
diabetiq0
Vampiress
38 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
mahitovec wrote:Btw droprates in TA should be lowered by ALOT. It drops better SU/set wise than dunc, which is kinda absurd.

Everyone says that, and i agree but putting that wall for midgame characters might be bad for balance. Maybe keep the droprates, but dont allow sssu drops in ta ? Maybe that would give meaning to each area specifically.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
mahitovec wrote:Btw droprates in TA should be lowered by ALOT. It drops better SU/set wise than dunc, which is kinda absurd.

I think it just might seem this way because the density is gigantic and there's so much space in open rooms, unlike dunc where you have all these tiny teleport rooms and hallways to slow you down. And the clear speed is pretty much a joke for most builds, even those who aren't quite ready for farming. The only real hindrance is the arrowside death proc.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
IMO, it's not possible to control directly what kind of items/uniqs will drop in specific area or it's stupidly hard and making no sence (not counting specific monsters, like in Yshari). It's all controled by quality of base item itself (short sword/long sword/warp blade) and/or by monster chances to drop item of some quality (magic/rare/set/uniq). I'm sure that SS(S)US working same way and affecting overall drop. Randomness ftw :)
But ye.. Tran qlvls of drops need to be lowered abit.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
TA drop rates are fine. Like LH said, it's more about TA's mob density and Dunc's terrible map than anything. Frankly, I love that there's an alternative SU/Set farming spot to Dunc. Yeah Dunc is easy for builds that have a source of timerless teleport-like skills, but some builds have really weak mid-games due to lack of good gear options (HMP, Mana Sorc, etc.). TA is the best place for them to farm for sigs now that the Special Box is gone.
bardak
Skeleton
2 | 0
Description of Griswold's treasure box says that its content is class dependent, but my necromancer got a barbarian assault helmet "Thunderdome" from it.
And btw catalyst of disenchantment doesnt work on this helmet. Disenchantment of other uniques is working.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
bardak wrote:Description of Griswold's treasure box says that its content is class dependent, but my necromancer got a barbarian assault helmet "Thunderdome" from it.
And btw catalyst of disenchantment doesnt work on this helmet. Disenchantment of other uniques is working.

Treasure Box items are class-dependent, but not class-specific. Meaning different classes get different sets of items, but those items aren't necessarily specific to that class. And Catalyst of Disenchantment has never worked on items from the Treasure Box. It would be way too easy to farm ACs and Mephisto would get lonely b/c no one would visit him anymore.
bardak
Skeleton
2 | 0
Solfege wrote:Treasure Box items are class-dependent, but not class-specific. Meaning different classes get different sets of items, but those items aren't necessarily specific to that class. And Catalyst of Disenchantment has never worked on items from the Treasure Box. It would be way too easy to farm ACs and Mephisto would get lonely b/c no one would visit him anymore.

Thanks for the explanation!
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
bardak wrote:
Solfege wrote:Treasure Box items are class-dependent, but not class-specific. Meaning different classes get different sets of items, but those items aren't necessarily specific to that class. And Catalyst of Disenchantment has never worked on items from the Treasure Box. It would be way too easy to farm ACs and Mephisto would get lonely b/c no one would visit him anymore.

Thanks for the explanation!

Np. I should probably clarify, you can disenchant Treasure Box TUs after they've been uptiered with the AC+Rune recipe, since the recipe rerolls them as regular TUs.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Three of the four zon helms (Morion, Cervelliere, and Spangenhelm) all require str to equip, but the other fourth one, Einherjar Helm, requires Dex to equip. Intended?