Tempestsucks - Lightning/Cold Sorc

thl
Prowler
18 | 1
Metalistas wrote:Nef runeword into staff. Put that staff in the alternative weapon. Switch weapons with W key.

Thanks Metalistas, have a cookie! :))
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Heya, I'm trying to reach -200 enemy light res but I'm stuck at -120 and I dont have any cold pierce yet. The reason, I'm using Elemental Children set and really really want to do Astrogha. So I guess it's really hard to get this right?

Would unique jewels be an option to add - enemy res?
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Muilpeer wrote:Heya, I'm trying to reach -200 enemy light res but I'm stuck at -120 and I dont have any cold pierce yet. The reason, I'm using Elemental Children set and really really want to do Astrogha. So I guess it's really hard to get this right?

Best option would be socketing crafted jewels with 5-6% lightning damage and 15% EF on most of them. If you can reach 20k mana this will compensate lack of enemy pierce. I used the same set back in time with -160 lgth pierce and ~50k Thuderstone damage. This is enough to kill Astro in 3-4 hits.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Stealthmaster wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:Heya, I'm trying to reach -200 enemy light res but I'm stuck at -120 and I dont have any cold pierce yet. The reason, I'm using Elemental Children set and really really want to do Astrogha. So I guess it's really hard to get this right?

Best option would be socketing crafted jewels with 5-6% lightning damage and 15% EF on most of them. If you can reach 20k mana this will compensate lack of enemy pierce. I used the same set back in time with -160 lgth pierce and ~50k Thuderstone damage. This is enough to kill Astro in 3-4 hits.

Would it additionally be a good idea to put - enemy light res on all the set parts until I reach -200?
beardy
Imp
5 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Muilpeer wrote:
Stealthmaster wrote:

Would it additionally be a good idea to put - enemy light res on all the set parts until I reach -200?

Thats what I did
havinus
Prowler
19 | 4
Hello guys, im current following this guide and now i have this stats and equips:
► Show Spoiler

I did some of the "easy" ubers and got these charms you can see.
Do you guys have any suggestion for me, like, should change any equips os something? im trying to get better jewels so far.
I can do Dbaal for SU but idk, any ideia or should i keep farming just Dbaal for any good SU ?

So far, didnt get any set sorc piece.
Edited by havinus 8 years.
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
You can craft a better helm. You can use ornate or eerie shrines and look for +skills, % to energy or spell damage on a diadem or tiara. You can try to find sacred gloves and boots and craft them similarly. Then you can socket them with some awesome spell damage jewels and try to get the % to requirements modifier on them so you don't have to invest too many points into strength.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
Ben-
Team Member
346 | 354
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Mind Badge
Brainstormer... cool ideas and theories
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Look at on runeword sorc armour too
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Okay, so I'm using full Elemental Children set, plus most charms that give - enemy res and I have MO'ed every item I have with -enemy light res.

The only thing is that I'm using Empyrean band rings now so that means only -15 enemy light res max per ring. My amulet has +3 skills now and light arena and a nice amount of -enemy light res so that's definitely a big help.

I think it might be possible to roll rare rings with -20 already preset on it +15% so that's 40% that I get extra. That makes it so that I get to -180 enemy light res. That's where I'm stuck now since every other item I can possibly get it on has the stat.

Would it be a better idea to use a crafted belt instead of Ashaera's armor in order to get -200 enemy light res total, or would it be a better idea to do it some other way?

Btw, I love this sorc as a Bartuc farmer, he dies superfast, I just can't kill all the golems so this means I have to start a new game each and every time which is kind of annoying.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
If Bartuc dies golems are still killable. Just watch out the Immolation Bombs :)