Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
With windform active and shield 647k is way too low. Are you using maxed runemaster + bear stance + runes in all slots except helm runeword? upgraded chest to 200 enhanced defense and shield as well? invictus shield.
Should be well over 1.5million.
Fhr for 3 frames you need 200, but I don't think that kills you.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
make sure you reequip your items with runes when you first join a game so the runemaster bonus applies
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Nah issue was he was using ww instead of bear stance (didn't know you can bind ww to left mouse button and move with shift). Mystery solved. If you disable bear stance you will get hit guys! :D
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Just came back to give the 2nd post a thumbs up too. Awesome guide, just like you Aerial. I still remember the D2M days, maybe even the 'JayofTeror' days where I already read great topics you made.

I might even come back this season for a little T6-barb experimentation as I've never actually made a feasible barb and it's still on my list. This guide kind of pulled me back into it :D
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Glad to hear it.
Just keep in mind some of the harder ubers still require some patience.
I had reports from people with much better twinked gear couldn't kill astrogha for 2 hours, or even worse with laz, so it requires som "skill" to do.

Added little section with ahk script, if someone doesn't want to manually switch bear to fortress and just bind it under 1 key:
spacebar - key that executes script; v - bind fortress; c - bind bear stance; sleep value: adjust it to your latency, 25ms is fine for single player

space:: fort()
fort()
{
send v
sleep 25
click right
sleep 25
send c
}
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
aerial wrote:You need to bind it on right skill so you switch stance to fortress, cast and go back to stance.

I know I am being stupid but I can't understand how the skill switch works by binding to right mouse skill. The Options for keybinding will not allow me to assign RMB to a skill. When I right-click on Skill 15 Key/Button One it does nothing. I think I am misunderstanding something important here.

I also tried making it roll-of-mouse-wheel but it was not possible in the keybindings either. Can anyone tell me how to enable mouse wheel switch?

With the script, do I need to download something that makes that scripting language be on my computer before it works?

Apologies for so many questions.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
For mouse wheel binds you need to set client (or d2se, whatever you use to run the game) to windows xp sp3 compatibility iirc.

By right button, It means activating skill with RMB. You use 2 skills in d2 at same time, left and right button.
If you have stance on right skill, and fortress on left, you cant shift+left click fortress because bear stance locks it, so you have to change right skill to fortress -> cast fortress -> switch back to bear stance.
You are not supposed to change what left and right mouse button do in the game, their default functionality is fine (activating left and right skill that are currently displayed on the screen).
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Ah I see thank you for the patient detailed explanation.
That's what I would have done if I had not read all the posts above. It seemed much more complicated than it is!

I researched the AHK scripts, got it working and I find it is very good.
Edited by Grasshopper 6 years.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Excellent guide, sharing knowledge so if any new (and even regular) player really wants to go for it, they can complete the game. It feels great to complete an uberquest for the first time, and it really motivates players to approach other builds with more confidence.

This is also really useful feedback. We are aware how certain uber encounters might feel a bit too frustrating or inconvenient, especially if we consider the Triune. I'm happy to announce that suchbalance and me are going back to sigma development, as we are getting very close to the core completion and first testing phase. The first improvement for triune will be fixing D2 bug that causes charm auras to unwear after death. We'll look to do more changes if they feel necessary, and we'll improve other locations as well especially with the implementation of extra waypoints (torajan jungles, duncraig come to mind).

We are also having some "business" discussions going on with blizzard. We can't tell you what it's about just yet, but it seems cool things will happen. :)

kiki22vu wrote:But in the end it shows how median turned into ez mode with no challange at all since the latest ovrerhaul and versions.

Miss the old median :(
this causual mod route is just too easy and boring for my taste. If some1 is able to do all content with t6 gear then smthn is rly broken here.

Nothing to take away from ae he is good player with great knowledge and not ev1 is able to achive this but still this shows how "balanced" things are in latest maxl versions.

suchbalance wrote:Ah yes, the good old hard median where you take a caster with honorifics, orb 200 pierce and pretend that you're good at the game by 1 shotting every boss. Where WDM is irrelevant because all bosses can be killed with crushing blow alone. Oh you wanted to play a pure phys or magic damage character? Clearly must be bad at the game.

That reply pretty much sums everything up. I don't really see any reason in pretending median was hard before, as long as you knew what to do. That's underestimating this guide. With this level of knowledge you would be able to beat median with naked assassin in the past, all of us who played her in classic MXL know that, and it pretty much was like that for all of classic MXL's existance. Remember when melee specs were a meme and barbs were not being played at all? Make an average of % for each class played of the last ladders and you'd be mostly surprised by how even it is. Median is definetly still harder than most games, and you can experience even more difficulty if you don't go for the cookie cutter build (tons of other builds received changes).
neocrescent
Cog
225 | 3
i really want to know whats this business discussions with blizzard you are talking about marco :bounce: