Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Titan strike is good, if you don't mind, it is fine to keep it up all the time, extra free bonus.
Jitan is good, but later on you don't need %DR bonus from it, and defense is pretty low. It is probably better for leveling than other armors, but for later stages that extra damage is pretty insignificant.
daresso
Sasquatch
65 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Any recommendations on boosting the duration of Titan strike.

Any cheap ways of acquiring Mark of the Wild or Bloodlust? MotW can roll on barb axes right ?

Thanks for answering my post above.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
You can use blue barb 1h weapons and roll +24 to motw on each, affix level is 82, so item level must be at least that.
But I wouldn't bother since that spell damage is not very useful. Remember if you slap spell damage boost on top of elemental damage you get from armor like jitan, it will add crapload of damage to your skill in character screen, but this damage doesn't work with any ranged aoe attack, only with direct melee single target hit. So that +ele damage added let's say to each projectile from death gaze, or stormblast, or whatever skill you use, it will add only +damage you have on item, not damage*spell power bonus. And if you press A and watch your skill damage there, you see that casting motw boosts your damage by a crapload, this is display bug and doesn't work, it will only work for 1 hit you deal directly with normal attack.

Same goes for minions, they use single target melee attack, so for them it does work. You can give minions nephalem spirit boonus, or necro can give minions DFT totem bonus, and boost them with his burning veil wall, boost them with shadow aura, they gonna deal damage +ele damage from DFT totem multipled by spell power. But for example merc that uses bow skills, it won't deal all that increased damage, despite fact that you see some ridiculous number in "O" menu stats. Same goes for snake stance for example. You can max snake stance + synergy, and put on a poison spell damage gear in every slot. You gonna see ridiculous number like 500k damage thunderslam or something, but it will not deal that damage via any aoe/projectile ability.
You probably know this, but just saying.
I don't use extra buff switch like that because relistically all you get from it is that little +% physical damage it grants, and it is just not worth it, since this build switches to shield/sword quite often to move.

As for titan strike, unlike many other innate skills buff duration works with it. But I don't think it is really worth messing around with, you can just recast it.
daresso
Sasquatch
65 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Good to know the hidden mechanics of the LCS (Lying Character Screen).

Anyways, this dropped during my act 3 clear of Flayer Dungeon 3. Nice!
► Show Spoiler

Stats of Char:
► Show Spoiler
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
sadly doom/banish will overwrite your wolf companion curse which makes it a not so great option for barbarian
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Wolf curse is completely usleess if skill isn't supermaxed (incerasing returns). 1pt, 10pt, 20pt, practically 0 added damage in lategame.
In the other hand doom proc is you aren't sin and don't have maxed doom in your skill tree, is also very little damage added.
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
aerial wrote:Charm is again relativelty valuable for us, because it grants some speed and AR bonus. You might want to rerun this uber few times to get high AR roll on it (goes up to 150%). Trophy is very valuable for melee character, if you find it it is gonna be extra useful to put on Sleep charm later on.

Can I ask about the "Sleep charm" which you mention in the above quote that the trophy should be to be added to later on?

I found the trophy and it says "Cube with Spirit Trance Herb". I thought that is normal (we cube the trophies with the charm from the same boss). But I want to check this with you in case I misunderstand something important and waste the trophy.

I have found a herb charm with 138% Attack Rating bonus and 33 life regeneration. Is it worth upgrading that with trophy or should I try for higher Attack rating?

Something that may help others. For Rathma I started as recommended using sword/shield and whirlwind. I died many times and got no charms. Then I tried with axe. First two times, two charms and 1 with a trophy. If you are struggling with the axe method it may be worth trying it with axe and go a bit slower. It may just be that I am not very good at using whirlwind of course.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
You can use throphy in two ways, either use it with rathma charm to add shitty 10% Chance of Uninterruptable Attack to it.
Or use it with Sleep charm to add:

Rathma Square Trophy:
(101 to 150)% Bonus to Attack Rating
(6 to 10)% Chance of Crushing Blow
(1 to 5)% Bonus to All Attributes
Reduces all Vendor Prices (11 to 20)%

full list: https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/wastelands#witch

I'd definitely save rathma trophy for sleep charm it is one of the best you can get for melee char (not counting those extremely hard to farm).
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Oh I see. That is new to me, thank you for the information.

This game is quite complicated (but that is a good thing).
Footman
Cultist
21 | 0
Jampula wrote:You can't mo eth items.

This information is new to me and sadly true, I always thought that ETH items are better, but they are actually worse :D
ETH gives 50ed, but just MO can give me 75ed and I don't loose socket for indestructible jewel