MXL2017 v1.3 errors/solutions (OUTDATED)

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Krozra
Imp
5 | 0
I updated like normal to 1.2 by just replacing the patch file in my d2 folder, but it plays the old version. D2SE/PlugY/Old patch work 100% fine.

The only way to run the new version is by using the MXL launcher, which I cannot get to cooperate with D2SE and PlugY. I don't care about D2SE, but I want to use PlugY with 1.2.

Using Windows 10 if it helps. Any help greatly appreciated!
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Krozra wrote:I updated like normal to 1.2 by just replacing the patch file in my d2 folder, but it plays the old version. D2SE/PlugY/Old patch work 100% fine.
The only way to run the new version is by using the MXL launcher, which I cannot get to cooperate with D2SE and PlugY. I don't care about D2SE, but I want to use PlugY with 1.2.

I've not been using D2SE in years but, if I remember correctly, to update a mod with it you have to replace the files of said mod in a specific folder (should be called Mods). Anyway you can try to uninstall everything and then follow this guide: MXL20127, PlugY and D2SE installation and/or this video "MXL2017 - How to Install w/ D2SE and PlugY".
Waltc
Fallen
1 | 0
With D2se I have to use DDraw option, Win7 compatibility mode selected, with the windowed mode to get 113c to work. Here's a tip for Windows 10x64 users when using D2SE if you see that the yellow text is all jumbled up and out of place when you run it--so much so that you really can't even read it...;) I'm running Win10x64, version 1709, build 17074, and the fix is simple: right-click on the desktop shortcut icon for D2SE, select properties,then select the "Compatibility" tab, and in addition to selecting Win7 compatibility mode, select the "Change High DPI settings" button at the bottom of the tab, and when it opens put a check in the box for "High Dpi scaling override" and it will open three options for you to choose from, "Application" and "System" and "System Enhanced"--select either "System" or "System Enhanced"--then hit the "OK" button to back out of the properties shortcut and save your option selections. From now on when you run D2SE everything will run as expected with the yellow text in its proper and intended locations....;) It's DPI thing--a nice thing, imo--in Win10--that let's applications scale as intended when written, even if written for an old version of Windows. Usually, selecting "Application" works to correct DPI mismatches--but in this case it's the "System" DPI override option that does the trick.

Also, I have another directory install for Diablo II for nGLide 2.0 and another for D3d, but without running D2SE in either. Last I checked--these run fine under my build of Windows 10--in those 3d-accelerated modes. NGlide 2.0 will run the game full screen @2560x1440, my native res--aspect incorrect--but that doesn't bother me, actually--or you can run the game at the original resolution, aspect correct, etc. Using the DDraw option with D2SE as outlined above keeps things aspect correct. Just thought I'd pass this on for anyone it might help.

relevant hardware: AMD R5 1600 @3.8GHz; AMD RX-480 8GB, Adrenalins 17.12.2; 16GBs (2x8) DDR4 @ 3066MHz.
Cronk
Cultist
23 | 0
Krozra wrote:I updated like normal to 1.2 by just replacing the patch file in my d2 folder, but it plays the old version. D2SE/PlugY/Old patch work 100% fine.

I'm having the same issue. I can't get d2se to recognize median xl no matter what I try. If I download the "d2se - Median - XL" folder and put it in the Mods folder, it'll give me an icon to select for Median in the d2se menu, but it'll load just the basic LOD.

I've used d2se plenty of times before using the new launcher, and now no matter what I try I can't get it to recognize Median. Game works just fine from the launcher, but I'm playing SP and want plugy

Halp!
Cronk
Cultist
23 | 0
So I'm pretty sure I could change a setting in this .ini file to get it to recognize medianXL and load it properly. I just don't know what the setting is since the launcher now handles all this stuff.

This game wasn't meant for playing without mules, so playing it in single player without plugy is pretty brutal :/

► Show Spoiler
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Median XL 1.2 Released

The core was not loaded:
- Make sure dll files are in Diablo II folder and not blocked by windows/antivirus (right click -> properties -> unblock).
- If using PlugY or D2SE, make sure PlugY.ini has this set DllToLoad=MXL.dll
- Run the game as administrator
Cronk
Cultist
23 | 0
Yea I tried all that a while ago.

I did get it working however. For anyone having trouble, I don't know exactly what fixed it, but I ended up copying a bunch of the server-specific stuff over to the "cores" folder in ds2e. So, the MedianXL folder into Cores, and put the other server-specific stuff into that folder.

I also copied the server files pretty much whereever I thought d2se might grab it from, and eventually it stuck. You just have to copy over your saves to the right folder after that. (I made identifiable character names so i knew what save folder to copy to and from)
Jonlask
Fallen
1 | 0
Can someone explain why this game works one day and then the next day i'll get this c00000005 error? Is there a fix for this or am I going to have to keep hoping I can play?
tonghien2013vn
Skeleton
2 | 0
soysoy
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
Re-install the game