Iron Spiral Barbarian Guide (Skill plan & Gearing section updated)

SirBibol
Imp
5 | 0
Last question for now :P What MOs do you recommend? I can reach 75 resists from jewels alone, so that leaves MOs for more useful stats.
Especially what MOs would be useful for TU items from mid game section?
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
SirBibol wrote:Last question for now :P What MOs do you recommend? I can reach 75 resists from jewels alone, so that leaves MOs for more useful stats.

Mo you could use to FHR, Defense. or you can get resistances from rings and amulets alone to get defense / Fhr sockets also. if you have MO and sockets on defense and you play with defense setup you shouldn't die very easily
Tiberius723
Thunder Beetle
53 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Tkorpi wrote:
SirBibol wrote:Last question for now :P What MOs do you recommend? I can reach 75 resists from jewels alone, so that leaves MOs for more useful stats.

Mo you could use to FHR, Defense. or you can get resistances from rings and amulets alone to get defense / Fhr sockets also. if you have MO and sockets on defense and you play with defense setup you shouldn't die very easily

I really like the fact that you include break points in your guides. Cuz idk how to work or install the speedcalc lol. Will be trying this build soon. Looks fun!
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Tiberius723 wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:

I really like the fact that you include break points in your guides. Cuz idk how to work or install the speedcalc lol. Will be trying this build soon. Looks fun!

just install speedcalc from tools section of this site and double click the .cmd file. i assume you are using windows ^^
Wolfret
Imp
4 | 0
Hello, i found this build very fun to play but have problems now..
I cleared my way up to destruction act5.
Im at lvl 120 now and wanted to do black road challenge. I fail at fautznville terror..
I have 150 ias, 206 fhr, 286 fbr, 25% block, 64k def without buffs. all res at 85% (even on destruction)
All my equip is TU 6 from the list.
I MOed my weapon with additional life stealing/on attack. All my armor MOed with additional ED% and THD %.
I just try to do what the OP did on his videos, whirwlind to the crowd and then iron spiral them..Okay i manage to kill some mobs but there are others that 1-2 shot me. I use wolf stance (btw it says increased fhr and block rate but i dont see the diffrence in stats when i switch?). Tried bearstance but im very slow this way and die too.
What am i doing wrong?
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Wolfret wrote:Hello, i found this build very fun to play but have problems now..
Im at lvl 120 now and wanted to do black road challenge. I fail at fautznville terror..
I have 150 ias, 206 fhr, 286 fbr, 25% block, 64k def without buffs. all res at 85% (even on destruction)
I MOed my weapon with additional life stealing/on attack. All my armor MOed with additional ED% and THD %.
I just try to do what the OP did on his videos, whirwlind to the crowd and then iron spiral them..Okay i manage to kill some mobs but there are others that 1-2 shot me. I use wolf stance (btw it says increased fhr and block rate but i dont see the diffrence in stats when i switch?). Tried bearstance but im very slow this way and die too.
What am i doing wrong?

From what i learned while playing sword-barb for whole ladder - dominance is not worth until 500 sigs and at least mid-game gear (SU/Sets/crafts) and probably just ends up in HR/Block stun until you dead. Use max runemaster/bear stance/spirit guide to greatly boost your defence/damage and add %dr cap. Also i always keep my ll at around 50% (25-30 on terror) so i'm able to recover full life orb (10k hp currently) with just 1-2 spirals. Also you might need to boost AR (Eld runes/some dex/max Daedalus/Spirit trance) 'cause all your ll is nothing if your chance to lower than at least 85-90%
PS: Also i used abit different gear setup. At least i was using
Wolfpack
Wolfpack
Backsword (4)

One-Hand Damage: (11 - 12) to (43 - 49)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 6
Required Strength: 55
Item Level: 10
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
10% Attack Speed
+(31 to 35) to Maximum Damage
(3 to 5)% Life stolen per Hit
+(61 to 80)% Enhanced Damage
(1 to 2)% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(11 to 15) to Strength
+(11 to 15) to Vitality
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (1)
One-Hand Damage: (28 - 31) to (73 - 85)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 25
Required Strength: 89
Item Level: 36
20% Attack Speed
+(41 to 50) to Maximum Damage
(9 to 11)% Life stolen per Hit
+(91 to 110)% Enhanced Damage
(3 to 4)% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(21 to 25) to Strength
+(21 to 25) to Vitality
4% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (2)
One-Hand Damage: (55 - 60) to (125 - 139)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 43
Required Strength: 181
Item Level: 51
30% Attack Speed
+(61 to 70) to Maximum Damage
(15 to 17)% Life stolen per Hit
+(121 to 140)% Enhanced Damage
(5 to 6)% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(31 to 35) to Strength
+(31 to 35) to Vitality
7% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (3)
One-Hand Damage: (75 - 84) to (168 - 188)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 53
Required Strength: 360
Item Level: 85
40% Attack Speed
+(81 to 90) to Maximum Damage
(18 to 20)% Life stolen per Hit
+(151 to 180)% Enhanced Damage
(7 to 8)% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(36 to 40) to Strength
+(36 to 40) to Vitality
10% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (3)
instead of
Bul Kathos' Teaching
Bul Kathos' Teaching
Kriegsmesser (4)

One-Hand Damage: (11 - 12) to (13 - 15)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 13
Required Strength: 96
Item Level: 29
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
2% Chance to cast level 4 Spike Nova on Melee Attack
+1 to Barbarian Skill Levels
+0.4375 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(25 to 48)% Damage to Demons
+(24 to 40)% Enhanced Damage
+(101 to 150) to Life
+(6 to 10) Life on Melee Attack
(3 to 5)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (2)
One-Hand Damage: (30 - 33) to (36 - 40)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 31
Required Strength: 141
Item Level: 40
4% Chance to cast level 8 Spike Nova on Melee Attack
+(1 to 2) to Barbarian Skill Levels
+0.5625 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(73 to 96)% Damage to Demons
+(58 to 75)% Enhanced Damage
+(201 to 250) to Life
+(16 to 20) Life on Melee Attack
(9 to 11)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (4)
One-Hand Damage: (65 - 71) to (76 - 83)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 50
Required Strength: 276
Item Level: 67
6% Chance to cast level 12 Spike Nova on Melee Attack
+(1 to 3) to Barbarian Skill Levels
+0.6875 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(121 to 144)% Damage to Demons
+(92 to 109)% Enhanced Damage
+(301 to 350) to Life
+(26 to 30) Life on Melee Attack
(15 to 17)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (5)
One-Hand Damage: (83 - 90) to (100 - 108)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 58
Required Strength: 543
Item Level: 85
8% Chance to cast level 14 Spike Nova on Melee Attack
+(2 to 3) to Barbarian Skill Levels
+0.75 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(145 to 168)% Damage to Demons
+(109 to 126)% Enhanced Damage
+(351 to 400) to Life
+(31 to 35) Life on Melee Attack
(18 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (6)
just because of more ll, cb and reanimates that at least distracting monsters from shooting me (don't remember if that wolves the ones who using stun).
Edited by Scalewinged 6 years.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Scalewinged wrote:
Wolfret wrote:Hello, i found this build very fun to play but have problems now..
What am i doing wrong?

From what i learned while playing sword-barb for whole ladder - dominance is not worth until 500 sigs and at least mid-game gear (SU/Sets/crafts) and probably just ends up in HR/Block stun until you dead. Use max runemaster/bear stance/spirit guide to greatly boost your defence/damage and add %dr cap. Also i always keep my ll at around 50% (25-30 on terror) so i'm able to recover full life orb (10k hp currently) with just 1-2 spirals. Also you might need to boost AR (Eld runes/some dex/max Daedalus/Spirit trance) 'cause all your ll is nothing if your chance to lower than at least 85-90%

ahm. you dont need even nearly 500 sigs to get max block even i dont have 500 signets tho.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Tkorpi wrote:
Scalewinged wrote:
What am i doing wrong?

ahm. you dont need even nearly 500 sigs to get max block even i dont have 500 signets tho.

Hmm... Idk but that's all i can get currently with 907 stats to spend (some stats goes to str just to wear items) I think while doing BRC you can't get more than it... if only you don't manage to do it at end-game :)
PS: For now it can't cover 1kk+def i have from runemaster... tho gear still pretty sux no matter i've farming from nearly ladder start XD
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Scalewinged wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:
Scalewinged wrote:
What am i doing wrong?

Hmm... Idk but that's all i can get currently with 907 stats to spend (some stats goes to str just to wear items) I think while doing BRC you can't get more than it... if only you don't manage to do it at end-game :)
PS: For now it can't cover 1kk+def i have from runemaster... tho gear still pretty sux no matter i've farming from nearly ladder start XD

yeah you only need like 2650 dex to get max block. even that amount can be raised with io runes. even if you use 2% dex 2% life leech jwls you would be kinda close. you also need some charms that gives you huge amount of stats :)
Tiberius723
Thunder Beetle
53 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Tkorpi wrote:
Tiberius723 wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:

just install speedcalc from tools section of this site and double click the .cmd file. i assume you are using windows ^^

i did this and it just does nothing. even in admin mode