How do I start farming in uberlevels?

Discuss Median XL!
MagicalBBA
Imp
4 | 0
I mean, it seems to be impossible for me at least.
I can't even farm in Kurast 3000 BA, which used to be the easiest uberlevel when I was playing this mod like 3 years ago.

Do I have to farm some SUs in non-uberlevels?
That sounds pretty stupid since the droprate is ridiculously low and I can barely kill Mephisto and it's impossible to kill Baal with my gears(which used to be enough to beat down Shadowgate Totem in less than a sec.)

So how do I get started with farming SUs and charms?
Done every Level Challenges, got every charms I can get, and now I'm pretty sure I'm stuck.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
get crafts / accesible runewords / proper mo'ed TU's . if you got decent tankiness (defence and damage reduction and HP) go for tran athula first imo . procs after kill (shower of rocks) or long distance AOE skills will make that spot easy . the tricky part is killing the first 3-5 amazons and lure more others at you , after that the proc-chain starts and it's so easy . another option would include a high chance to reanimate some random monster and attempt the main chambers of Duncraig . same as at the first option (tran athula) , killing the first few opponents will be tricky , geting reanimates to keep the others busy to not get swarmed , then proc-chain to the victory .

at last that's what i'd do . good luck
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
What build are you playing?

Are you using crafted jewels if wdm?

Are you using crafted gears?

Do you have max block if block char?

Can you run dest nihlathak?

Such low information post is just completely useless. People are not telepaths.
MagicalBBA
Imp
4 | 0
cowking wrote:What build are you playing?

Are you using crafted jewels if wdm?

Are you using crafted gears?

Do you have max block if block char?

Can you run dest nihlathak?

Such low information post is just completely useless. People are not telepaths.

I am currently playing melee sorc.
By the way, I don't get why the build matters.
Do I have to play other build for earlier 120 level zone? If so, I'll probably quit playing Median XL since I liked this mod because of the flexibility of build, not like original Diablo II or Diablo III.

Am I using crafted jewels?
No. It's really impossible to make myself a usable crafted jewels with Lum or Lem rune at the highest crafting point I can get atm.
You could, by the way, have guessed that I have neither Optical Detector nor Bremmtown reward since I've mentioned that I can't even farm in Kurast 3000 BA. I think it was nothing like useless info.
I'm currently using rare jewels for my crafted items.

Do I have max block?
If you mean FBR by max block, yes.
If you mean block rate... Well, if it was original Diablo II expansion, the answer would have been yes, but no. Is that even possible though?

Can I run destruction Nihlathak?
No. Melee characters get stomped by thorns aura because lifesteal basically does nothing in higher difficulty, apparently.
I could use trap skill in melee tree, but that will just take forever.

Additional info, My def is slightly above 220000 with Baneblade turned on, life is about 9000 with Moonstrike buff.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
MagicalBBA wrote:
I am currently playing melee sorc.
By the way, I don't get why the build matters.
Do I have to play other build for earlier 120 level zone? If so, I'll probably quit playing Median XL since I liked this mod because of the flexibility of build, not like original Diablo II or Diablo III.

Am I using crafted jewels?
No. It's really impossible to make myself a usable crafted jewels with Lum or Lem rune at the highest crafting point I can get atm.
You could, by the way, have guessed that I have neither Optical Detector nor Bremmtown reward since I've mentioned that I can't even farm in Kurast 3000 BA. I think it was nothing like useless info.
I'm currently using rare jewels for my crafted items.

Do I have max block?
If you mean FBR by max block, yes.
If you mean block rate... Well, if it was original Diablo II expansion, the answer would have been yes, but no. Is that even possible though?

Can I run destruction Nihlathak?
No. Melee characters get stomped by thorns aura because lifesteal basically does nothing in higher difficulty, apparently.
I could use trap skill in melee tree, but that will just take forever.

Additional info, My def is slightly above 220000 with Baneblade turned on, life is about 9000 with Moonstrike buff.
what high level runes do you got ? what shrines did you collect so far ? what build combination did you go (skill trees) ?

max block is 75% chance to block , check that at your defence stats
MagicalBBA
Imp
4 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:what high level runes do you got ? what shrines did you collect so far ?

max blok is 75% chance to block , check that at your defence stats

Highest level rune I've got is On. I socketed it in my sacred Warp Sword and T6 Ceremonial armor(its def is above 13000.)

My block rate is at 10%. But since you're asking this, I guess IT IS possible to max out the block rate.
I have no idea how though.
I used to play melee sorc some time ago, and I couldn't achieve 75% block rate even with 4000~ dexterity then.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
you want the build pure melee or a hybrid with cold tree (ice elementals)?

you must eat all extra signets for 500 extra stats to pump into dexterity , strenght just to hold gear , gear oriented to + dexterity and % dexterity , and then you will get 60% + chance to block . socket some perfect amethysts for extra dexterity

Try crafting the boots and gloves for dexterity crafts (keep TU zealot rush till then) , the weapon a crafted warp blade with + damage and weapon damage proc (SoR is ok) , either a crafted dexterity belt or TU deadfall till then , you can easy find the set item helm from Witchhunter set that is quite nice . keep the armour for the moment untill higher runes/SU's
MagicalBBA
Imp
4 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:you want the build pure melee or a hybrid with cold tree (ice elementals)?

you must eat all extra signets for 500 extra stats to pump into dexterity , strenght just to hold gear , gear oriented to + dexterity and % dexterity , and then you will get 60% + chance to block . socket some perfect amethysts for extra dexterity

Try crafting the boots and gloves for dexterity crafts (keep TU zealot rush till then) , the weapon a crafted warp blade with + damage and weapon damage proc (SoR is ok) , either a crafted dexterity belt or TU deadfall till then , you can easy find the set item helm from Witchhunter set that is quite nice . keep the armour for the moment untill higher runes/SU's

I'm thinking of pure melee with resistance reduction and Starhawk, hoping to get it soon.

I already have the greaves and light gauntlets crafted with Abandoned Shrine. Belt is runeworded with Vith, for damage reduction though.

Yes, I have Witchhunter's Hood in the stash. And god, I feel stupid for not coming up with the idea of equiping it earlier. Going to socket it with Io runes right away, Thank you for your advice.

Also, I decided to downgrade some of my gears, for lower strength requirement.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
well for now you got to eat the extra 500 signets , that should be your main goal , and also try attempting accesible ubers . you can get at leas half the charms with the curent gear you got . did you try farming the unformed land ? taking it with slow steps and having moon symbold for instant heal should make it accesible . drops are decent and you may also find those nice runes there for better gear 6x stone RW in weapon is very nice .what about your shield ? what do you use ?
Edited by ChuckNoRis 8 years.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
MagicalBBA wrote:I am currently playing melee sorc.

Google median xl melee sorc... first hit.

http://www.medianxl.com/t5555-elelar-ultimative-melee-sorceress-xvc-updates-in-progress

MagicalBBA wrote:By the way, I don't get why the build matters.

Because your build and how you've built it have a rather significant impact on the various aspects of the game, it's (your) problems, and the information you will receive (as it varies according to the problem).

MagicalBBA wrote:Am I using crafted jewels?

You can get 500 crafting points by MOing jewelry, and you can grind arcane crystals from terror griswold.