Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
chickenfeeder wrote:
L H wrote:
chickenfeeder wrote:dont totems benefit from -enemy res?

Yes, as you see above in Pogchamp's comment. What do you mean by "don't they benefit"? Did I write a typo somewhere?

no i asked to clarify bc in ur guide i saw many pieces in the gear section which have fire pierce, I thought maybe u use funeral pyre sometimes but that skill was nerfed (lvl 24 to lv 1 skill iirc) and even in skillplan i didn't see that skill being focused.

chickenfeeder wrote:dont totems benefit from -enemy res?

First result from google please...

tbh i also dont know why ppl keep misunderstanding my comment. :lol:

I just don't understand why you're asking since pierce is mentioned very often for totems and funeral pyre, especially with the Jinn aura. FP is a utility skill, not often needed if you're teleporting around with totems, minions, and boneyard casts, but it's really great for single target and is one of the utilized skills for quite a few bosses. That's why you see so much fire pierce as a general focus. Cold pierce isn't really needed since the frost claw totems are so strong on their own. The little you get from charms and auras and maybe a gear piece of jewelry piece or two is more than enough to make it plenty strong enough.
Sarevok1985
Destroyer
7 | 0
Hello, I just wanted to say thank you for this guide,it helps me a lot for the first steps in this great mod with my first character. Have a good day
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Made some small changes at end of uber section concerning gear farming and added disclaimer at the introduction in advance of the new patch 1.1 update.
Shade
|
Is the build still as good in previous version (M2017 v1)?

I'm thinking of going to ladder and making this my first char - this or throw barb (as per aerial's posts). But I just want to check if these builds are still as good as they were in last patch (relative to other build/class choices).
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Shade wrote:Is the build still as good in previous version (M2017 v1)?

I'm thinking of going to ladder and making this my first char - this or throw barb (as per aerial's posts). But I just want to check if these builds are still as good as they were in last patch (relative to other build/class choices).

Yes. only the bosskiller skill (frostclaw totem) was nerfed a bit. But other than that the build is still 100% viable.
bageren
Prowler
17 | 0
Can you explain in detail how to avoid getting aggro? Every time i teleport I stop moving, yet 2/3 times I'm getting aggro anyway.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
bageren wrote:Can you explain in detail how to avoid getting aggro? Every time i teleport I stop moving, yet 2/3 times I'm getting aggro anyway.

1.) Depends on what attacks are coming in. Some attacks will hit the whole area or pierce through minions.

2.) Are you teleporting into a space where monsters aren't going to be right next to you immediately? Or are you teleporting right into melee range of an enemy?

3.) Also depends on what enemies you're going against. For example, the Lantern Archons in Khalimgrad will always go after you and ignore minions.
bageren
Prowler
17 | 0
L H wrote:
bageren wrote:Can you explain in detail how to avoid getting aggro? Every time i teleport I stop moving, yet 2/3 times I'm getting aggro anyway.

1.) Depends on what attacks are coming in. Some attacks will hit the whole area or pierce through minions.

2.) Are you teleporting into a space where monsters aren't going to be right next to you immediately? Or are you teleporting right into melee range of an enemy?

3.) Also depends on what enemies you're going against. For example, the Lantern Archons in Khalimgrad will always go after you and ignore minions.

Thanks!

Also, for the midgame gear I am currently trying to roll necro skills on my boots, but after 9 tries I didn't see it once. Is it no longer possible to get nec skills on boots, or have I just been unlucky and should keep trying?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
bageren wrote:Also, for the midgame gear I am currently trying to roll necro skills on my boots, but after 9 tries I didn't see it once. Is it no longer possible to get nec skills on boots, or have I just been unlucky and should keep trying?

It's possible. Perhaps you're not using boots with a high enough ilvl to roll the affix on. Where did you find the boots that you are using to craft? Anywhere past Terror Act 5 (including terror uberlevels) or anywhere on Destruction will give you the ilvl that you need.

You can also break the boots down to white (boots + catalyst of destruction + any rune), reroll them to make sure there are no sockets, then imbue them with the Charsi quest with a character that is lvl 95 or higher (Imbue recipe takes character level + 4 = item ilvl output).

You can see the Affix Table from the Docs here under the Wiki tab: https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes

For that specific stat, type "boots" in the "Found On" box, then type "necro" in the "search properties" box and you can see what you need.
bageren
Prowler
17 | 0
L H wrote:
bageren wrote:Also, for the midgame gear I am currently trying to roll necro skills on my boots, but after 9 tries I didn't see it once. Is it no longer possible to get nec skills on boots, or have I just been unlucky and should keep trying?

It's possible. Perhaps you're not using boots with a high enough ilvl to roll the affix on. Where did you find the boots that you are using to craft? Anywhere past Terror Act 5 (including terror uberlevels) or anywhere on Destruction will give you the ilvl that you need.

You can also break the boots down to white (boots + catalyst of destruction + any rune), reroll them to make sure there are no sockets, then imbue them with the Charsi quest with a character that is lvl 95 or higher (Imbue recipe takes character level + 4 = item ilvl output).

You can see the Affix Table from the Docs here under the Wiki tab: https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes

For that specific stat, type "boots" in the "Found On" box, then type "necro" in the "search properties" box and you can see what you need.

Ah, damn, I used rare amu and ring to get the ilvl to 1 to get space for more MO's. Didn't know it would affect the rolls. :( Guess I gotta try that charsi thing then! Thanks again.