Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
well , if you are lazy to boost your resistances/gear + eat 500 extra signets , your are making it hard for youreself . i would rush to act 5 if i was you , just run all the way to Izual , then run to Diablo , not wasting any other time killing anything else . you might want to stack more perfect gems to boost those resistances . 80% at 8k hp is low , it is not surprising to die often . your resistances would have been ok at about 12-14k hp . try getting at 90% for 8k hp , or just dump more points into vitality . 100k defence can be obtained in hatred ....
suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
RollsRoyce wrote:is running really an issue when you use superbeast which cannot really run ?

@suchbalance whats your favorite itemization ofr an uhc ? and why.

Im going with max defensive stats just becdause i can still kill all heroics without any problems but can also easily do ureh/vizjun/witch etc. without respeccing and this is something i really like alot

Personally I go lvl120 -> rare items -> random shrine crafted -> ornate shrine crafted (if I can be bothered eventually) for the entire set. Jewellery rares with + skills and psn pierce.

The main things I dislike on your setup 1) staves in general & 2) eagle stance.

So for 1): using a shield basically grants you at least an extra 1/3 total defence and you lose practically no dps, if not gain. I usually go from 300k-ish to 450k+-ish def with a good shield. Staff is clunky because you do not progress naturally from levelling gear -> midgame gear. All staves at that stage of the game suck when compared to rare sceptre + shield. SU war staff (although very good) is rare and a popular choice among other builds so not reliably obtainable early on in the ladder.

2): eagle stance is useless to me, I never needed it. The extra defence from a shield is superior for the purpose of increasing your effective hp and I dislike losing out on a class specific item slot with great stats just so I can regen faster. You mention vizjun, ureh, wretched hive etc - defence is a far superior stat there compared to life regen. People probably don't realise this but you don't even need over 80% psn res in the last two if you have higher defence and run properly. No need for respecs here also.

Lastly earth rw boots, again kind of gimmicky and unnecessary. The 1-2min faster heroic boss kills are not worth the opportunity cost of farming sewers for 4 earth runes in terms of time. Not to mention these are pretty useless outside of heroics, so you either have a terrible defensive boot (and wished you saved your time and made a Nephilim instead) or you end up having to get an alternative pair for the remaining majority of the game.

Also I go half vit half energy, I agree with you that 20-25k MF is fine for doing all the content but I would take my 40k clear speed any day considering tankyness is not an issue.

Overall: I feel like you stack way too much life and regen and go heavily into diminishing returns, when an equivalent EHP level can be more efficiently reached with higher defence (increasing returns) instead, leaving you with a lot more "free stats" to pump into damage. I.e. I feel both setups achieve basically "unkillable" status, but because you prioritise hp & regen over defence rather than increasing them "equally" you are inefficient with your stat budget.
RollsRoyce
Djinn
523 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Thanks for the summary ! :)

Just saying, if you decide to use eagle stance you need to pump everything into life because as you said want to make the best out of increasing returns ( which eagle stance has). But i agree that you dont need 7k lifereg/sec :) its just the numbers that fascinate me....

Also i totally disagree with your arguments about the time to get 4 Earth runes because they guarantee a kill of athulua every minute, opening the door to endless amount of SUs in very short time. ( idk how fast an all out din kills athulua but im 100% sure that you can easily die if you dont have a good amount of life regen).

I like the argumentation with the switch to endgame but just by using a staff endgame doesnt mean i would never consider using sth else until i got that staff :)

I also dont see a reason to kill sth else except for heroic bosses/bosses in gen. tbh making earth boots very very good

We could continue to discuss about this all day long, in the end its a personal flavor that decides what you really want.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I think you need to invest hard pts in slayer to get more lazorbeams. But not sure since im not playing unholy caster too much.
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
Scalewinged wrote:I think you need to invest hard pts in slayer to get more lazorbeams. But not sure since im not playing unholy caster too much.

Yes correct. I think the most beams for Mindflay you can get is 5.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.