How to set up GLIDE WRAPPER + Borderless window (pimp your mxl)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
arkolyno
Acid Prince
49 | 1
Same issue as some other users, borderless tool doesn't recognize the game window...i tried with other games, same thing...It just says ERROR on the process and style lines under the game settings .
Playtime
Skeleton
2 | 2
For people complaining about black bars. Set static size to "no", continue with the rest of the guide.
May or may not cause other effects, such as an odd scaling making the "size" of the window behave odd in relation to your cursor and screen position.

This is hard to word. When using no static size, the window is the same size in the background, even though it's scaled to the res you set...
So say your window is 800*600, and you use the borderless tool to go to 1920*1440. It will zoom the 800*600 into that resolution. But the window itself is the same size.
Which makes your cursor feel extremely accelerated. Since it's move the same distance across the same window... But it APPEARS that it's moving further across your screen, since the window you visually see, is the larger one.

With no static size set, you can manually adjust the size of the window beforehand to the size you want. Which if you set a random anything to the res you want. Let's say a notepad window, using the borderless tool. You can drag your D2 window out to the same size (notepad is a reference size) then once at the correct size, press your hotkey on the borderless tool to set D2 to borderless.

This will now do the same thing I tried to explain above, but now the windows are the same size. Thus far removing that problem entirely.

It's an unusual fix, and a little annoying to do all the time. But it works well enough.
DOOMEX
Abomination
145 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
help please
all was go well and played with 3DFX Glide /dont remember what options !! / , i got disconnected few times then i decide to look this guide and I CHANGE OPTIONS folloing the guide , and that make D2 NOT RESSPONDING every time i start launcher q i tryed to get back some options that i remmebr - not helping, game now work only if i put 2D or 3D if i put 3DFX Glide game beceme not ressponding on the start , what possibly in options of 3DFX Glide may be the reason for that ? i tryed restore default values that didnt help
DOOMEX
Abomination
145 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
here i copy/paste setting
Glide-Wrapper settings export

no opengl-infos queried

wrapper.language:1
wrapper.settings.window:1
wrapper.settings.aspectratio:1
wrapper.settings.vsync:1
wrapper.renderer.texture_mem:32
wrapper.renderer.texture_size:10
wrapper.renderer.truecolor:1
wrapper.renderer.video_texture:1
wrapper.renderer.bilinear:1
wrapper.renderer.shader_gamma:1
wrapper.renderer.keep_aero:1
wrapper.extension.GL_EXT_vertex_array:1
wrapper.extension.GL_ATI_fragment_shader:1
wrapper.extension.GL_ARB_fragment_program:1
wrapper.extension.GL_EXT_paletted_texture:1
wrapper.extension.GL_EXT_shared_texture_palette:1
wrapper.extension.GL_EXT_packed_pixels:1
wrapper.extension.GL_EXT_texture_env_combine:1
wrapper.extension.WGL_EXT_swap_control:1
bamsugar123
Cultist
23 | 0
hey guys , dose custom font work with sigma ? can smb help me plz i rly want it bad :(
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
I think there might be issues with d2stats (if you are using it) and custom font. Random crashes. So I'd skip custom fonts for now.
Odoakar
Imp
5 | 1
I get a white window when running the game with these settings:/
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
i you have issues setting your window mode on 1024x768 , here is how you can easy play window mode : go to glide settings -> static size -> select 800x600 -> you now have the same window size as in the older patches .
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Any news on a solution for the back bars on 1920x1080 screen?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
if you got back bars most probably you are using direct 2d video setting and not glide . have you checked that ?