Xbow Necromancer

xardazzz
Destroyer
6 | 0
Hello,

thank you for this good guide! This playstyle is really awesome and it's make a lot of fun. But i have a Question. How can i kill some ubers with this build.

For Example: At the moment, i try to kill Quov Tsin (req 120). But again and again, he killed my xbow instantly. Has the xbow a better abilitie to avode some damage input (e. g. chainlightning)? What can i do to kill the ubers, begins to lvl requiment of 120.

Can you show us a video, how you kill the ubers? It would be awesome :)

For a better overview about my char (lvl 122), i posted my stats below. I try, to change all points into vit, but this isn't helpfull, because of my missing damage output. My resistance against elementary is maximal.

Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
xardazzz wrote:Hello,

thank you for this good guide! This playstyle is really awesome and it's make a lot of fun. But i have a Question. How can i kill some ubers with this build.

For Example: At the moment, i try to kill Quov Tsin (req 120). But again and again, he killed my xbow instantly. Has the xbow a better abilitie to avode some damage input (e. g. chainlightning)? What can i do to kill the ubers, begins to lvl requiment of 120.

Can you show us a video, how you kill the ubers? It would be awesome :)

QT is a gearcheck fight. You want as high max resist as possible (87+) and up to 150 flat damage reduced. This will let you tank the beam for a good while or even infinitely if high enough absorb/dmg reduced.
ruhtra
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Jampula wrote:That's how it's done, the only thing missing is lucky upgrade with Oil of Luck. :)
And if the craft rolls ~150ed I think it's better to bless with Intimidating. That Deadly Strike is powerful if you manage to get some from other items too.

MO's are really a matter of preference. I usually craft weapons for boss killing, so dmg and attack speed is top priority. AR is not important thanks to Visegrip (and aerial) in semi-long fights.

Thanks for the answer, indeed I forgot to add the oil of luck final upgrade, but that is because I got no stats from it (unlucky :( )
For the moment I use the same crossbow for all purpose, but definitely I will try to upgrade all this.

I have 3 questions :
- My weapon is currently doing something like 430-460 dmg + something like 200-250 fire dmg. Is it better to have this or something like 400-700 dmg, and no elemental on the side. I am guessing the second, since we are working on weapon dmg with widowmaker.

- I have a rare quiver that gives a ctc Cryo Beam on strike (8%), so there is quite a lot of them coming around when it's crowded. I like it, with the slow, makes me safer. In the wiki, I see there is a chance for it to deal 25K dmg, depending on the energy base lvl. Does it work with the proc ?

- My barbarian merc has Sharkbaiter armor, but the proc of bloodlust on Death Blow works only when he gives the death blow ? or also when I do ? because 1% is very low, and he doesn't kill a lot of things, mostly tanks. Anyway, I found a Shamanka with 16 to Bloodlust, so I am using it, until I get lucky with a Quarak

Thank you, I love this build, having plenty of fun with it. Currently 20K AR and 70K defence, but I have very little equipment.
I am playing SP by the way
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Common Guide Badge
ruhtra wrote:Thanks for the answer, indeed I forgot to add the oil of luck final upgrade, but that is because I got no stats from it (unlucky :( )
For the moment I use the same crossbow for all purpose, but definitely I will try to upgrade all this.

I have 3 questions :
- My weapon is currently doing something like 430-460 dmg + something like 200-250 fire dmg. Is it better to have this or something like 400-700 dmg, and no elemental on the side. I am guessing the second, since we are working on weapon dmg with widowmaker.

- I have a rare quiver that gives a ctc Cryo Beam on strike (8%), so there is quite a lot of them coming around when it's crowded. I like it, with the slow, makes me safer. In the wiki, I see there is a chance for it to deal 25K dmg, depending on the energy base lvl. Does it work with the proc ?

- My barbarian merc has Sharkbaiter armor, but the proc of bloodlust on Death Blow works only when he gives the death blow ? or also when I do ? because 1% is very low, and he doesn't kill a lot of things, mostly tanks. Anyway, I found a Shamanka with 16 to Bloodlust, so I am using it, until I get lucky with a Quarak

Thank you, I love this build, having plenty of fun with it. Currently 20K AR and 70K defence, but I have very little equipment.
I am playing SP by the way

1. Your guess is correct. While elemental damage isn't useless by any means, you really wanna have as high weapon damage on your weapon as possible.

2. Cryo beam is a decent proc. You can't make it deal a whole lot of damage cause we're not stacking energy/cold dmg/-enemy cold res, but it's still something. I'd suggest trying to find a quiver with Bear claw proc and trying it out too.

3. Procs on merc's equipment use the merc to proc, so merc needs to be the one to kill for Sharkbaiter to proc Bloodlust. Shamanka is a viable strat until you get Qarak's on him.
ragnarok911
Invader
9 | 0
Hit 120 a few days ago and trying to work on improving myself to take on the new tougher content. Looking for general gearing advice. I know there's room for MOs in a few places and been playing a SSF style, not that I'm against trading.

Currently trying to craft a xbow with higher damage. Happy with my AR around ~32k but I have AR on like all my jewels and xbow and ~100 pts in dex.

I have found a Shamanka but didn't know if Bloodlust was better than Dark Power buff?

https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=DankDaddy

I tried Duncraig yesterday and was able to get through and get Assur down but some of the teleports I just had to die and repeatedly grind down. My minions seem to fall over a lot in the 120 content. Teganze seemed really sketchy unless I was actively dodging most of the orbs and constantly re summoning. Haven't tried most of the other 120 ubers cause I fear they require better gear/specific gear.
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Common Guide Badge
ragnarok911 wrote:Hit 120 a few days ago and trying to work on improving myself to take on the new tougher content. Looking for general gearing advice. I know there's room for MOs in a few places and been playing a SSF style, not that I'm against trading.

Currently trying to craft a xbow with higher damage. Happy with my AR around ~32k but I have AR on like all my jewels and xbow and ~100 pts in dex.

I have found a Shamanka but didn't know if Bloodlust was better than Dark Power buff?

https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=DankDaddy

I tried Duncraig yesterday and was able to get through and get Assur down but some of the teleports I just had to die and repeatedly grind down. My minions seem to fall over a lot in the 120 content. Teganze seemed really sketchy unless I was actively dodging most of the orbs and constantly re summoning. Haven't tried most of the other 120 ubers cause I fear they require better gear/specific gear.

You gotta allow others to check out your characters as they're currently hidden.
willh
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
what gears would u craft on for shrines and runewords
ragnarok911
Invader
9 | 0
Moasseman wrote:
You gotta allow others to check out your characters as they're currently hidden.

Fixed
ruhtra
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
willh wrote:what gears would u craft on for shrines and runewords

Since you are not limited by the amount of force needed, qi would say always go for the higher defense. I did Erawan yesterday on ancient Armor, and Nephilim on Greaves. Gauntlets gloves too. Check this page for all the base item and always pick the one with most defense of each type. For xbow, stinger was said to be the best.
willh
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
so do I have to have a good amount of quivers there constantly running out