Median XL 2017 1.3.1, PlugY and D2SE Install Guide

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Stahri
Cultist
22 | 3
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
garth_hendy wrote:I can confirm with this guide I got glide working just fine. I prefer playing in glide, love my over the top colours ;)

Did you do anything special for Glide to work? I still have not been able to get it working correctly.

Edit: I feel silly now. Glide works just fine. Thanks
garth_hendy
Stone Warrior
33 | 0
Stahri wrote:
garth_hendy wrote:I can confirm with this guide I got glide working just fine. I prefer playing in glide, love my over the top colours ;)

Did you do anything special for Glide to work? I still have not been able to get it working correctly.

Edit: I feel silly now. Glide works just fine. Thanks

Ah good to hear, enjoy the disco disco :yay:
cairenn12
Skeleton
3 | 0
Cheers for the guide, I followed it and installed everything just as written. Glide and stuff works, but for the life of me I can't get Plugy to work. I can start Plugy with the executable (I downloaded plugy prior to reading this guide) but unfortunately it lags a lot and crashes on exit. Any idea on what I could try, as I'm starting to hit endgame, stash space is rare and valuable without plugy and the additional information provided is very useful.
MadeLaidMan
Acid Prince
47 | 0
Would installing 2017 via the installer still work for getting everything to work properly?
Stahri
Cultist
22 | 3
cairenn12 wrote:Cheers for the guide, I followed it and installed everything just as written. Glide and stuff works, but for the life of me I can't get Plugy to work. I can start Plugy with the executable (I downloaded plugy prior to reading this guide) but unfortunately it lags a lot and crashes on exit. Any idea on what I could try, as I'm starting to hit endgame, stash space is rare and valuable without plugy and the additional information provided is very useful.

D2SE come with PlugY when you install it. There is no need for an external download and insertion of PlugY. You probably could replace it with the PlugY 10.00 version. I wouldnt recomend any other version though.
Stahri
Cultist
22 | 3
MadeLaidMan wrote:Would installing 2017 via the installer still work for getting everything to work properly?

Do you mean the Launcher?
cairenn12
Skeleton
3 | 0
Stahri wrote:D2SE come with PlugY when you install it. There is no need for an external download and insertion of PlugY. You probably could replace it with the PlugY 10.00 version. I wouldnt recomend any other version though.

Cheers, but it still won't work even if I check the box to enable Plugy inside D2SE before starting median.
Stahri
Cultist
22 | 3
cairenn12 wrote:
Stahri wrote:D2SE come with PlugY when you install it. There is no need for an external download and insertion of PlugY. You probably could replace it with the PlugY 10.00 version. I wouldnt recomend any other version though.

Cheers, but it still won't work even if I check the box to enable Plugy inside D2SE before starting median.

Does Median XL load up without PlugY? I had a problem where I had extracted some files to the wrong location but the whole game would not load. Not just when trying to use PlugY.

Since you dont even touch PlugY during the install I dont see why there would be a problem with it.

Sorry if im not much help! Im kinda new to troubleshooting these things.
MadeLaidMan
Acid Prince
47 | 0
yes, but I did get it to work with D2SE though
Prags
Fallen
1 | 0
Thnx for the tutorial !