Questions about Tantrumdin

Discuss Median XL!
minidrekk
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Started playing recently and im level 25 on my tantrumdin and just reached Act 2.

1. In the guide it says that I should create the runeword Amok with an Ort rune around level 21 in a socketed short war bow. Should I do this now or should I save the ort rune for later?

2. I have a short war bow with sockets in it but the bow is of a higher quality it has a brown name, can I still make this into a runeword?

3. Should I worry about gear right now or should I just level up and think more about gear later?
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
1. Yes. Make the runeword as soon as you find an ort rune and gamble for a short war bow.
2. You need to read the Documentation to find out how to create runewords.
3. You should have found some unique gear in Tristram.

Here's the Documentation: http://docs.median-xl.com
Next time can you please ask any questions related to the Tantrumdin in the Tantrumdin guide? Thank you.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
check the cube recipes and find out how to create a runeword , and how to unsocket if needed
WolfieeifloW
Bone Archer
76 | 14
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
It literally says in the guide itself how to create a Runeword.
See appendix on how to make a proper weapon runeword.

APPENDIX

A1: Guide to Making a weapon runeword

First step is to erase all modifiers from your bow, and make it into a base item type if it was dropped as magic or rare for example. To do this put these items in the cube and transmute: Bow + Catalyst of Destruction + any rune -> Base version of bow + Catalyst.

Now transmute your bow with an Oil of Enhancement two times to make it superior.

A. Next you will keep cubing it with oils of renewal, until it matches one of the following conditions:
- It has 50% + Enhanced damage and either none or 6 sockets
- It has a 45%+ Enhanced damage and 80%+ Attack rating bonus and either none or 6 sockets

Once one of the above is met, cube the weapon with a Luck Trial mystic orb. If the resulting item has added green text “Double mystic orb bonus”, then proceed to the next step (B). If not cube with an oil of renewal and go back to step A. Note that if the item has no sockets you can punch 6 holes in by using the Larzuk quest reward (once per difficulty) or cubing the bow with any 6 jewels.

B. Now that the base item is crafted, you need to lucky upgrade it. Go kill Griswald on Terror difficulty to obtain his Special Box. Cube the special box with an oil of Luck to get an Oil of Blessed Luck. Now cube your bow with this new oil and hope that it adds both Enhanced Damage and a bonus to attack rating. Only the enhanced damage bonus is mandatory, but if you are a perfectionist with free time you can reroll with an oil of renewal and go back to step (A) if you want a shot at both bonuses.

C. Next you need 5 jewels with which to fill in the remaining sockets.

Now we are ready to make our runeword. Put the jewels in followed by the rune. If the rolls on the variable modifiers are not high enough you can unsocket the bow by cubing it with 3 perfect gems and an Oil of Disjunction.