Hello there.. and d3d question

Discuss Median XL!
quantum
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hello there,

not sure if anyone remembers me, I was semi-active poster on the old forums (using the same name - quantum) but it's been at least 4 years since I last played median. I think I stopped playing at version 1.A9 or something.
Anyway, yesterday I had a dream about D2 lol. No idea why but I actually did. So I fired up D2 today, thought I would "just try the new median" and instantly lost 4 hours and got to level 30.

It's amazing that so far it seems median ultimative is very similar to what I remember and yet adds tons of new stuff to keep one entertained for years.

Anyway I have 2 questions. First, I can't seem to get D2 working under D3D fullscreen mode. I tried lots of stuff, XP compatibility mode, lowering desktop res first before launching etc. to no avail. It's no biggie, it works under direct draw but I used to prefer D3D mode because all effects are nicer that way. Also uniques are easier to distinguish from rares if I remember correctly. The colors are just a bit better. Anyone knows some trick to run D3D?
Glide doesn't work either, by the way but I never liked that mode.
Btw tring to play windowed mode was interesting on a 4K monitor :D
I use win 7 pro. D2 version is 1.13d.

I forgot the second question, maybe I'll remember later.

Brother Laz and Marco, I hate you guys, I lost thousands of hours in my late adolescence because of this mod. I hope I won't lose my job because of median if I start playing again lol. :mrgreen:
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I'd recommend to get D2SE and use glide instead of d3d, you get the same colors with much better performance
Food
Core Lord
360 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Also use 1.13c
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/ Use this. Install. Run D2VidTst.exe. Choose Glide.

And obviously, run both the Diablo launcher and D2VidTst in WXP SP2 compatibility mode.
quantum
Skeleton
2 | 0
Ok I gave the glide wrapper another try and so far it works great. Thanks!