Guidance requested

Discuss Median XL!
Aerisk
Stygian Watcher
41 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
*Currently where I am stationed in the Army, I have no access to internet minus my phone.*

You can skip the next couple paragraphs at it is mostly backstory
► Show Spoiler

Currently, my main farmer is a Trap Rat, which I can speed clear K3K, TA, and most of Duncraig (fucking barrels on teleporting = restart game) with 50% dr, 300+ all resists with 5% max, and 562% MF

I am currently at the point of finding the same sacreds over and over again, and wondering if/where I should be farming.

My current mf game consists of:

Duncraig, K3K, TA, Meph, Diablo, Baal, and finish in Yshari Sanctum. (All on dest difficulty)

I have tried bumping to 700+ mf, but can not maintain 50% dr and any decent amount of resists so kill speed slows way the fuck down.

Thanks

also, fuck the trap rat, but its the best I can do on single player till I find more fucking sacreds.

Edit: fat fingers
suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Hi there,

First of all my respect for serving your country, good to have more people like you around the forums.

Now as for your question - seeing the same sacreds over and over is just bad luck. Any sacred unique can drop anywhere on destruction, so they are not restricted by areas.

The best farming area for sets and sacred uniques is duncraig, for which your traprat is not ideal. Fortunately the werewolf spec is absolute godmode there and requires very little expensive gear to perform adequately. They key is to have Lo runeword in a 1h broadsword, so the slow target makes the melee slain souls harmless and also sustains your mana. The rest of the items can be random appropriate SUs lying in your stash. Search the old forums for ideas about setup, it has been discussed plenty of times.

Now as far as MF is concerned, going for more than 500 is indeed a waste. If your character is less decked out with charms consider sticking around the 300s to not compromise kill speed too much. Other than duncraig, Tran Athulua on single player still drops great uniques with 400+ mf and the rat is a good choice to afk clear the place.

If you get bored of the druids and you want to try something fresh, why not take your sorceress (cold & lightning or cold & poison ideally) to Bremmtown. It's a seriously underrated, great farming spot (for single player) with 400mf + and the runs are incredibly quick because Tempest/Lorenado make short work of the howling spirits.
Arhowk
Invader
9 | 1
suchbalance wrote:Fortunately the werewolf spec is absolute godmode there and r

Before you go too far, werewolf is stronger in the realm version than in single player (twisted claw has ND in single player) but I'm not familiar with the duncraig werewolf farming build, just remember that if a guide recommends to use twisted claw.
Aerisk
Stygian Watcher
41 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
@suchbalance

Thanks for the info and will probably swap my bow druid to wolf and give it a shot.

Also found a decent weapon and have been on my melee necro lately. shit is fun

@arhowk

ND? I try to learn all the lingo, but lost on that one.
ForkMe
Invader
8 | 0
ND= NextDelay, here's a quick wiki article about it http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/NextDelay
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Arhowk wrote:
suchbalance wrote:Fortunately the werewolf spec is absolute godmode there and r

Before you go too far, werewolf is stronger in the realm version than in single player (twisted claw has ND in single player) but I'm not familiar with the duncraig werewolf farming build, just remember that if a guide recommends to use twisted claw.

What?? Wolf in SP is stronger because it's not nerfed. In SP the newest patch is XVc and Twisted Claw has no ND. Link: http://www.medianxl.com/t6146-xvc-released
Twisted Claw: removed NextDelay, now deals 3/5 weapon damage, slight mana increase.

Wolf got nerfed only in realm. Link: http://www.medianxl.com/t7273-xvr-patch ... lm-edition
» Re-balanced werewolf druid and some mana mechanics that were not working as expected.
suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Arhowk wrote:werewolf is stronger in the realm version than in single player (twisted claw has ND in single player)

No.
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
suchbalance wrote:
Arhowk wrote:werewolf is stronger in the realm version than in single player (twisted claw has ND in single player)

No.

So, twisted claw don't has ND in SP or realm?
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
@MUS01:
- In SP: it doesn't has ND
- In Realm: it doesn't has ND too ...
Arhowk
Invader
9 | 1
I can't find the post where marco stated this but I thought that was the change implemented in XVR to werewolf druid.. my apologies if it isn't

http://www.medianxl.com/t7273-xvr-patch ... lm-edition

Re-balanced werewolf druid and some mana mechanics that were not working as expected.

E/ yes, my bad. the nd change was made in XVc not XVr -_- sorry I've been out of diablo for a while

Twisted Claw: removed NextDelay, now deals 3/5 weapon damage, slight mana increase.