Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Spinaker wrote:Hello L H,

Xazax
Following your points, I managed to kill him within an hour while being there for the first time (I m new to this diablo mod).
My advise for people trying this as well with Totemancer, would be to cast few minions every now and then, next to the boss but not on line necro --- boss. In this case, his spells will likly be targeting minions and usually not the hero, so it's easier to stay and cast stuff (at least thats what I did).
If the area gets too clunky, you can also just try luring mobs to one of the corners, dying there and then using either town portal set up previously in oposite corner or entering instance again, clearing lots of space.
I strongly disadvise teleporting forward if you know there are mobs nearby. Once they get hit - necromancer also gets hit (as whole company teleports with hero and spawn minions from boss have cleave atack). Combination of curse + hit from enemy spawns - and no The Creep will help in such a situation.

Yshari
This one also took me around an hour, the boss it is as I had to rerun few stages for the items.
I took many tips from HechtHeftig and his Summoner's guide as I was there for the very first time as, similar to Xazax. Big credit for him here.

Stage 1-4 were cake most of the time, few tips from my point of view:

Using Pestilience while teleporting into group of mobs (as I was forced to do many times) was helpful in speeding up the clear.
Stage 1 boss: Howling totem + Bane and tp on Lich
Stage 3 boss: Same as above. For chimeras I also advise using Howling totem + Bane to make it quicker.
Stage 5 boss: I used hint from HechtHeftig again, spaming Venomus spirit from RW Santa on Baal so he couldn't regenerate. Howling totem here was also helpful. When boss starts to freeze ally minions, just resummon few of them every once in a while, on the top of the boss between spaming spirit. For the stage itself - preferably 1/2 : 4/5 fire/frost totems, as many mobs are immune to fire here.

Velthek wasn't hard - just a bit annoying but also enjoyable after a while of practise and understanding the mechanics. I couldn't follow the advice you gave me L H, and simply tried the one i watched from XIV version I think (aka run forest).
(Charm unfortunatelly without sk this time)
Edit: 2nd kill rolled sk on it :)

Fauztinville
I haven't seen you yet mentioning it here. It's a bit like Tojara in my opinion for Totemancer. If you position yourself correctly, spam mobs on the top of necrobots - so their focus goes away from necromancer (also tip taken from HechtHeftig's guide) - and use Boneyard, basically turns farming this place into a piece of cake. Pestilience was useful on few occasions while teleporting around and clearing mobs which were immune to fire/cold/lightning in addition to Boneyard.

Hey man, how did you do Yshari mephisto? He's immune to everything but physical/magic so I'm really lost as to how I should handle him with a totemancer. Yes, bane could amplify physical damage, but from which source? I tried spamming summons in front of him and he spammed veil kings back. KInda stuck there.
Spinaker
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
Howlinng totem gives whole party Crushing blow chance and huge dmg burst. You can also use Ghal runeword in stave - Stanta compana and spam that venomus spirit on mephisto so he is not healing at all. But honestly, if you get your minions up, tp on the top of the boss with howling totem and cast bane - he should poof.
Potatoes
Invader
9 | 1
Does venomus spirit work like OW?
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Spinaker wrote:Howlinng totem gives whole party Crushing blow chance and huge dmg burst. You can also use Ghal runeword in stave - Stanta compana and spam that venomus spirit on mephisto so he is not healing at all. But honestly, if you get your minions up, tp on the top of the boss with howling totem and cast bane - he should poof.

So basically I just BtS on top of him and that should do it?
Spinaker
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
ScarletEdge wrote:
Spinaker wrote:Howlinng totem gives whole party Crushing blow chance and huge dmg burst. You can also use Ghal runeword in stave - Stanta compana and spam that venomus spirit on mephisto so he is not healing at all. But honestly, if you get your minions up, tp on the top of the boss with howling totem and cast bane - he should poof.

Did for me but ofc depends on gear too. Also Physical dmg dealing merc type (like in HechtHeftig's Summoner guide - act1) is a huge plus on this fight.
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Spinaker wrote:
ScarletEdge wrote:

Did for me but ofc depends on gear too. Also Physical dmg dealing merc type (like in HechtHeftig's Summoner guide - act1) is a huge plus on this fight.

I have santa compana and I've already respecced halfway into Hech's build by using an A1 merc just for this uber, might as well try it. Thanks man
Spinaker
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
ScarletEdge wrote:I have santa compana and I've already respecced halfway into Hech's build by using an A1 merc just for this uber, might as well try it. Thanks man

I'm glad i could be of help. Respecing for certain boss is something comon. For example getting Jinn on Assur in Duncraig lets you do the boss almost being afk (still have to hit purify ofc) while Death Ward is way better to avoid dmg while trying to get charm from Vizjun. Just get used to it and many fights will be way easier.
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Spinaker wrote:
ScarletEdge wrote:I have santa compana and I've already respecced halfway into Hech's build by using an A1 merc just for this uber, might as well try it. Thanks man

I'm glad i could be of help. Respecing for certain boss is something comon. For example getting Jinn on Assur in Duncraig lets you do the boss almost being afk (still have to hit purify ofc) while Death Ward is way better to avoid dmg while trying to get charm from Vizjun. Just get used to it and many fights will be way easier.

Oh man, I tried blinking right next to him and it still didn't go well. His regen is too high, and I've only managed to get 50%OW on my merc. Long story short I still couldn't kill him, but it was close. I guess I'll stop here for now. Tho if you could spare the time, do you mind showing me how you did it? Would really appreciate that.
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Oh hey, I finally killed Yshari Mephisto. I did it by using Venomous Spirit oskill from
Santa Compana
then respeccing and smaxing Howling Totem for crushing blow, but it's also possible with only 1 point in it.

So basically I did it by clearing the arena without luring Mephisto. If even one of your summons come into contact with him he will start summoning Veil Kings and that's what we're trying to avoid. This can be done by keeping a small army and moving around the walls so you only lure the minibosses. Kill them and go back to the entrance, again without luring Mephisto. Next thing is I set my tp in a safe place, summon my full army, buff everything with Burning Veil and charge straight into Mephisto. You have to make sure your minions don't overtake you so you can cast your spells before he does anything. One you're close to melee range, hit him with Venomous spirit once, cast blink or in my case Jitan's Gate to teleport your entire army into your position, step away and then go back to spamming Venomous Spirits. If you do it right and he engages your minions in melee for a few seconds before summoning Veil Kings, he should go down quite fast, depending if CB hits.

For anyone having the same problem as me, hope this helps!
LewisD
Invader
8 | 0
pros over summoner build?