Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
basically11 wrote:How does extra Dex help when you are capped on Block Rate? Trying to figure out what to MO my armor pieces with and having a hard time.

I am at 135 IAS, 165 FHR and 320 FBR. Trying to figure out what would be best at this point. I could go Total Character Defense/ Hit recovery/ Dex.

Thoughts? comments?

DEX is the safe choice since it affects your damage, defense, and AR, as well as CtB. But if you're going Phys, and you're feeling good defensively, you can experiment with Weapon Damage (armor MOs).
FuriousBEAR
Cog
204 | 11
About the elemental route.

I have piles of
Demonstone Blood
Demonstone Blood
Jewel

Required Level: 40
Item Level: 40
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items
Adds 20-40 Fire Damage
Maximum Life +(0 to 1)%
unique jewels, do you think i should use those instead of io/p.amethysts? Atleast in some parts of the gear?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Yeah. Those can be good if you're AR and CtB is fine.
jimbo91
Skeleton
3 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I was wondering what makes Eth Steel Punisher better than a eth warp blade with talxis in it? The average dmg is the same, and with the xis you get a boosted bloodlust without having to rely on merc who dies too often.. Is the sentry summons and phys ress the only reason, or am I missing something?
keeper1l
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
I switched to Poison/cold and havent looked back, dont need fire unless doing bosses/ubers so if needed I switch back but just for general clearing and farming cold/poison is the way to go
willh
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
whats the difference between elemental and pysical setup
Theuberelite
Cultist
23 | 11
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Just wanted to note something on Samael -- he's doable on melee sorc. But the gear I need simply isn't available and I'm too busy with other stuff to continue probably.

This is with an Undead Crown + Lazarus Chest setup, no Perfect Sphere UMOs. 70% deadly strike. I even swapped to Wheel of Fortune to last longer in the arena. Cube full of moon cookies + potions dropped at the start for easy refilling of the belt. I had 16 Ambers socketed in my gear to hit 105% max lightning, and I only had an Angel Heart that was lotteried for my amulet.

With better gear, Perfect Spheres, etc my damage can go way up. This is after about 2 minutes. Also worth noting I'm still level 140, haven't gotten to 144 for another skill point.

Also worth noting I'm not used to the fight at all, and he spawned 3 wyrms pretty fast in this one which makes it way harder (thanks RNG...)

I tried to continue to practice dodging and this happened though:

The fight was over at that point (lockout had happened), but funny.

Gear:
Undead Crown (5x minion damage, 1x UMO with -life +dmg)
Angel Heart with lottery bonus
Lazarus Chest MO'ed with minion damage + weapon damage
Tainted craft belt for minion damage
Rogue Foresight MOed with minion damage + weapon damage
Crafted Spiked Shield (switched to Wheel of Fortune later)
Eth Steel Punisher with indestructible 2% dex jewel + 5 Xis runes (662 topend)
Wind Runner RW boots
Giant's Knuckle
Empyrean Glory (6%, sad days)

Sleep charm was with the JDay trophy for more deadly strike.

Wormhole was not even close to completed with dex cycles (only 125 requirement at the time).

I also used Chronofield as it mathed out to more DPS against samael (he has 50% physical resistance). Unfortunately he can't be slowed down though. Obviously don't use Chronofield for farming.

Also had the +24 bloodlust on offhand with TU4 ringmail for snapshotting high EWD from bloodlust.

I might try a couple more times but I don't think I can get the max res from perfect spheres at this point, but whatever.

Baal takes about 20-30 seconds with this gear depending on how much he wants to teleport around -- I've had fusillades do over 40% of his life before.

I could use one of the samael items to prebuff too, but that just feels like cheating when I haven't even killed him yet, lol.

Just wanted to post this to have it written down somewhere, in case anyone else is interested.
DJPaxo
Stone Warrior
31 | 3
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Deleted this post.
Edited by DJPaxo 5 years.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
If your defenses are good, then sure, why not?

I think it's the %CtC that stacks, but not 100% sure.
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
what's a good time to transition from the melee sorc set to a non set setup? it seems to be giving me quite a bit and i'm unsure when that transition would be a good idea.

I'm just reaching the 120 stuff, and duncraig kicks my ass. If i play around fussilade and kiting i can deal with most of the normal content. but once i need to tele past a wall It's just better to remake and kill the starting area again. so atm i'm currently farming the rest of my sigs in nihlathak and then try for perfect tran athulua charm/token