Fire Paladin - Unholy Caster Guide[1.3]

dstyle711
Destroyer
7 | 0
Hey There,

I am really enjoying this build, but i am finding i am super squishy and having a really hard time finding a rare pally helm and even just a rare scepter to get brimstone. Does the pally scepter just have to be a base scepter? or can i use any other kind of scepter?

I have around 103k defense and i am trying to do the Terror Ubers and most of the mobs come over and just blow me up. I can barely survive small packs. I dont have blessed life yet, how much does that help? WIll i still be super squishy after that as well?

Right now i am wearing the early game items all level 6 with all ort runes. I have maxed resists.

Also for crafting with the MO's on the sacred gear:
1.) fire dmg
2.) Defense ( enhanaced or total Character?)
3.) what other stats would you add? ( life regen, block, any ideas?)

I know my dmg will go up when i get brimstone, but until then i am just struggling any ideas?

How much Life should i have ? I am around 6k life.
Edited by dstyle711 6 years.
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
dstyle711 wrote:Hey There,

I am really enjoying this build, but i am finding i am super squishy and having a really hard time finding a rare pally helm and even just a rare scepter to get brimstone.

I have around 103k defense and i am trying to do the Terror Ubers and most of the mobs come over and just blow me up. I can barely survive small packs. I dont have blessed life yet, how much does that help? WIll i still be super squishy after that as well?

Right now i am wearing the early game items all level 6 with all ort runes. I have maxed resists.

Also for crafting with the MO's on the sacred gear:
1.) fire dmg
2.) Defense ( enhanaced or total Character?)
3.) what other stats would you add? ( life regen, block, any ideas?)

I know my dmg will go up when i get brimstone, but until then i am just struggling any ideas?

Hey there, I'm glad you like it!

Anyway, the first step to toughen your Paladin is to finish BRC and get Blessed life. You should be able to pull this off even with your TU gear. Just get some support from your merc and proceed slowly. You can try getting your sacred gear in Frozen Tundra, Worldstone Keep and Nilhathak Halls.

As for MO choices, your first priority would be Fire Damage, next is Enhanced Defense (ED) and if you still have some more space, Faster Hit Recovery(FHR). You can use some Faster Run/Walk (FR/W) too if you prefer having better move speed. It depends on your preference. If you're having mana problems, you can use Mana Regen MOs on your jewelry too.
dstyle711
Destroyer
7 | 0
Thanks so much.

Do i need a "scepter" for the brimstone ability? i have had the worst luck finding a sacred rare pally circlet/helm and a plain scepter.

Is it worth putting any points into vitality?
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
dstyle711 wrote:Thanks so much.

Do i need a "scepter" for the brimstone ability? i have had the worst luck finding a sacred rare pally circlet/helm and a plain scepter.

Is it worth putting any points into vitality?

Yes, you need a scepter for brimstone. If you manage to find magic/superior ones you can always imbue with Charsi to make them rare if its taking you too long. Remember to affix burn a magic item before imbuing. [item + catalyst of destruction + any rune]. If it comes out with sockets, use oil of renewal until there aren't any.

And yes, I would suggest putting points into Vit. From experience it isn't worth having more than 1.2 - 1.3k int. Getting higher int could potentially mean more mana, but the amount we get per point doesn't seem worth it imo. Mana Regen MO seems to have this covered for me. The spell damage bonus starts to greatly diminish from that point on as well. So I put the rest of my points into Vit for more hp.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I think he was asking directly about a scepter.

You can use scepter, grand scepter, or war scepter
dstyle711
Destroyer
7 | 0
Thanks ya i got it to work finally! Do you guys know if MF on your follower counts towards your MF total? or do you have to wear it
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
dstyle711 wrote:Thanks ya i got it to work finally! Do you guys know if MF on your follower counts towards your MF total? or do you have to wear it

Yes but only it he does the killing blow.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
smartasss wrote:
dstyle711 wrote:Thanks ya i got it to work finally! Do you guys know if MF on your follower counts towards your MF total? or do you have to wear it

no.

Magic Find from your own gear and charms adds onto your merc's MF for any kill that he/she makes. You do not gain your merc's Magic Find towards your own kills.
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
L H wrote:
smartasss wrote:

no.

Magic Find from your own gear and charms adds onto your merc's MF for any kill that he/she makes. You do not gain your merc's Magic Find towards your own kills.

U are wrong. Learn some basics.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
try again please. if you could benefit from the mf that your merc has towards your own kills, why isn't everyone stacking 600 mf on their merc?

merc gains your mf. you dont gain his.

edit: you said it wrong yourself. why would you benefit from your merc's mf if he is the one making the killing blow?