Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
havocspartan wrote:Just as a follow up, is having a higher maximum resistance not something to push for mid to end game? Some of the other response you give talk about doing more damage to kill faster to not get hit. Does 75 vs 80 max resists not make a huge difference in ubers/end game? What would happen if you tried to achieve say, 95 max resist for ubers (any char)? Would it be useless because ubers stick to physical and magic damage?

For most things, 80% Elemental Res is pretty much all you need. Your Regen, sustain, Avoid, and Mana Shield all serve as additional "damage mitigation," regardless of damage type. There are certain Ubers/Uber boss fights for which you'll want higher res, but those usually involve just maxing res to one Element. In those cases, you can just swap out socket fillers at the appropriate times to meet your needs.
Crescent
Cultist
23 | 2
Greetings. BTW, sorry for bad english. Learned it with games and songs as far as can.

I've played Median since the times when it was called Median 2007. Really, really like this mod.
And, since tried a Sigma's melee sorceress just around month ago or something, like it more'n'more.
But now i stunned and confused. Belt's RW Nero - Torajan great rune Auhe makes me frustrating.

Pushed Toraja 30 times at this moment. Got 4 Krys, 1 Shaad, 0 Auhe.
Playing SP untwinked. Each run eats 40-45 minutes of my useless life. Very anoying instance. Damn edyrems... Hate that mechanics. It's even worse then Purify too.

Don't asking for any help, just wanna share my pain. Registered right now only to write it.

The man who coding the maths for great runes drop - SHAME ON YOU!
Thanks for MXL, anyway. Wish you a good day =P

And, Solfege, thanks for this guide.

Now i'll continue farming. Hope forum's aura helps.

UPD: Auhe dropped at 34th run, In 2 hours after posting that. In my opinion, it's enormous badluck or enormously low droprate for area that can not be cleared brainless (nor as, for example, Duncraig, which takes 5-6 minutes).
Maybe should think about great rune RWs like about SSUs. Maybe it's a regular situation, after all. *sigh*

Love Median, anyway, heh.
appuru
Prowler
16 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
JetJet wrote:how long did it take you to kill him? running same items except rouge and having trouble denting him.

I kill him pretty consistently now in under 5 minutes, I changed the strategy a little more and lure him to the entrance after clearing out the phys immune enemies along the way (they block line of sight when trying to purify statues), then proceed to cheese him by TP'ing in and out between fusillade/purify uses as needed to wait out the cooldowns. Being able to tank the zombies is basically a requirement since you want to sit still next to your TP, so make sure you have enough dex for max block. You can try swinging at Zorun with moonstrike/bladestorm but I'd recommend using shift to sit still otherwise it can easily turn into a wild goose chase and wastes time as you try to get back to your TP.

Another thing to keep in mind timing-wise is that you want to wait out fusillade's animation until all the projectiles are spent, otherwise it won't do much of anything. It's still possible to get horribly unlucky and have Zorun spawn 5+ statues in a matter of seconds, but it's still salvageable if you teleport away until he's outside the immunity aura range.
kingkoopa300
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
This build is more fun, then good... I die constantly in Duncraig and Teganze which is to be expected it's the end game and I never been over level 118. Trust me I got all the gear and stats, over 2000 dex, 296,00 def, 60% bc, almost 20% avoid, and ect... I'm am currently thinking about going all or part honorific just to see if max block would help, but I can survive now it's just I have to constantly retreat and knock off mobs in pieces instead of just blow them away instantly. current level is 121
lazyknob
Balrog
126 | 6
kingkoopa300 wrote:This build is more fun, then good... I die constantly in Duncraig and Teganze which is to be expected it's the end game and I never been over level 118. Trust me I got all the gear and stats, over 2000 dex, 296,00 def, 60% bc, almost 20% avoid, and ect... I'm am currently thinking about going all or part honorific just to see if max block would help, but I can survive now it's just I have to constantly retreat and knock off mobs in pieces instead of just blow them away instantly. current level is 121

I'm newish myself (I still find myself frustrated with certain transitions or mechanics).

For teganze farming, what I did might be a little slow, but I took note of a few things.
Most of the damage is elemental/magic. So screw block, wont work. Max resists all the way. Slapped on TU wheel of fortune and TU topspin for max elemental resists. Took out all my amethyst gems and put in resist gems to further raise my max resists.

Once I was 87-90resist across the board, I was able to take the M&M bukakke to the face and not die in one volley.
Use Force Blast regularly to reduce damage.

I was fortunate enough to get Endless Loop a belt which gives me Charged Strike (100% weapon damage). So these days if I farm teganze, i just slap on the above with charged strike (ez life leech) and just right click through the whole area with ease. Bladestorm works just fine, just requires a sliver of attention to hit a pot now and then.
Kaly_
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
Today i wanted to transition from mid-game gear to endgame gear (alt setup)

Cannot be Unsocketed......!!!!!?????

What a fun mechanic.... after going through all the trouble acquiring a Xis rune and get 30+ ed and a reasonable amount of AR +20% lucky oil roll on warp blade the game also forces you to craft perfect jewels before making the runeword since you arent able to rebuild it huh ?

......anyway.

I choosed "decent" jewels and am now a "proud" owner of a mediocre shark warp blade.

Learning by doing "feelsbadman".

If anyone wants to build it too, make sure you have gosu jewels to put in i suppose, at least if you want to min/max.

Game is harsh but im still grinding my titts off :)
lazyknob
Balrog
126 | 6
Probably took me faster to farm the xis than to roll a attack/HR +2% dex jewel :flip:
Kaly_
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
lazyknob wrote:Probably took me faster to farm the xis than to roll a attack/HR +2% dex jewel :flip:

I feel you. i saved up a bunch of jewels through my playthrough and crafted about 100 jewels so far. like i said. being forced to have BiS jewels is kinda meh but we gotta deal with it :bounce:

edit: 100 jewels is most likely rookie numbers on my side
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Kaly_ wrote:
lazyknob wrote:Probably took me faster to farm the xis than to roll a attack/HR +2% dex jewel :flip:

I feel you. i saved up a bunch of jewels through my playthrough and crafted about 100 jewels so far. like i said. being forced to have BiS jewels is kinda meh but we gotta deal with it :bounce:

edit: 100 jewels is most likely rookie numbers on my side

Don't feel bad if you're not using perfect jewels. As long as they have enough IAS and/or HR to hit your BPs, at least +1% DEX (or +1% All Attributes), and preferably some res, you'll be fine.

A lot of the "recommended" stuff in the guide is mostly meant to help new players who may need the extra boost to make up for having a little less skill. For example, even though things such as perfect jewels and certain Trophies are recommended, I personally either never use them, or only use them if I just happen to get them randomly. I don't have the time or patience to craft/farm for these items.
Zealot
Fallen
1 | 0
Thanks for this! :mrotate: