Iron Spiral Barbarian Guide (Skill plan & Gearing section updated)

Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You are probably watching videos prior to the patch. Diablo has been significantly buffed
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Stigmund wrote:I'm getting wrecked by Diablo in hell. Got max teird items as suggested, 75% all res 50% phys resist 284k def. Tried using Wrathchild and deathgaze too. Many videos i watch show the barb surviving pretty well but I feel way too shquishy all the time and it's been a struggle getting to level 109.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.

Some (if not all) act bosses got buffed at one point and Diablo is now a challenge. You didn't specify exactly what he's killing you with but I'm guessing that it's the fire nova? Socket perfect bloodstones in your armor so you can get 80%+ max fire res. you have more defense than my lvl 129 bear druid so I highly doubt that defense is your problem. Diablo in hell is hard, there's no way around it. Try and get more max fire resistance and more hp, keep a tp up and corpse run him. Also, I don't know if you have all charms available to you yet, but you could go and get those, some of them give extra life and stamina, which would help a lot.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Simply use your brain. I did this with Stormblast, TU gear and 75% resistances. Eliminate the adds first with iron spiral, then Stormblast him. If you see him casting something, move away. Lightning inferno? Dodge it asap for very little damage taken. Slowed ? Walk in circles and wait for it to be gone. Flamestrike ? As casting animation starts, move away. Fire nova ? Chug hp potion in case he spams it. Got him dowm in 5 minutes and deathless. It was a very fun fight, keeping me on my toes all the way long.

If you are curious about my itemization/skills, I made a thread about it named Sword Barbarian in general discussion. As stated below by Semigloss, movespeed from wolfstance is helping a lot on this fight and many others. Lion is great early on, but remember that high damage dead barb deals zero damage.
Edited by Johnny Impak 4 years.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Make sure you are using wolf Stance for the extra mobility. No other stances really do anything in this fight.
Stigmund
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Thanks for the tips everyone. Ligtning and firenova are the only issues. When he double taps firenova i'm dead. When he slows me and casts lightning, i'm dead. I'll try wolf stance and +max fire res pgems as suggested.
sotheru
Destroyer
6 | 0
is this build still viable ?