D2stats Reader Dropfilter Editing

Discuss Median XL!
Traphomet
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Hey, is it easy/possible/against the rules to edit dropfilter.dll to change what is shown?
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
It's easy if you are familiar with C/C++. You can use the source code from MXL Utility, Slashdiablo BH or D2BS to get some valuable information about D2 structures, function pointers, variable pointers, etc. Phrozen keep and Blizzhackers are also a good source of information. I guess that's not prohibited if you are doing it for yourself, but if you decided to distribute your advanced drop filter it's better if you ask MXL devs before.
Traphomet
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
SwineFlu wrote:It's easy if you are familiar with C/C++. You can use the source code from MXL Utility, Slashdiablo BH or D2BS to get some valuable information about D2 structures, function pointers, variable pointers, etc. Phrozen keep and Blizzhackers are also a good source of information. I guess that's not prohibited if you are doing it for yourself, but if you decided to distribute your advanced drop filter it's better if you ask MXL devs before.

Thanks for your reply. I'm about as savvy with these things as a shoe, so with it seeming as tough as it is, I'm just going to opt for playing more Median :)
Once again, thanks for this information, since it lets me know that such a filter is beyond my skillset and patience :lol:
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Actually it's not that bad if you only want to modify the list of showing items and add a few new rules. Just compare the source code of Whist's and Kyromyr's drop filters and read about D2 structures, that would be more than enough.
Traphomet
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
SwineFlu wrote:Actually it's not that bad if you only want to modify the list of showing items and add a few new rules. Just compare the source code of Whist's and Kyromyr's drop filters and read about D2 structures, that would be more than enough.

Well, if you say so, I suppose I'll at least give it a look. Where might I find Whist's and Kyromyr's filters?
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Traphomet
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
SwineFlu wrote:https://gitlab.com/olivier.verville/D2DropFilter
https://github.com/Kyromyr/D2DropFilter

Good luck with your research ;)

Thank you for all your help, insight and knowledge. I hope you have a great day :D
szumigajowy
Stygian Watcher
40 | 4
Editing the source code of a drop filter is simple
Here is some information:
1.Hide rare jewel(or any other item) use this:
► Show Spoiler

2.Hide the item quality :
► Show Spoiler

3.Median 2017 item codes
https://github.com/Kyromyr/D2DropFilter ... /items.txt

If you have any questions just ask
PhucHung
Abomination
147 | 17
Could we get banned If we edit by ourselves?
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
PhucHung wrote:Could we get banned If we edit by ourselves?

no, it is open source for a reason ^_^
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi