The Sumodin

Ananochi
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Arubel wrote:How did you managed to get on +MF and minion dmg? on every jewel?

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/cube

TIR runes give magic find. Then you just roll for the minion stat of your desire.
Arubel
Bone Archer
74 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ok so he doesn´t used Kur rune.
elpepe
Prowler
15 | 0
(first of all i am not english native so) Brothers i dont want to look pessimistic... but this builds is not compared to any other builds for paladin, let me explain first of all i already play this build, and even go far with 400Mf 11k for my character and 300k defense and for scourges 30k Hp 6.8k to 7k damage and 100% resis , and i think that you should go try another builds bc with this builds you dont have a lot of choices for paladin, i mean i already surpass this character with a summoner barb cause the barb has more end game su/ssu, with the paladin your endgame items are sacred crafter or honorifics, and the only things that you can use with pala are hivemind but the darklings are useless as fuck, and the rathma blessing sinners are also useless af and you lose mf, and dont gonna say anything with the blades of alnair with that fking cooldown (wtf with all the cooldowns in this game), another thing is the shield you dont have another option than stone guardian, maybe you can use herald of zakarum but it doesnt bonus minions, and maybe the summon its like sinners and darklings useless apart from the resistances that sun champions gives, if you keep reading my intention is not blame this build i think it have good power but maybe if the developers make something like the barb or the necro it should work better for end game, for example the pala has two choices when selecs holy or unholy you can choose between two options melee or caster, but in neutral has vessels or summons but if you choose summons you lose bc you dont receive % bonus in life and damage you only unlock lvl from minions, and also for example the barb has bonus if you put points to strengh and also with the barb with end items you can have up to 33 minions that are the ones that i have, or you can have up to 27 minions with 10 more ice elementals and 10 more fire elementals, (this ones i havent tried yet), my point is that the game mechanics dont help the sumodin in end game that is the important, but is a really goooooooood build for early to mid-end game but at the end you reach a wall that can surpass it is my opinion, and for the hybrid that you were talking early , also try it, but in the end it looks more useful to go full melee. if someone can clear bremm and fautz or dung with more than 4 players alone and relative fast with 400mf and without diying a ton of times, tell me and i should try one more time this build but i would need more help bc i dont know what more do to improve the scourges, also wtf only 15 scourges and only FIVE (5) hoplites men maybe with 15 hoplites could be funny a netrasummon or atleast put items that give good oskills summons like the barb that have the Star summon of the Sorc and Ama that is the elementals
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
That‘s because a summon pala was never meant to be. They never thought that someone would actually make a paladin based on summons, that‘s why it lacks items.

In addition to that, I Want to say that the mechanic of needing lots of mana to summon and the mechanic where holy and unholy grant different bonus is simply stupid. Again, that‘s because summon pala was never meant to be a thing. That mechanic is still an ancient relic from 10+years ago and hasn‘t been changed since forever.

Why I still made that build despite knowing the devs didn‘t support this build (yet)? Simple: if I made a guide for this build I‘d definitely show them: hey, the community wants to play this, so please fix what is broken about this build and support it with items.

After all it feels like the whole reason summon necro is currently in a bad spot and a necro summon rework is on the way is mainly my fault since for several patches in a row I supported that build and gave several ideas that help fixing the problems (the problem with summon necro was that a priestess merc was really broken with the 2 buff totems. And now they finally fixed that as with a short fix).

So let‘s hope they listen to the community again and fix some of those problems with the next patch. Maybe we can even see a few new item or the demon blood aura from snagreal spreading again as it used to.
Ananochi
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Sumodin is a fun build, but as HechtHeftig said - its not possible to do the real end-game content. We all hope for the devs to give us some love :calm:

My take on it, is that this build can be a pretty good MF setup. I can run Fauntz pretty damn fast, with a substantial amount of MF - which is usable indeed.
Arubel
Bone Archer
74 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
how important is minion attack raiting stat on armor?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Arubel wrote:how important is minion attack raiting stat on armor?

You can neglect it, since Colosseum reduces the defense of everything inside the area. So your minions will always have a 95% chance to hit. Plus they already have about 20 k AR, which is plenty.
Arubel
Bone Archer
74 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Habe mir eben einen Hivemind gekauft. 4 Juwelen drauf. Da er aetherisch war hatte ich auf einem Indestructible. Ich kann meine Mo mehr drauf machen? Also weder ED noch Minion Dmg. Ist das normal? Bei anderen Sacred Uniques geht das doch?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Arubel wrote:Habe mir eben einen Hivemind gekauft. 4 Juwelen drauf. Da er aetherisch war hatte ich auf einem Indestructible. Ich kann meine Mo mehr drauf machen? Also weder ED noch Minion Dmg. Ist das normal? Bei anderen Sacred Uniques geht das doch?

Ja das ist normal. Man kann keine eth items mit dem cube mehr erzeugen, weil es wohl einen bug gab der nicht berichtigt werden konnte.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Leveled my char slowly to around 110.
A2 shapeshifter with yul helm + tu4 spetum, very good results if you cap it at 9 fpa. You get 25% ctc miasma on attack and another 20% on attack with 300% effect duration. Aside from -33% movement speed, you get -33% enemy damage and attack rating, that is up all the time, and lasts really long.
Very reliable.

Main problem I've encountered is mana cost of things, scourge, teleports and even DJ.
DJ still seems to be best skill to make difference at lowest investment. No need to cast other skill to use it (unlike retaliate), takes 6 points to get rid of CD.
VS nm baal for example, it took about 4-5 trips to town to resummon and heal, to kill it. If you went with pure scourge, it took wayy longer iirc. So skill definitely makes prettu big differene.

Another thing I observed, I was not stacking any dex/ar, so there was point that I had 150 AR in A5 nightmare, which resulted in 5% chance to hit regular monsters. Yet, colosseum seemed to hit everything reliable. I think it might have ITD same as thunderslam? or that is just effect of that -100% target defense that has no penalty vs trash. Either way, It doesn't seem that you need attack rating. Even for dj, with tu light gauntlets on yourself and on merc, enemy boss defense is quickly reduced to nothing.
youtube.com/ae1337