Iron Spiral Barbarian Guide (Skill plan & Gearing section updated)

shr1mp
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
thx alot now i can make my own uniques lol i'm already lvl 112 was running around with lv 30 runewords haha...

i did it a couple times now with blue items from vendors. i made the 2 crystal + oil of craft recipe right away, can i make it superior BEFORE?

what is transmutation into normal (white item) good for? you can also reroll magic items with oil of renewal?
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
For future reference you don't need to downgrade any item to make it into a unique, just using 2 AC + blue jelly will make it into a unique from any rarity.
shr1mp
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
so i farmed my ass off of nihlatak in hatred about 100 runs to upgrade my gear, have all the early items at (6) and rerolled them so they have the higher stats and max sockets, but i cant even do act1 destruction properly, i maxed out all my resists at 77, have 300k armor but i deal very poor dmg and i still die even to phys damage, elemental shits kill me even faster, it took 10 minutes to kill griswold on dest.... anything i miss ?
i have my clas charm and fully upgraded elemental prism

what about merc gear? and what merc? rings amulet? so many questions :)
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Your skill tree have something very wrong if you cant do dest a1 withthat geat. 300k defense with bear stance? Your damage reduction? You have erawan and truce runewords? You use runemaster? Have pgems as sockets? Brc is done? Are you 120?

A2 merc with bloodlust is best. Gear doesnt matter too much.
shr1mp
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Tkorpi wrote:Your skill tree have something very wrong if you cant do dest a1 withthat geat. 300k defense with bear stance? Your damage reduction? You have erawan and truce runewords? You use runemaster? Have pgems as sockets? Brc is done? Are you 120?

370k def with bear stance yes, dmg reduction is 48% with bear, if you mean physical resist aka damage reduction.

erawan and truce? never heard of that are they for offhand? i'm using dao of xiansai and invictus, runemaster and immortal are as high as possible (16 atm) i use a mix of runes and pgems to cap resists, just hit 120. what is BRC ? bloodlust is exemplar merc ?
oh and i have 1% block chance because only 400 dex, how to fix that ?
where can i get Nih rune for that body armor ? sorry spamming questions

cheers :)
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
shr1mp wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:Your skill tree have something very wrong if you cant do dest a1 withthat geat. 300k defense with bear stance? Your damage reduction? You have erawan and truce runewords? You use runemaster? Have pgems as sockets? Brc is done? Are you 120?

370k def with bear stance yes, dmg reduction is 48% with bear, if you mean physical resist aka damage reduction.

erawan and truce? never heard of that are they for offhand? i'm using dao of xiansai and invictus, runemaster and immortal are as high as possible (16 atm) i use a mix of runes and pgems to cap resists, just hit 120. what is BRC ? bloodlust is exemplar merc ?

no prob. Truce is vith rune belt with high defense and damage reduction, Erawan is armor with high defense and damage reduction do these to sacred armor base items and you get huge boost to your defense. You also need to get some FHR. when you use runemaster you should have all sockets with runes on them as they rise your defense up pretty high. also if you die re -equip every gear that has runes on them so you get more defense.

Vith and Nih runes can be found on end of terror for example nihlathak. BRC is Black road challenge that you should do before you go to destruction. when you enter destruction you need to check gear that you have damage and defensive stats you need to go there. max resist / good enough defense.

Bloodlust is on shapeshifter merc. you also would want to check if you can go some better weapon than dao like Gehenna with XAR rune for example.

You dont need to worry about dex or block for now you need charms and signets to be able to hit 75% block
shr1mp
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Tkorpi wrote:
shr1mp wrote:

no prob. Truce is vith rune belt with high defense and damage reduction, Erawan is armor with high defense and damage reduction do these to sacred armor base items and you get huge boost to your defense. You also need to get some FHR. when you use runemaster you should have all sockets with runes on them as they rise your defense up pretty high. also if you die re -equip every gear that has runes on them so you get more defense.

Vith and Nih runes can be found on end of terror for example nihlathak. BRC is Black road challenge that you should do before you go to destruction. when you enter destruction you need to check gear that you have damage and defensive stats you need to go there. max resist / good enough defense.

Bloodlust is on shapeshifter merc. you also would want to check if you can go some better weapon than dao like Gehenna with XAR rune for example.

You dont need to worry about dex or block for now you need charms and signets to be able to hit 75% block

so nihlathal in terror... hmmh there are shock monkeys wich 1hit me every fucking time i go there, its impossible for me.. witch 77 lightning res :(
travi, mephi and even diablo are fine now on terror difficulty but these runes like nih dont seem to drop here.
d2stats says i have:
224/0 FHR and 60% phys reduction with bear stance, sitting at 500k armor now with bear stance, 13% crushing blow, 5% deadly strike
oh and i have 0% magic resist, do i need this ?

thank you for even responding, you help me out alot
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
shr1mp wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:
shr1mp wrote:

so nihlathal in terror... hmmh there are shock monkeys wich 1hit me every fucking time i go there, its impossible for me.. witch 77 lightning res :(
travi, mephi and even diablo are fine now on terror difficulty but these runes like nih dont seem to drop here.
d2stats says i have:
224/0 FHR and 60% phys reduction with bear stance, sitting at 500k armor now with bear stance, 13% crushing blow, 5% deadly strike
oh and i have 0% magic resist, do i need this ?

thank you for even responding, you help me out alot

yeah shock monkeys hurt but you need to avoid their spells. you cant face tank everything :)

your fhr and defense starts to look pretty good now. nih runes drop also from k3k. try to farm that with bear stance. should be easy asf.
tlpc1
Sasquatch
60 | 0
In the Early Game leveling, this part is a bit vague:
... bear stance and use that until you get wolf stance. after that go leveling up wolf stance up.

But the Skillplan for Early & Midgame doesn't say anything about wolf stance.
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Tkorpi wrote:
shr1mp wrote:

To be fair he cant do BRC until he hits Dest Act 2. (Since portal skill drops from Dest Summoner)

I think he stuck on the early game gear and still doesnt swap to mid game gear. This is why he is struggling so much.