List of noob Questions

Discuss Median XL!
Fenris
Stygian Watcher
43 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I read that is good to hang on to the uniques I find, but I'm having difficulty with stash and inventory space. Being a noob with a lvl 21 Necro, still in A1, what can I do with them to conserve space?

EDIT: My mistake, I found the oils/catalysts at Charsi. How many crafting points are necessary?

I'd prefer if there was a muling program, but I've read that plugy doesn't work work with the latest version? I've also not used it, so my familiarity is more with the programs that work with classic and lod such as ATMA.

Also, can you do anything with the Pearl of Wisdom, or does it drop only to give us noobs little tips?
TheMysticMoose
Cultist
21 | 0
Fenris wrote:My mistake, I found the oils/catalysts at Charsi. How many crafting points are necessary?

No crafting points necessary to disenchant. Just throw the unique and the catalyst of disenchantment into the cube. Also, you can't disenchant uniques that you obtain from the Giftbox.

Fenris wrote:I'd prefer if there was a muling program, but I've read that plugy doesn't work work with the latest version? I've also not used it, so my familiarity is more with the programs that work with classic and lod such as ATMA.

I play single-player only and I use PlugY solely for the shared stash and it works fine with MXL:U XVc

Fenris wrote:Also, can you do anything with the Pearl of Wisdom, or does it drop only to give us noobs little tips?

Just tips.
Fenris
Stygian Watcher
43 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Thanks!
Okay, so either mule those uniques or sell them.
TheMysticMoose
Cultist
21 | 0
Right. I usually only hold onto them if it's a good drop for another character and it's higher than Tier 1, otherwise I'll just wait and farm griswold on the other character.
Aerisk
Stygian Watcher
41 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
don't sell uniques, disenchant them
TheMysticMoose
Cultist
21 | 0
Gekko64 wrote:don't sell uniques, disenchant them

Agreed. I was referring to the Giftbox uniques when I recommended mule or sell.
Fenris
Stygian Watcher
43 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
TheMysticMoose wrote:
Gekko64 wrote:don't sell uniques, disenchant them

Agreed. I was referring to the Giftbox uniques when I recommended mule or sell.

Yeah, most of them were gift box uniques.

I just screwed up, though. I tried installing d2se and plugy. Something in my d2 folder got corrupted, and my backup folder was somehow corrupted by something else...

And now my computer decided it doesn't want to recognize the DVD drive...

Well, I'll get it straightened out eventually.
Dehok
Prowler
16 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Hi,

Are you playing on realm or Single Player? If you are playing Single Player, then the easiest way to mule things would be to use PlugY or download D2SE Mod Manager and enable PlugY when you select whatever mod you wish to play.
If you are playing on Realm, you can use Sandbox or enable multiple launches of LOD through PlugY config in your D2SE folder to mule for other characters on Realm.

It is recommended to mule Tiered Uniques (which are the ones you're finding) since they can be very useful for later when you trying to gear up your character and your hireling, as well as, saving them for other characters. Usually doing Griswold Runs involve farming Tristram to kill Griswold for Gift Boxes which when transmuted in the cube produce 3 TU's usually designed for you class. Each class has different results so using mules to transfer Gift Boxes over would be recommended but not necessary. You don't have to farm Griswold at all since none of the TU's are absolutely necessary, but they are very useful. If you don't want to mule characters or don't have any immediate plans for your TU's then simply disenchant them into Arcane Shards. 5 Arcane Shards -> Arcane Crystal and with certain recipes you'll be able to upgrade or up-tier the TU's you've been using. There are various other uses for Arcane Crystals but assuming your just starting off, you don't need to worry about them. All the information about Arcane Crystals and Arcane Shards can be found in the Docs under Items->Cube Recipes->Disenchanting.

Crafting Points are not necessary to use the Catalyst of Disenchanting, Catalyst of Destruction, and the Catalyst of Learning. However, you will need Crafting points to craft Jewels with certain prefixes/suffixes later with the Oil of Craft.

Yes, the only thing Pearls of Wisdom are just helpful tips and if you cube 1 by itself, you can cycle through all the information. All the information found on the Pearls of Wisdom can be found in the Docs.