Iron Spiral Barbarian Guide (Skill plan & Gearing section updated)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
romanN1
Heretic
428 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Not needed. His damage is decent enough so you don't actually need it :-D. Other than that you can always change to wolf stance for crushing blow so you'll get even higher kill speed.
User avatar
Tkorpi
Fireblood
983 | 40
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
romanN1 wrote:Not needed. His damage is decent enough so you don't actually need it :-D. Other than that you can always change to wolf stance for crushing blow so you'll get even higher kill speed.


good to know you like it :)
Ventrell
Stone Warrior
33 | 1
Hi Tkorpi, I´m following this guide and I have to say that is a very fun build. My very first character in my history with Diablo II was a Barbarian, so playing in Median is awesome. I have a question: You say that the skill build is modifiable, so what I want to know is...how so? Is there variants Offensive, Defensive, Summoner? Thnaks for the guide! :mrgreen: (and sorry for the bad english) :oops:
User avatar
Tkorpi
Fireblood
983 | 40
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Ventrell wrote:Hi Tkorpi, I´m following this guide and I have to say that is a very fun build. My very first character in my history with Diablo II was a Barbarian, so playing in Median is awesome. I have a question: You say that the skill build is modifiable, so what I want to know is...how so? Is there variants Offensive, Defensive, Summoner? Thnaks for the guide! :mrgreen: (and sorry for the bad english) :oops:



Yeah you can build around bear stance to be more defensive. you can also build dual wielding barbarian or one with a shield. so the character itself is pretty modifiable. You can also go full summoner but my guide is not based on that part :)
Kylrath
Bone Archer
73 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Tkorpi wrote:
romanN1 wrote:Not needed. His damage is decent enough so you don't actually need it :-D. Other than that you can always change to wolf stance for crushing blow so you'll get even higher kill speed.


good to know you like it :)


ScarletEdge made a summoner guide recently.
Kutol
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Im having a hard time getting the end-gear.
I have done some crafting for mf (at 465) and got no problems farming TA on dest. The only thing bothering me is all the clicking :D
Downloaded d2stats for the option to "continue attacking when monster dies under cursor" it works great, but only as the right-hand skill.. and i need my bear-stance! :D
Tried the "hold down shift to attack" but its not very effective....
Anyone got any tips?
The scenario im after is: coffee/beer in lefthand and controll my iron spire barb with mf gear with my righthand without the clicking! (Except 1 click)
Farming mode engage :D
Richardgim
Fallen
1 | 0
Hi, so, i just finished terror with little to no problem, can't go into destruction yet tho, where should i farm for runes and items? I'm super noob to this, first time playing median. Did the Challenges, starting blackroad but just killed butcher and did the gold thing, need to be able to survive in destruction to continue. Thanks!
User avatar
Tkorpi
Fireblood
983 | 40
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Richardgim wrote:Hi, so, i just finished terror with little to no problem, can't go into destruction yet tho, where should i farm for runes and items? I'm super noob to this, first time playing median. Did the Challenges, starting blackroad but just killed butcher and did the gold thing, need to be able to survive in destruction to continue. Thanks!


Try Terror Fauztinville / Terror Tran athulua to get some runes + runeword bases so you can make runewords for destruction.
Drannosh
Imp
4 | 0
Hey I'm new to median xl too, I'm following this guide and I have begun to farm TA and K3KBA in terror difficulty. However I'm still very weak ! Even in bear stance I have only 250k armor. Can you suggest items between the ones suggested for mid and end game? I don't want to change any part of my gear until I got the one suggested, because I fear to lose something important ^^".
Thank you for your help !
HohoHaha
Azure Drake
176 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Drannosh wrote:Hey I'm new to median xl too, I'm following this guide and I have begun to farm TA and K3KBA in terror difficulty. However I'm still very weak ! Even in bear stance I have only 250k armor. Can you suggest items between the ones suggested for mid and end game? I don't want to change any part of my gear until I got the one suggested, because I fear to lose something important ^^".
Thank you for your help !


250k defense is not too bad, you can do destruction k3k easily with it. What are your items? Also make sure that you're walking, because you lose all defense and 2/3 of your block while running.