MXL2017 v1.3 errors/solutions (OUTDATED)

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
monkey000678
Destroyer
6 | 0
i'm only using the launcher and getting the "c0000005" exception. with the 17.5 launcher it was happening on close so it didnt matter, with the 17.5.1 launcher patch i now cannot start the game without the error occuring, i tried everything on this help thread.
since i posted this i reinstalled the game 5 times, 100% deleted d2 and median xl redownloading both, made the dep thing, tried compatability mode, ect.
having done the dep thing in advanced systems the game can start now, but now crashes when i hit multiplayer.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
monkey000678 wrote:i'm only using the launcher and getting the "c0000005" exception. with the 17.5 launcher it was happening on close so it didnt matter, with the 17.5.1 launcher patch i now cannot start the game without the error occuring, i tried everything on this help thread.
since i posted this i reinstalled the game 5 times, 100% deleted d2 and median xl redownloading both, made the dep thing, tried compatability mode, ect.
having done the dep thing in advanced systems the game can start now, but now crashes when i hit multiplayer.

Has the situation changed since you posted this?
monkey000678
Destroyer
6 | 0
RequiemLux wrote:
monkey000678 wrote:i'm only using the launcher and getting the "c0000005" exception. with the 17.5 launcher it was happening on close so it didnt matter, with the 17.5.1 launcher patch i now cannot start the game without the error occuring, i tried everything on this help thread.

Has the situation changed since you posted this?

still doing it, dep didnt change anything afterall, i just turned off skip to multiplayer so thats why it didnt crash right away after. definately has to be the 17.5 to 17.5.1 launcher change since i was playing before launcher updated to it
Mordwolf
Vampiress
39 | 1
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
yea im having same problem in windows 10 DEP is off for diablo but since i can't turn dep off for the launcher it overides the diablo.exe runs game with it on
no d2se or plugy and no this is not something i did or didn't do its the launcher once it updated i could no longer play.
not to mention... before update cpu usage with launcher running was 20-30% now its 100%
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Yesterday everything worked fine, today the launcher doesn't work anymore. That could be either because of the hotfix that I installed yesterday, or because of the new windows 10 update, which I installed over night. I think the cause of this is the windows update, since I could play perfectly fine after I installed the hotfix yesterday.

The problem I had: c0000005 error appeared after I click on the "play button" of the launcher before the game was started.

So I followed the instructions on how to disable DEP. Then I pressed the play button again. First the screen got dark, then the same error appeared. (YAY! It's something :D)

Then I read here that -skiptobnet is probably the cause of that, so I disabled that feature. Game starts normally. If I press SP and load my characters, everything works fine. No errors. However, if I click on "multiplayer" the same error (c0000005) appears again when the game says "checking for version".

Then I tried to change the video mode from Glide to the other 2 video modes - no change. I ran the video test - no change. The problem still occurs.

I have no previous versions of the launcher installed, and I'm using the latest launcher.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
I hope Quirinus will be able to enlighten us on this new problem between the launcher and Win10
Therferon
Stygian Watcher
43 | 0
I am also having Unhandled Exception c000005 when i click multiplayer and its on "Checking Versions".

-I tried adding DEP exceptions to diablo II.exe and/or Game.exe nothing changed
-Changed compatibility mode to xp sp2/sp3/windows 7 nothing also changed

P.S: On my latest install i used TheSinWar.Reg registry file which was needed for previous versions of MXL. Can it be because of it?
Valaraukar
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
hey guys
i always get the unhandled excaption: acces_violation (c0000005) error on start, i cant even get into the game.
what i have done:
deinstalled 1.14 d2
clean 1.12 installation from the usb-stick of the d3 deluxe edition
installed glidewrapper
did vidtest
start game, everything works fine
installed just the mod not the launcher
start game, instant error-massage

d2 is not installed in program files, running as admin, tried compatibility mode win 7 and win xp sp3, added both exe to the dep exception, tried "-w" in the shortcut, i even disabled dep completly, but nothing worked
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Valaraukar wrote:hey guys
i always get the unhandled excaption: acces_violation (c0000005) error on start, i cant even get into the game.
what i have done:
deinstalled 1.14 d2
installed glidewrapper
did vidtest

d2 is not installed in program files, running as admin, tried compatibility mode win 7 and win xp sp3, added both exe to the dep exception, tried "-w" in the shortcut, i even disabled dep completly, but nothing worked

Are you trying to play on realm? If so, does "The Sin War" appear on the gateway button when you open the game, or does it say battlenet?

Do you get the error immediately after opening the game, or when clicking on sp/mp button?
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
Valaraukar wrote:hey guys
what i have done:
deinstalled 1.14 d2
installed glidewrapper
did vidtest

Did you do step 1 from here:
https://tsw.median-xl.com/join
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017