Median XL 2017 1.3.1, PlugY and D2SE Install Guide

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
thedyze
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
ok i finally got it working here, by copying all Plugy files from the root d2 folder, and the default Plugy folder into the MODS\D2SE - Median XL folder.
i'm a bit confused by the two buttons at the top of the d2se window. one says "start plugin", and the other "start d2". before when i pressed the start plugin button, nothing happened, and i could only start mxl usign the start d2 button (when also installed using the launcher). now after copying the plugy files to the mod folder, i have to use the start plugin button.

i guess my confusion is the naming of said button. should'nt it be called "start mod"?
at the same time, you choose the mod you want in the list to the left, so why even have 2 different launch buttons?
Feeles
Abomination
155 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
What is D2SE?
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Waterline
Fallen
1 | 0
Thank you!
I finally managed to launch MXL 2017.
Moreover I did it so on Debian Jessie with PlayOnLinux (wine 1.9.24).
It also launched in D3D and Glide mode, both in windowed and fullscreen.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
does this instalation in the original post allow plugy multiple stash pages or it works with just 1 page ?

i'm tired of making mules to carry all my junk
Stahri
Cultist
22 | 3
ChuckNoRis wrote:does this instalation in the original post allow plugy multiple stash pages or it works with just 1 page ?

Yes! I am already using about 30 or so stash pages! If pluggy is loaded up correctly it will default into having account wide multi-stash tabs as well as individual character tabs.
Stahri
Cultist
22 | 3
Waterline wrote:Thank you!
I finally managed to launch MXL 2017.
Moreover I did it so on Debian Jessie with PlayOnLinux (wine 1.9.24).
It also launched in D3D and Glide mode, both in windowed and fullscreen.

This is awesome! I have a buddy who did the same thing. I am glad it works.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Stahri wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:does this instalation in the original post allow plugy multiple stash pages or it works with just 1 page ?

Yes! I am already using about 30 or so stash pages! If pluggy is loaded up correctly it will default into having account wide multi-stash tabs as well as individual character tabs.
thank you for confirming , time for a reinstall then .
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Is it possible to play Median in fullscreen? With the current specs I have huge borders left and right which led to me clicking outside the game by accident
Dominos9189
Thunder Beetle
58 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I appreciate the step by step guide to the installation! However, I am running into a rather annoying issue. The game boots fine and runs fine but occasionally when I exit the game, I get an error saying Plugy cannot create the extended stash file or Plugy cannot create the shared stash file. Every time this happens, my personal (beyond page 1) or shared stash gets deleted, respectively, depending on the error I get. This does not happen every time, however, I can sometimes go hours without it happening. I realize I can back up my character saves and just copy over them whenever this happens and get my stuff back, however I'd lose any progress I made since I last backed it up, not to mention it would be obnoxious to back up every 10-20 mins.

I backed it up when I stopped playing yesterday, got the error today and if I wanted my stuff back, I would basically lose 6 hours of signet farming on my character. I tried reinstalling the game from my C program files directory to just my C directory and it did not fix the issue. I'm at a loss at this point. I love playing this game on Single Player with the extended stash and it is probably the only way I'll ever play. I never had this issue with the previous version of Median (the one right before 2017, XVC or w/e). I used the exact same setup with d2se and had no problems. If anyone can shed some light on the issue, that would be very much appreciated!

Edit: The only other thing I use is borderless gaming to make my game full screen, but again, I used this with the previous version of median and had no issues.