Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Yeh it will about double your boss damage, not counting its high base damage overall. You get free stormblast every swing.
This weapon becomes little suboptimal with really high end gear, because it is hard to max pierce for lightning and cold at same time (and you can't use stormlblast with axe to focus purely on lightning). It is sort of legacy feature of an item that bunch of axes have lightning procs (even innat axe proc, thunderfury, that every 2h barb axe has is lightning). It dates back when there was no skill restriction to swords and axes. Then it was introduced, axes got cold skills tree (skills that convert to cold both iceburst and gaze), but at the same time they still have their own lightning damage mods.
niqxarn
Cultist
22 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Any thoughts on full end-game gear?

I've found Black
Black Dwarf
Black Dwarf
Amulet

Required Level: 110
Item Level: 105
+2 to All Skills
20% Cast Speed
20% Hit Recovery
+(15 to 25)% to Lightning Spell Damage
-(5 to 20)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(15 to 25)% to Cold Spell Damage
-(5 to 20)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(21 to 29) to Supernova
(30 to 40)% Bonus to Defense
-5 to Light Radius
(with upgrade) and I figured it goes perfect with the build.

Edit: Possibly the Xis-rune version of the helm?
Nasrudin (Xis)
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
lol posting endgame xisgear when the whole point of build is endgame with t6 gear.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
niqxarn wrote:Any thoughts on full end-game gear?

I've found Black
Black Dwarf
Black Dwarf
Amulet

Required Level: 110
Item Level: 105
+2 to All Skills
20% Cast Speed
20% Hit Recovery
+(15 to 25)% to Lightning Spell Damage
-(5 to 20)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(15 to 25)% to Cold Spell Damage
-(5 to 20)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(21 to 29) to Supernova
(30 to 40)% Bonus to Defense
-5 to Light Radius
(with upgrade) and I figured it goes perfect with the build.

Edit: Possibly the Xis-rune version of the helm?
Nasrudin (Xis)

Of course. The Xis version is even better! I have been farming Teganze to shits today with my summoner barb and made a Natasha's Legacy armor. Not sure if the helm beats
Bul Kathos' Voice
, which really helps in Tran. But at least it compensates for the stats lost by using the armor if I use XisNasrudin.

I'm just slapping amazons around like christmas /p8 with Bul Kathos' Voice, Natasha's Legacy and Yaggai's Sagaris.

When I get enough runes again to make a xis I'll try the Nasrudin helm too. Will probably help a lot when doing ubers. So far this setup is rock solid, using featherclaw, t6 heavy belt and Lion's Paw boots ;) And 2x SOTNK and Klaatu ammy, but the ammy isn't the best choice.

Edit:
Why the FUX would anyone give me thumbs down for this post!? :evil:
Edited by Muilpeer 6 years.
niqxarn
Cultist
22 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
notforkeeps wrote:lol posting endgame xisgear when the whole point of build is endgame with t6 gear.

I fully understand that. But on the otherhand, I like the playstyle, hence the question. I'd like to continue playing this character, even though I have the charms.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
I recommend reading this thread, better gear options were discussed several times.
Note that not all su/xis rws must be better, if it doesn't synergize with the build. So at least have that last bit of a challenge to figure this out :)
I can tell you that black dwarf isn't really all that great for the build. Yes you get some pierce, but it has 0 +life or % life. Not terrible but nothing really special. Rare can have pierce too, not quite as much, but you can have ton of flat life.
xisfal is obviously great, but not as great as it would be for block based build, 500 dex being wasted on 2h user barb is bit wasteful.
I don't want to repeat myself, so just read at least some of this thread.
niqxarn
Cultist
22 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
aerial wrote:I recommend reading this thread, better gear options were discussed several times.
Note that not all su/xis rws must be better, if it doesn't synergize with the build. So at least have that last bit of a challenge to figure this out :)
I can tell you that black dwarf isn't really all that great for the build. Yes you get some pierce, but it has 0 +life or % life. Not terrible but nothing really special. Rare can have pierce too, not quite as much, but you can have ton of flat life.
xisfal is obviously great, but not as great as it would be for block based build, 500 dex being wasted on 2h user barb is bit wasteful.
I don't want to repeat myself, so just read at least some of this thread.

Thanks for your reply and also thumbs up for a good guide, fun playstyle. :-)
Doomsday
Bone Archer
76 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Barb is a Monster, i love Barb for easy early gear up Dest TA and K3k(Bearstance vs Undead :yay: )
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Updated guide for 1.3
To sum things up: put 1 point into SOR and not use spiral/gaze. Sor is strong, works with swords and axes, gives us even more defense. Vs most bosses we use iceburst/stormblast anyway, so nothing changes there, only our AOE skill, and pure physical. It is "cheapest" tweak takes only 1 skill point, and imo is better than dumping 5 points into gaze, plus not having ability to aoe with sword on switch (with sor we have).

Bit lazy update on my part because I didn't edit spiral/gaze every time I mention million times in entire guide, just put disclaimer on top :)
Also added gearing tip about MOTW axes for optional switch to get that precious source of +10% SKILL ias, which helps a ton.

Alternatively you could approach this by going full sword spiral, maybe even max the sword skill and beat everything with shield, but imo axe/sor with shit gear really will do more damage, we get that thundercrack procs, 2h axe is twice the base dps.

Losing damage from bear stance and some elemental from thundergod isn't big deal.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
You can copy whole guide to MS word. Then use ctrl+F to find and replace one word with other :)