Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Assuming you had unlimited access to beastly COTW, Great runes, Sacred uniques or whatever else you would need to build a character what is the most overpowered possible build for farming or otherwise that you guys can think of? I usually do stuff with super shit gear so the idea of an expensive crazy character is very alluring and interesting to me. I was inspired by this video by Aerial from a lonnnng time ago where he showcases an absolutley beasly pounce sin utilizing a bunch of expensive gear and cotw. Ill link it here for inspiration :D

ok... GO!
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
SharkXis Wolf.

Edit: Hey, that's a pretty cool video. :)
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Zennith wrote:SharkXis Wolf.

Edit: Hey, that's a pretty cool video. :)

Isn't it! I can't imagine the hours it took to create this gear. The amount of shaad alone used is just absurd.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Smaxed curare, max poi dmg items, some skill to apply it screen wide (Maybe even wyrd or time wave) while you pounce through the map as fast as possible?

Preferably with a 2 hand sword just for the fun, harbringer and pounce need a sword/spear, also harbringer has CD so you need shunpo to play as a 2hand zon.

Must be pretty annoying to kill everything 2 seconds after you were there and then have to rerun to pick up items^^
Edited by Nitz 6 years.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
oh boy, some ancient stuff right there! :)

Honestly a lot depends on what you consider op.
If we are talking "speedclear meta", I think the classic pouncesin with craft was faster (that was after this cotw video, back in that version you coudln't craft pounce naginata iirc). Just more efficient, procs that actually do something, instead of looking nice like glacial nova.

There was patch where bowazon was "good". It was version where bow skill originally called dragonforce was at its peak, absurd range and hit rate, also weapon modifier. Long story short - it was very strong. Then mix it with demonstorm unique bow, and proc was also extremely strong. This character might not be remembered as pouncesins and such, but considering how cheap and simple it was, the clear speed was ridiculous. And it was homing attack that clears everything in front of you, no need to aim anything, just smooth 100% clear. Unfortunately I didnt make video of it, it would be fun to watch today.

But then you have this aspect of backtracking for items. It is true that realistically a character that is too fast isnt good because there is no time to pick drops. Same goes for characters that heavily rely on life on kill and proc chain to keep them going. If you stop you lose momentum.

If you take more recent times, for example leveling past 120 in cows, unholy pala with apocalypse. This is perfect example, shift+click, screen dies, no procs, no lag, just clean clear, you don't need to aim anything, you never get stuck, you can pick drops pretty easily. Ofc cows arent much of a challenge, but it is so much more comfortoble to run with this, than for example a spearzon with pounce, even though speeds are comparable.

And if you allow sligtly lower killing speeds, the old original lazydin was pretty cool character. You had gigantic aoe (more then screen) weapon damage aura that triggered procs and poison + slow. You didn't have to do anything, just walk/teleport, picking up drops while watching tv show in another window :) And all things considered kill speed was good.

What I also remember, from even more ancient times, around median 2008. There used to be a runeword with 25% chance to cast fortress on kill, back when fortress towers aimed multiple targets. Could be one of more op things ever, it was ridiculous (quickly nerfed). A rw that gave barb retaliate oskill (when it had nearly unlimited range) was quite good too.. Or the super old stuff, with permanent unholy armor, but that wasn't really all that useful, more for a show.

When it comes to character op vs heroic bosses, I think it might be just a sorc with starfire oskill, and poison. There was version where you could just break their poison immunity, and apply millions of poison damage via spell like diseased cattle. It was also back when poison spells were extremly overtuned, they were close to damage cap per frame. With char like that you could kill astrogha bosspack in one attack :)
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
aerial wrote:There was patch where bowazon was "good". It was version where bow skill originally called dragonforce was at its peak, absurd range and hit rate, also weapon modifier. Long story short - it was very strong. Then mix it with demonstorm unique bow, and proc was also extremely strong. This character might not be remembered as pouncesins and such, but considering how cheap and simple it was, the clear speed was ridiculous. And it was homing attack that clears everything in front of you, no need to aim anything, just smooth 100% clear. Unfortunately I didnt make video of it, it would be fun to watch today.

Didn't you make one video with a naked dragonforce zon using a t1 crude short bow and clearing Tran Athulua on dest though? That was some good shit too

aerial wrote:If you take more recent times, for example leveling past 120 in cows, unholy pala with apocalypse. This is perfect example, shift+click, screen dies, no procs, no lag, just clean clear, you don't need to aim anything, you never get stuck, you can pick drops pretty easily.

Sound a lot like the m2008 cataclysm+shatter the flesh(or apoc+stf, I'm not sure)sorceress build that was quite popular back in the day. Was it yours as well?
aerial wrote:What I also remember, from even more ancient times, around median 2008. There used to be a runeword with 25% chance to cast fortress on kill, back when fortress towers aimed multiple targets. Could be one of more op things ever, it was ridiculous (quickly nerfed). A rw that gave barb retaliate oskill (when it had nearly unlimited range) was quite good too.. Or the super old stuff, with permanent unholy armor, but that wasn't really all that useful, more for a show.
Perma unholy armor from unique spetum(not sure if su or tu?) + spike nova when struck + hard mode charm, I remember that too.

Also, judgesin anyone?

Sorry I don't really have much to add to the discussion, just wanted to throw some nostalgia out there :D
arcology
Cog
211 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The original Judgesin, m2008 I think, not sure what remained, but judge has obviously been nerfed many times since then. It had like 50%+ thunder hammer proc, but the highlight was some runeword shield with 13%? ish chance of thunder wave on striking. Thunder hammer also had knockback... it used hades gate huge range to start basically infinite proc chains. You'd rarely actually see enemies, they would all die offscreen, all you could see was the stream of hammers coming from your character. The BRC was max level 90 then, with same requirements, and it was one of the few (only?) characters that could do it..

As for most OP build now, pounce treewarden is up there..
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
You can pounce with treewarden?
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Early Median XL. Melee heavy spell proc barb - Snake stance, max block ( was easily achievable),defense was over 1.5 mil- which makes you kinda immortal with the over 15k hp. various spell procs items and the cornerstone of the build was starfire (?) skill on attack from SU Mace- which reduces resistances and removes immunity of enemies. Single thunderslam with snake stance would put your enemies near death, and all the procs would finish them off. I remember farming vizjun a lot with that char. Couldn't even see the robots they were just melting off-screen... Fauzt was a joke as well. Basically every uber with melee/physical damage dealing monster = impossible to die. Not to mention how OP eagle stance was back then.
Edited by Wotan 6 years.
shinyghost
Prowler
16 | 0
Probably 2 hand normal atk zon or the horse king