MXL2017 v1.3 errors/solutions (OUTDATED)

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Ayrill wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Have you read and tried the tips written in the first page of this very thread ( viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4420 )? In addition read here, maybe it's your case ( https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20743026092 )
Ayrill
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
RequiemLux wrote:
Ayrill wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Have you read and tried the tips written in the first page of this very thread ( viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4420 )? In addition read here, maybe it's your case ( https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20743026092 )

thanks for the answer, i tried already everything of this post and from your link, still the same error after a few seconds ingame :/

Edit: after a few changes in the settings i get this now:

Same Error Window but different text:

ERROR #8 (0x00000008)
Program: D:\Diablo II\Game.exe
File: ..\3rdParty\STORM\SOURCE\SFILE.CPP
Line: 4481

can't even find that file.. and also i do not use any third party stuff.. is that median xl anti cheat maybe going crazy? xD
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
no idea what that error is.

but looks like the kind of error that would get fixed by uninstalling d2 and the launcher, then installing d2 and the launcher again.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Ayrill
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Quirinus wrote:no idea what that error is.

but looks like the kind of error that would get fixed by uninstalling d2 and the launcher, then installing d2 and the launcher again.

did that already 10+ times.. with 1.12, 1.13 and even 1.14 client. still the same problem..

fun fact.. i played the last 2-3 months.. and then i'm 2 weeks not online and have that Error all time.. don't know whats different.. :cry:
Veyre
Fallen
1 | 0
Hi all,

Meddle wrote:
Quirinus wrote:
jimbojen wrote:Whenever I try to load the launcher after it is installed it brings up an error "the procedure entry point SHGetPropertyStoreForWindow could not be located in the dynamic link library SHELL32.dll. I have it installed in diabloii/medianXL like it should be, so not sure what the fix is for this....

Are you using windows?

I have the same issue on my laptop

Windows Vista

I'm using Windows Vista too and i have the same issue. Any solution ? : /
BoogieBear
Fallen
1 | 0
I'm having a odd problem. I've played Median before and I tried to Patch through the client it tells me to restart I press the button and when I get back says to update again, than restart. It just keeps rinsing and repeating. Can any one help? WIndows 10 for my OS/
Ayrill
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Ayrill wrote:
RequiemLux wrote:
Ayrill wrote:
► Show Spoiler

thanks for the answer, i tried already everything of this post and from your link, still the same error after a few seconds ingame :/

Edit: after a few changes in the settings i get this now:

Same Error Window but different text:

ERROR #8 (0x00000008)
Program: D:\Diablo II\Game.exe
File: ..\3rdParty\STORM\SOURCE\SFILE.CPP
Line: 4481

can't even find that file.. and also i do not use any third party stuff.. is that median xl anti cheat maybe going crazy? xD

well.. seems there is no solution for me problem.. so RiP MedianXL for me.. was a fun to play..
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Ayrill wrote:
► Show Spoiler

well.. seems there is no solution for me problem.. so RiP MedianXL for me.. was a fun to play..

Uninstall D2 and everything related to it so make sure to have a clean PC, restart the computer, install D2 LoD (not in program files folder), right click on D2 icon and in property set it to run as an administrator, add Diablo II to Windows DEP as an exception, restart the computer, install the launcher (not in program files folder) and let it install the mod, right click on the Median XL icon and set it to run as an administrator, restart the computer, try to run the mod (if you get an error try to run D2VidTst), post if you're still getting errors.

Veyre wrote:
► Show Spoiler

I'm using Windows Vista too and i have the same issue. Any solution ? : /

That is a very strange error to get on WinVista because, as far as I know, usually you get it when compatibility with that OS has been dropped by the app; but this is not the case with the Launcher, only XP compatibility has been dropped, maybe something went wrong in the process... I dunno, Quirinus has to have his say on the matter.

BoogieBear wrote:I'm having a odd problem. I've played Median before and I tried to Patch through the client it tells me to restart I press the button and when I get back says to update again, than restart. It just keeps rinsing and repeating. Can any one help? WIndows 10 for my OS/

I'm sure other people got this problem in the recent past, try searching on the forum (there's a search bar in the right upper corner) to see if they had found a solution.
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
got some gateway problem

i got all in all one or two important question now

where is the location of the Sin War registry ?
and wich is the Name of it ?

i want to switch it from my D2 Installations, because it makes troubleshooting for the battle.net connections

i want to get back to battle.net
but also i want to play MXL sometimes !

1) i have made now an new installation of an clean D2
-made an update on newest patch from battle.net

right before i used an installation made in programms on C:
later as i had read on the MXL webside-> how to JOIN-> do not install on C:
i realised it

then i copied the D2 to another hard disk drive M:

then i got an Median Launcher to the D2 installation of M:

and deinstalled and reinstalled D2 on C:
and tried to join battle.net

but i got gateway from: The Sin War

so i find an Info on Google, i went to the registry folders

#and overwritten the software - battle.net gateway folder with the following:

Name:U.S. West
Zone:8
IP:uswest.battle.net

Name:U.S. East
Zone:6
IP:useast.battle.net

Name:Asia
Zone:-9
IP:asia.battle.net

Name: Europe
Zone: -1
IP: europe.battle.net

#####

after that, i once was able to join battle.net

later i wanted to open D2 again in windowmode, it changed suprisingly out of nowhere to : The Sin War - Realm again

but without my action

so how does that happen ?

and, i want to know plz, in wich all directions or folders are the The Sin War registry is written, after installing Median XL Launcher ?

and i tested to deinstall the Launcher and it still does the Gateway happen, to open not to battle.net, because its shown only the gateway to: The Sin War

how can i fix that ?

i tried to use an Programm that scans the registry, but i couldnt find it

in best case, it would give an switch for the gateways from an little programm

well i alrdy tried gateway editor......but that doesnt work at all
it works for once, but it never worked constantly and i also dont know how to setup the sin war with the gateway editor

only if i would know wich adress it names correctly

and wich first Name is used in the registry for this gateway

another scenario could be to switch from an text.editor the gateways in and out to the registry by copy/paste

only thing is i couldnt find the location of the sin war in the registry so far
thedarkbobo
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
All was nice till windows restart, now again unhandled exception access violation C00005.
Reinstalled d2 (copy paste) agaain.

Run the check:
► Show Spoiler