Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
well i wasn't aware about that guide untill now ( i did a search on forums) . i was away for a few years .i didn't know what you were talking about . i'm sory if i offended you

lightning-poison and lightning-fire combos were the mainstream for melee sorc when i first quit playing Median . they were the obvious choices for experienced players ; Cold tree was used only for casters and hybrids with summons (i still stick to those ideas , there are better trees for a (pure) melee sorc than cold )
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
You didn't offend me, I just thought that what I was referring to was obvious. Anyway if that guide didn't get released and someone made a melee sorc guide with similar results and with the same style as that guide then melee sorceress would be more popular. I'm 100% sure of this
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
i believe so too . new players seam to need full guides and follow them by the letter , self testing is very underrated ; even the miniguides with gearing/skillplan and gameplay tips seam to be avoided (even if they contain more than enough info ) . i see there exists a constant need of taking the easy part/methods described step by step in "x" guide to clean "y" uberquest :-8

what happened with trying out youreself and make adjustments acording to your needs to fail less and less untill you succeed ? ;-| the docs make everything so easy allready ....
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I'm currently doing walkthroughs and some other casual stuff on stream. Started a small race yesturday which I will be starting up again today. I might start a walkthrough as melee sorc after that :)
RollsRoyce
Djinn
523 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Melee sorc is actually perfectly viable - Its one of whists favorite chars + id actually give it alot over holy melee paladin. You just need a little more dedication to get your gear together, think about which orbs you should use and yes - learn by failing a bit
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
RollsRoyce wrote:Melee sorc is actually perfectly viable - Its one of whists favorite chars + id actually give it alot over holy melee paladin. You just need a little more dedication to get your gear together, think about which orbs you should use and yes - learn by failing a bit
i totaly agree with everything you said . melee sorcs where in the top3 best builds not long ago...
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Meele sorc is super fun to play, but needs some knowledge and gear, which is why people go for the no-brainer light/cold sorc whose gear you can just make as you go.
Also light/cold has the benefit of being one of the best heroic killers :/, which is why you won't see a meele sorc until later in the ladder (when everyone is done with those).
As far as viabily is concerned, I'd say it's perfectly viable, but ofc people will go for the easier and more ''useful'' one which is why it's not that popular.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
ChuckNoRis wrote: i see there exists a constant need of taking the easy part/methods described step by step in "x" guide to clean "y" uberquest :-8

what happened with trying out youreself and make adjustments acording to your needs to fail less and less untill you succeed ? ;-| the docs make everything so easy allready ....

And it's much more fun. I check the map on hatred, then look which resistances I need and try to manage it.