Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Grasshopper wrote:For Butcher (as LL spec) the summons are coming from switching to use Dar-Al-Harb shield instead of 2 Spellgrips?

The moment you can use the shield you use it until the end of time.
krex87
Cog
205 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I think this is the most concise and neatly organized assassin guide (and probably best overall guide imo :thumb: ) so I'm going to post my comment here cause it's related to Nitz's throwing and poison build extras.

I want to hear people's thoughts on scorpion blade skill changes in new patch. I've had a lot of fun and success with it after learning and changing up a few things regarding poison damage. I'm just a casual player so I'm curious what "pro" players think about it if they tried

for me the biggest takeaways with scorpion blade were:
0. Reading poison damage wiki link on this site to get a baseline understanding

1. NOT using QoB (the low %wpn damage overrides your other poison damaging skill sources)

2. Using % increase poison skill duration orbs on jewelry is good (more chance for 1 and done hit when hitting.. and then running)

3. Use items with on kill procs
3.5 I tried several of the good su/ssu/sssu throwing knives and various crafts and all are good but damn the su throwing knife (mechief's iron parrot or w/e) and it's broadside proc are amazing (plus the other stats like good ed%, added damage, mf, dex, life steal%, reani). It's not the normal broadside but it's good enough to knock out at least 1-2 nearby enemies.. and by the time it triggers only guys left are poison immunes.

4. Max WotS, get as much -enemy poison as possible (from crafts, etc), i have -99% because of need to balance with other stats but you can still be mostly effective with as much as -50% (every added -% is Key so keep rerolling crafts to get highest possible roll)
4.5 Max WotP and try to get as much -fire resist within reason (some cheap sin set/su items have both fire/poison -resist stats) to help deal with immunes. i had -40% to -60% depending on specific item mix

5. I put 18-24 points to MkrV skill and 4-8 points into scorpion blade. Every 3 points in MkrV adds another scorpion blade so if at 21 points you have 8 scorpion blades per throw. The poison cloud erupts quickly, in a decent area and the damage is So high and it Stacks so if you kite and get a large group of enemies to follow you and throw a couple scorpion blades at them.. they are all done (and then broadside on kill proc eliminates the immunes). mix in a few MkrV throws as needed (but remember poison damage from this attack would override the poison damage from scorpion blade if the enemy had already been hit by scorpion blade). So if you have a large crowd and throw out a couple scorpion blades (2 quick throws = 16 explosions) then don't follow up right away with a spray and pray MkrV, wait a few seconds and let the poison do its work. Sometimes use a few MkrV shots first to scout and get your initial cb% hits in, then switch to scorpion blade when crowds rush and start kiting them as they quickly die

You are a sin and still die quickly, but this build works great and is fun for farming in the main/popular areas because of kill speed. Learning how to control crowd movement and utilize blink + stun effectively adds more survival time. Using some skeleton reanimate MOs on gear will also greatly extend your survival time and thus kill speed :lol:

With a few average SUs/crafts I could farm TA/Dunc/Triune/Jungles/K3BK and even fautz to some extent with good kill speed. Again for me.. a casual type player
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
This is probably the worst guide I've ever read. What a mess. Let's say you're 120, you just hit Destruction, you have a poison sin build, but no gear for this. What do you get?
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bagboy_Brown wrote:This is probably the worst guide I've ever read. What a mess.

This was posted 2 years ago when MXL2017 with new core was not released yet, so be thankful that he already updated/adapted it 5 months ago for guys like you seeking for hand.

Thanks Nitz for your time doing this.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Bagboy_Brown wrote:This is probably the worst guide I've ever read. What a mess. Let's say you're 120, you just hit Destruction, you have a poison sin build, but no gear for this. What do you get?

Two runewords and some honorifics then the first ~15 charms then sacred shrine crafts then the rest of the charms, then another rune word and max block and the real rest of the charms.
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
You farm some suggested gear with your current gear.
Boohoo this guide sucks because I dont have the suggested gear in my stash.
Sure bro
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Bagboy_Brown wrote:This is probably the worst guide I've ever read. What a mess. Let's say you're 120, you just hit Destruction, you have a poison sin build, but no gear for this. What do you get?

Well.... you just use your scorpion blade gear to go farm terror areas (easy ones like k3k drop higher runes and are pretty simple to farm), get the runes you need for runewords, make a couple of honorifics like Nitz said, and you respec to limpet when you have what you need. It's an incredibly cheap guide. really not hard.

It's not a fair statement to say the guide sucks because you fully leveled as a different spec and are trying to quickly swap into something without reading what it actually takes (which is almost nothing). might take like 15 minutes of your time to get early charm gear to get the first 15 like he said, then make a few more sacred crafts and poof. you're all caught up and can do the rest of the charms as he said.
IBagboyBrownI
Pit Knight
112 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Believe you me bud, I didn't use his guide. Its almost impossible. At any rate, my scorpion blade set is as maxed out as it can be, but I cant do destro bc of poison immunes. So I've been farming Tcows for two week looking for any sacred rares I can use, but to no avail.

Again, not something that I gathered from his guide. There's a lot of words for very little explanation. Because of this experience I'll prolly be making my own guide and it'll just be the meat and potatoes, no bs, for anyone who plans on running LL in the future.

But until then, not really much I can do except farm those Tcows to gather the rares I need, right? Feelsbad.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
make sure to create another user first for each post you make
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
so I don't get it.. you're going to write your own limpet laser guide when this one exists, and another one already exists for electro/limpet?

you can imbue items to make them rare also.