MXL2017 v1.3 errors/solutions (OUTDATED)

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
sneakybeaver wrote:I

you dont need 1.13c if you're using the launcher, just try installing diablo from blizzard and running the mxl launcher.
sneakybeaver
Dark Huntress
10 | 1
Alright.

New plan : what im doing

Downloading fresh copies of D2 clients from my bnet account
uninstall everything i have done
reboot
installing everthing, get everything up to date
installing launcher

edit:
started the downloads!
sneakybeaver
Dark Huntress
10 | 1
i can get SP to work but never multiplayer lol!!!!
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
can you post a ss of the error you get?
sneakybeaver
Dark Huntress
10 | 1
Hello yes,

i can make D2 work without median no problem

https://imgur.com/a/cV0pqKF

this is what happens when i click on multiplayer

im still trying....but at some point ill leave it there
sneakybeaver
Dark Huntress
10 | 1
What a ride guys. this must be so much better well documented if you want to bring new people around

I finally got this to work but this is involving many many things; I will try to tell my best

Installed latest version of D2 / D2 LOD right of bnet
Installed launcher

Added D2 in DEP exception REBOOT

D2 LOD shortcut settings are:
Run as admin
compatibility Win XP SP3
Reduced Color Mode 8-bit
Disable fullscreen optimization
DPI> Checked "override high DPI scalling behavior." and selected "Application"

I have also created a...firewall rule (inbound/outbound) into Window Firewall (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Defender Firewall\Allowed apps ) that's the W10 menu window when you type "SETTINGS" in startup menu.

I have disabled my AV completely too
DaemonLJ
Fallen
1 | 0
So something you may want to add the the original post, if you don't run the D2VidTest in the install folder that alone can cause constant c000005 errors as well as the game crashing and failing to load regardless of any other fixes you try. Should be the first thing you do.
mxlrx8
Fallen
1 | 0
i have a problem with an error c0000005 ... i made an axe with 2x mistic orb +6 jewel ... now when i go get that axe the game is falling constantly ... c0000005 and all the other characters and the game works normally only when i take that axe. ... c0000005 greska.... plz help
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
mxlrx8 wrote:i have a problem with an error c0000005 ... i made an axe with 2x mistic orb +6 jewel ... now when i go get that axe the game is falling constantly ... c0000005 and all the other characters and the game works normally only when i take that axe. ... c0000005 greska.... plz help

You've probably reached and surpassed the max number of affixes on that axe and the game it's crashing because the tooltip cannot be visualized correctly.
If the axe is equipped in your weapon slot (or is in your inventory) simply take another weapon then hover with it on the bugged axe and switch them, then drop the glitched weapon in the cube and use the recipe to remove the jewels (making sure to not hover with the cursor on it to avoid crashes).
Daven
Fallen
1 | 0
I'm getting quite the odd error. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, and the game was working perfectly a day ago. Now when I click play Diablo attempt to launch but never does so. Opening Task Manager I see Diablo as 'Not Responding'. I've tried running a video test, changing the video mode from DirectDraw, Direct3D and 3DFX Glide. Glide was where it was working, but isn't anymore. Attempting to run with DirectDraw gives the same issue where the game acts as if it's attempting to open, but never goes anywhere.

3DFX I get an exception Error message. I'm not sure what changed but I have not messed with any of the settings recently. I've also done a complete reinstall of Diablo and Median XL. This is what I get when I click the play button. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I fixed it. Added the suffix -nofixaspect to the launcher target of Diablo 2 and it resolved the issue.