New Player Guide (1.2+) v1.05

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
NLGElijah
Vampiress
39 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Unda wrote:This is not the first time when I hear that people Disenchanting regular Unique rings/amus/quivers/jewels they found with Catalyst of Disenchantment as not see them any useful, so it could be also recommended to add such info to Tips that they can make Signets of Learning out of it. Just checked and was surprised that Catalyst of Learning doesnt include that information in its description and its not listed under Cube Recipes in Documentation that you can make Signets of Learning out of regular Unique rings/amus/quivers/jewels. This came to my mind when today level 120 player in TSW lobby was surprised when I told him that he can make signets that way.

Its good you refreshed that type of guide and updating it.

Added it :) thank you for pointing that out and glad that you enjoy the guide :D
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
„Level to 25 in arcane sanctuary“
God this bothers me much More than it should. You can easily gain level 30 in the sewers, even on /players 1 with max. 3 runs. There are tons of elite enemies like the pack, who in total give nice exp or those spiders, which grant even better you exp.

„Grind out level 35 in mephisto runs“ again this is imo wrong. With some patience you can get up to level 42-45 just by farming arcane crystals there, which also improves your gear a lot. Those invisible que-Hegans and their mobs grant so much exp. it‘s insane.

Sorry for sounding harsh. I‘m in a hurry.
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Well Hecht you have to see what's necessary. I don't think I completed hatred above lvl 50 once. Killing Diablo at lvl 40 then going through a5. That's with 2-3 meph runs as well. People really overestimate how much gear you need. I didn't have any problems with my build (cold sorc, poison for immunities) both regarding killing speed and surviving. My merc died to Diablo and I was too lazy to res him so he wasn't a part of a5 either. This is solo without twinking as well.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
The pack is a trash elite.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Is it necessary? No. Is it helpful for newbies? Yes.
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
well it's helpful grinding hatred baal for lvl 70 and get everything to t6 as well. Or simply get rushed/tcow'd and buy crystals and gamble bases to create items. Doesn't mean you have to lol. It's overkill leveling that much. You don't have to 1shot everything all the time, then you will hit a wall later in destruction and specially in uber.s
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Okay then let me word it differently: If you want to level somewhere, that area definitely isn‘t arcane sanctuary, because the exp you get there suck in comparison to sewers.
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
That is correct however, also as mentioned durance of hate elite packs. Most newbs overlevel anyway that's why I don't want to encurage them to level even more.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Well, you need to farm arcane crystals anyway for nearly any build. So you can do that while leveling. = win in 2 ways.

Edit: btw I wouldn‘t grind to 65 or 70 at Baal either. 60 is enough. Then go to k3k in hatred for ennead challenge and in order to farm gems/rings/amulets.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Who tf farms Baal for exp anyways? Play the game normal, pick up some AC's at meph, kill those elite summoner mobs and que hagens on the way to meph, hit about 42 by the time you pick up all your AC's, proceed to finish Hatred, do 1-2 hcows to hit lvl 60. If you really want to overlevel, go run Island of Sunless Sea with a couple XP elixirs you pick up along the way and you're sitting at 70-72 after 3 runs. Baal runs are a stupid and slow grind, honestly. Much faster ways and its very infrequently even necessary.