Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
The reason for deathlord + death ward combo on HC is because once you get to 120 it makes the 3 main farming areas A LOT safer - namely k3k, TA & dcows. And yes the stat boost allows you to actually put your points into energy. If you think that on a hc caster you are just shift clicking your stats into energy, like on sc, you are very much mistaken, because you are actually undergeared compared to a sc counterpart. The minion life penalty is no big deal because after you bend the shadows, while your totems kill you have nothing else to do but buff & resummon.

Anyway it's just my preference, but I assure you if you actually tried farming with a totemancer on destruction hc you would very quickly spot the merits of the setup.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
good thing ive never played hc necro
50% is ridiculess penality and if ur minions for example die in TA ur fucked deathlord or not

strength is not really necessary on necromance, u can go full str and still have way more than enough damage, but it's just my preference, but I assure you if you actually tried farming with a totemancer on destruction hc you would very quickly spot the merits of the setup
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
well moral of the story is never call something "hc viable" just because you killed baal on normal with this build. this setup is joke for hc gameplay obviously. atleast you changed topic name now.

sc edition is very solid tho
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I have no idea why everyone assumes having 1000 def in dest as a totemancer is risky . I think having 10k hp shadows and 300k def is riskier, but opinions.

Lh called this HC friendly because in SC even with all the mindless rushing, facerolling and careless gameplay you still dont die.
I dont see why would anyone farm k3k or dcows for gear (and dcowing to 121 is faster on meele nec anyways).
Tran can be facerolled deathless with t1 honos and tu marrow/anc. And in hc youre not gonna teleport in front of a pack of hardliners anyways.

But everyone has preferences. If you want to trade -100 pierce and tanky minions to tank more slaps yourself, go for it. IMO its not worth, but if it fits your style...both builds are viable.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I'd actually partially agree with SB here for HC play style towards the end. The pierce is really nice, but we need to keep in mind that survivability > damage on HC for obvious reasons.

I included HC friendly because it is in fact one of the safer builds you could play through on HC and as you can see, ubers are still in progress, but a lot are pretty easily done without having to use a whole lot of brain power.

The avoid and tcd from deathward and stats/tcd from death lord morph are nice, but we would likely have to adjust gear up a little bit to benefit more greatly from the tcd and probably add some dr. Almost like a Melee necro hybrid to focus on minion life and spell damage. It would be kinda funky to imagine, but I can see why it's useful on HC.

Edit: removed HC from post title. Kept small disclaimer at introduction
Edited by Crash 7 years.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
Seekers wrote:I have no idea why everyone assumes having 1000 def in dest as a totemancer is risky . I think having 10k hp shadows and 300k def is riskier, but opinions.

Lh called this HC friendly because in SC even with all the mindless rushing, facerolling and careless gameplay you still dont die.
I dont see why would anyone farm k3k or dcows for gear (and dcowing to 121 is faster on meele nec anyways).
Tran can be facerolled deathless with t1 honos and tu marrow/anc. And in hc youre not gonna teleport in front of a pack of hardliners anyways.

But everyone has preferences. If you want to trade -100 pierce and tanky minions to tank more slaps yourself, go for it. IMO its not worth, but if it fits your style...both builds are viable.

well you are either trolling very well or just having 5 yo theoricrafting skills, bcs theres too much idiotism and bs in that short post. all that "opinion" crap is good only if you have no clue what are you talking about so in the end you can always say "oh thats just my 2 cents" lmao . sadly your 2 cents gonna die to cog pack on terror

1) no comment at 1 k def part, perfectly show your endless wisdom about HC
2) considering something being "viable" just because some1 had luck and made clean run ON A DIFFERENT GAME MODE is toptier deduction
3) melee nec over totem nec on hc (for cows)? k always a sober idea to respec from ranged char with 50 minions and insane amount of reanimates to melee guy with slow spearding aoe attack (ON HC, with low charms and bad gear). respect
4)if you were talking about normal tran then k, if you meant dest tran, then no comment again.
5) and prolly best part, as legacy pro hc player you shouldve known that relieing on minions to tank for you isnt smartest idea. because if you die in 2 hits it doesnt really matter, how many hp your minions do have. and actually theres more than enough skills/spells which gonna hit you no matter how many minions you have (sooner or later, with your suggestion very soon).

but thanks for your opinion
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
mahitovec wrote:
Seekers wrote:I have no idea why everyone assumes having 1000 def in dest as a totemancer is risky . I think having 10k hp shadows and 300k def is riskier, but opinions.

well you are either trolling very well or just having 5 yo theoricrafting skills, bcs theres too much idiotism and bs in that short post. all that "opion" crap is good only if you have no clue what are you talking about so in the end you can always say "oh thats just my 2 cents" lmao . sadly your 2 cents gonna die to cog pack on terror

1) no comment at 1 k def part, perfectly show your endless wisdom about HC
2) considering something being "viable" just because some1 had luck and made clean run ON A DIFFERENT GAME MODE is toptier deduction
3) melee nec over totem nec on hc (for cows)? k always a sober idea to respec from ranged char with 50 minions and insane amount of reanimates to melee guy with slow spearding aoe attack (ON HC, with low charms and bad gear). respect
4)if you were talking about normal tran then k, if you meant dest tran, then no comment again.
5) and prolly best party, as legacy pro hc player you shouldve known that relieing on minions to tank for you isnt smartest idea. because if you die in 2 hits it doesnt really matter, how many hp your minions do have. and actually theres more than enough skills/spells which gonna hit you no matter how many minions you have (sooner or later, with your suggestion very soon).

but thanks for your opinion

1) Fine, that was a BS statement, and SB made good points so yeah, I'm wrong in this. Happy?. As a btw, that wasnt 100% serious but I wrote it so I guess I can't take it back.
2) ''Luck''. Funny. You missed the point: I said that with this build you get deathless tran runs 95% of the time with absolute crap gear, even if you're being reckless and not giving a fuck about dying, so its safe to assume that if you play it like you play in HC (actually giving a fuck about dying) its perfectly viable. Obviously reading is hard.
3) You missed the point entirely, guess nn to read when you have to write edgy responses rite. So, lets make this so you can understand: Its not worth to do dcows as a totem nec IMO because drops are shit and it'll take forever to get to 121, that time is better spent on gearing a meele nec which is 10x faster.
4) Looks like dest tran is hard, apparently, guess HC tran is buffed and arrows only chase you and ignore minions. Game is hard.
5) Man I had no idea mobs dealt 10k dmg on HC. Tran arrowside doesn't go for you cuz minions, hardliner barrier strike shouldn't hit you if you stay back (like you fucking should in HC), and I'm not going to comment on arrows that pass thru 50 minions that are half a screen away from you (srsly, this sometimes happens but you just drink a potion... if you're getting hit a lot then its your mistake).

And who dies on terror as a TOTEM NEC in any place other than fauzt/suprise veteran? (And dont bring up vizjun/dunc/etc; because who the fuck does those on terror), maybe manglers or detonators + lag I guess, or Cogs in whatever fantasy patch you play.

Anyways ty for 1337 hc tips, I'll make sure to look out for the cogs.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
Seekers wrote:Tran arrowside doesn't go for you cuz minions,

#south america gaming :facepalm:

sucks to be braindamaged, like you :D Can i wonder how many hc characters did you have in your life? Having lessons about sex by virgin is always nice. That would be even funny abit if your words had atleast hints to sence

but its k as ive understood its impossible to die with this char so it would take you no effort to lvl one and make some tran runs with 1 k def and record video or even stream it?
annihilus5
Cog
249 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
After reading this argument... Image