Owlbeast Miniguide Pog

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
tjd2018
Invader
9 | 0
So I got round to making the SharkXis... there must be some hidden mechanic I am not understanding...

I dont understand how it is so dramatically worse, based on the item stats I expected it to be lower but not that much lower. When I did a test removing my giants knuckle so losing 10-15 damage, it was dropping damage by around 50-75 (5 damage per 1 damage on item) so based on that I expected a drop of around 570 (114 * 5) on maximum character sheet damage. I even tested adding 1% crushing blow via an item to see if the crown was maybe by setting CB to -60 multiplying damage instead of subtracting but it didnt alter anything going from -60 to -59, I checked exact numbers in d2stats aswell.

I can only assume its the + to maximum damage not applying correctly, as when the SharkXis is in my bag it only shows 173 max damage, but when i equip it then it goes up to the 429.

I am confused lol, is the crown and plunderbird combo that broken in a hidden way?

Xunametra
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
tjd2018 wrote:I am confused lol, is the crown and plunderbird combo that broken in a hidden way?

I don't understand the mechanical reason why but the combo is known to be absurd for traprat specifically.

The sharkxis damage in inventory change is because of the character-scaling max damage mod.
skrig
Balrog
128 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
crown gives negates crushing blow or something like that, plunderbird makes that up as positive ewd.
rusty
Pit Knight
102 | 5
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
skrig wrote:crown gives negates crushing blow or something like that, plunderbird makes that up as positive ewd.

Pretty much exactly this, the deal no crushing blow aura from undead crown makes your CB go negative in value. Plunderbird does some whacky stuff when CB goes negative and actually gives you a positive net effect of -1% CB = +15% physical damage I believe.

Poe league starts today ill be quiet around these parts for a week or so.
Overtoxiic
Fallen
1 | 0
I don't know if I'm blind or not but I didn't see anything about how to MO the weapon I've just crafted one and I don't know what can be better after ED, (EWD, +Max Damage or maybe DS?)
skrig
Balrog
128 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
DS, leech...
Xtraordinary_U
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Got all my 120gear set. I'm just working on my merc..
I've got candle and his shark rdy, gunna grab a dyers, facebreaker, just wondering another alternative to liliths helm. Dont see many sell, just wondering a temp alternative

Btw loving this build. Was carrying public k3k runs. Hopefully be able to carry Dunc as well now that I'm 120
prowordz
Destroyer
6 | 0
Super budget would be Yul rw, maybe Royal Circlet, Metalhead or Idol of Rygnar if you have one of them.
hung9a91
Vampiress
39 | 0
So, by transition, you're saying that crafted gear is better than the sets?
JetJet
Abomination
149 | 0
why spike shield specifically to shrine?