Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
mosamo wrote:
L H wrote:For large crowded areas with open space, Batstrike nova is really great. The only issue with it is managing your timing to consistently and efficiently release the novas with such a fast attack speed, switching between Batstrike and Regular Attack.

why would you need to switch between batstrike and regular attack?

Batstrike charges require regular attack to release the charges.
mosamo
Abomination
145 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
L H wrote:
mosamo wrote:
L H wrote:For large crowded areas with open space, Batstrike nova is really great. The only issue with it is managing your timing to consistently and efficiently release the novas with such a fast attack speed, switching between Batstrike and Regular Attack.

why would you need to switch between batstrike and regular attack?

Batstrike charges require regular attack to release the charges.

oh sorry i got batstrike and noctule switched up
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
mosamo wrote:why would you need to switch between batstrike and regular attack?

To release the charge. You hit once with batstrike to make a charge, once with regular to release it.

There are 2 simple methods - Have them on 2 different hotkeys, hold mouse click and just alternate between them with the other hand. (Works also nice to buff shadow ref//bloodbath)
- have one on the left button and one on the right one then alternate between mouseclicks (This isn't that consistent and often fails)
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
lefti wrote:Hey, I'm building a clawsin according to your miniguide at the end. Would life on attack jewels be best for sustainability? Also, is noctule or batstrike first charge better for general farming?

LoA works great. Here just my small video test for Clawsin build, I have lots of LoA, life leech... high regen & sustain so I can farm any places easily and safely in spite of my low HP, don't need any HP potion to heal my life:
Edited by iamq1803 6 years.
SophRaTzu
Imp
4 | 0
Which is the easiest method for prime edyrem baal on the way to uldy ? Limpet + atmg or wychwind/noctule ? That guy gives me some trouble ,even with %300 cold spell damage and -185 cold pierce plus atmg he regens very fast.I 've tried town portal trick when he starts to heal himself but no dice :S Thanks in advance ..
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
SophRaTzu wrote:Which is the easiest method for prime edyrem baal on the way to uldy ? Limpet + atmg or wychwind/noctule ? That guy gives me some trouble ,even with %300 cold spell damage and -185 cold pierce plus atmg he regens very fast.I 've tried town portal trick when he starts to heal himself but no dice :S Thanks in advance ..

Go for limpet and use summons.
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
This guide seems to cover everything about assassins by someone who knows this class inside out. I am surprised no-one has asked about it for a while.

It seems there may have been a few patches since the previous posts so I am wondering if the patches (up to 1.12 atm) have changed anything that makes this guide out of date in any way? For example, would you recommend different leveling build or do anything different in end game?

And btw, which is your favourite end game build? Is it viable to stick with LL or does it get too weak late in the game? Apologies for so many questions!
NotRandomAtAll
Fallen
1 | 0
I made my assa according to this guide and have zero problems so far. :-P
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Works fine in this patch. Lvl 1-90 is nagi sin. Then limpet laser, weapon and shield runeword, rest honorific. Sockets filled with Thul runes, MO 5x cold spell dmg, magic find (really important to find rare items) and about 40% reanimate skeleton. With this gear you can get the first charms. Then do the shrine crafted stuff, get the rest of the charms. Now either shrine crafted max block stuff with the 4x poi shield and get some hard charms OR I didn't test this yet go to the new A5 areas and level to 121 there with limpet. If this sucks do it with a melee (nagi/claw) or throw built in cow level.

LL doesn't get weaker late game. There have been no breaking changes. Some patches ago fireball and electrofield sentry got viable, they are good alternatives but the item built is pretty much the same, just use the claw RW anarchy. The Shurriken flurry skill has become viable recently too, good alternative and rather cheap. But limpet stays the easiest and fastest option.

What makes this guide a bit out of date are the ubers. Most just changed the location or Azmodan became different but damn those are still very easy.
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Thank you that is very useful.

For Butcher (as LL spec) the summons are coming from switching to use Dar-Al-Harb shield instead of 2 Spellgrips?