Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jeffshadows04 wrote:hello im new here and i tried my necro as full totem with deathlord necro, is this good?

You get a minion hp penalty (used to be listed in the skill icon, but not in current patch even though it's still penalizing).

It's really great for str and dex requirements and defense too, especially for hardcore gameplay. I never used it myself besides some light testing because I was never really getting hit often enough through the minions to need to worry about it much. It's a personal choice, really.

Robotak wrote:Hello, i have one question. The Creep runeword is only for ladder(multiplayer)? Im playing single and it seems i cant make it work. Thanks for reply.

Yes as Necroglycerin said, it's a Realm Only rune word. Stick to a nice craft if you're looking for an alternative.
Deep Water (Xis)
is a great option too if you're Lvl 121. You'll lose pierce from a crafted staff, and some of the minion hp can be made up with crafted jewels (up to 20% per jewel amongst other stats).

Robotak wrote:Is there any alternative except lazarus set for singleplayer? Zodiac runeword looks nice to me :)

See above for weapons alternative. Otherwise, upgrade your crafts in armor slots. You'll be good to go.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I'm curious about IOTSS, gonna try that uberlevel now but I don't know what to expect yet. I have noticed in Terror it can be quite hard because you need to get close to the first boss, but he shoots these deadly autoaiming bolts..

Nvm, IOTSS is impossible. Pierce galore. Can't walk 3 feet without getting pierced to death. Respec is probably needed but I don't have the gear yet for another necro build so I'll do my business elsewhere.

I'm also having some trouble with figuring out how to set the shortcut keys for each skill, I am running out of keys with all the summons and buffs :D

2nd, Bremmtown, undoable, I have done all challenges, tokens, dogma's, about 10 charms so far but when I use BtS they always hit me first even though I don't walk off. My gear check is passed and my playstyle is correct for that uberlevel?
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I found IOTSS to be pretty easy with the Nec (summoner though), bts near malic, get some dmg on him, bts back, wait till his bullshit is gone, rinse, repeat, profit.
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Muilpeer wrote:Nvm, IOTSS is impossible. Pierce galore. Can't walk 3 feet without getting pierced to death. Respec is probably needed but I don't have the gear yet for another necro build so I'll do my business elsewhere.

I don't think you need to respec for this. Island of Sunless Sea is very doable with summoner necro. Just make sure to always have a full army and make sure your merc is well equipped. BtS even into crowded area and move away from the pierce. You have enough hp to tank a few or so hits. Just don't take them all.

Muilpeer wrote:2nd, Bremmtown, undoable, I have done all challenges, tokens, dogma's, about 10 charms so far but when I use BtS they always hit me first even though I don't walk off. My gear check is passed and my playstyle is correct for that uberlevel?

Don't use BtS for Bremmtown. Respect to max funeral pyre damage. What you do is go in with full army, every few steps spam some Rampagors in front of you then when they pounce on it hit them with funeral pyre, after casting a few move forward because they will die anyway with FP's 5 second duration. It works but you have to be fast. Walk, summon rampagor, funeral pyre, repeat. As for the dragon, just dodge the first beam it fires then spam FP, should go down fast.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
ScarletEdge wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:Nvm, IOTSS is impossible. Pierce galore. Can't walk 3 feet without getting pierced to death. Respec is probably needed but I don't have the gear yet for another necro build so I'll do my business elsewhere.

I don't think you need to respec for this. Island of Sunless Sea is very doable with summoner necro. Just make sure to always have a full army and make sure your merc is well equipped. BtS even into crowded area and move away from the pierce. You have enough hp to tank a few or so hits. Just don't take them all.

Muilpeer wrote:2nd, Bremmtown, undoable, I have done all challenges, tokens, dogma's, about 10 charms so far but when I use BtS they always hit me first even though I don't walk off. My gear check is passed and my playstyle is correct for that uberlevel?

Don't use BtS for Bremmtown. Respect to max funeral pyre damage. What you do is go in with full army, every few steps spam some Rampagors in front of you then when they pounce on it hit them with funeral pyre, after casting a few move forward because they will die anyway with FP's 5 second duration. It works but you have to be fast. Walk, summon rampagor, funeral pyre, repeat. As for the dragon, just dodge the first beam it fires then spam FP, should go down fast.

No need to use funeral pyre and walk. You can do it just fine with bts. Just make sure to have skilled death ward, teleport, spam boneyard until everything is dead, then teleport further. I did it with my summoner necro in a bit more than 2 minutes.

There's a video of me doing it in my dr. Strangebuff guide.
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:No need to use funeral pyre and walk. You can do it just fine with bts. Just make sure to have skilled death ward, teleport, spam boneyard until everything is dead, then teleport further. I did it with my summoner necro in a bit more than 2 minutes.

I'm not sure what I did wrong because that didn't seem to work for me. Like Muilpeer said I still got hit even when I was crowded with summons and didn't move. Weird. Well whatever works :D
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
ScarletEdge wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:No need to use funeral pyre and walk. You can do it just fine with bts. Just make sure to have skilled death ward, teleport, spam boneyard until everything is dead, then teleport further. I did it with my summoner necro in a bit more than 2 minutes.

I'm not sure what I did wrong because that didn't seem to work for me. Like Muilpeer said I still got hit even when I was crowded with summons and didn't move. Weird. Well whatever works :D

Well it was really easy. But I had most charms at that point and my endgame gear. I think that skill was lvl 34-35 or something like that with 1 point invested.
I was hit a couple of times as well, but since boneyard did 10 k damage, it brought the enemies into hit recovery fast so I wasn't hit that often. I had about 200 k defense.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Iotss is very easy. Just use boneyard offscreen. If you don't know the map layout, use the map reveal and you'll be able to see that there are very narrow paths that the enemies can walk down, so aim your boneyards down the path ahead of you and it'll be easier. For Malic, all you need to do is keep summoning minions ahead of you offscreen until you can see that the missiles aren't targeting you anymore. Once that happens, you can move forward (don't need to use teleport if you don't want to) and let your army swarm. Then, you can just casually hang back and spam funeral pyre til he dies.

Lucion is a bit trickier since he can "float". Make sure you kill him on a walkable area and not over the water or else he won't drop his items/charm. If you get closer and see that he is fire immune, then aim your boneyard at an enemy right next to him (the enemies are invulnerable while he is alive, so hit them with the boneyard and let the nova explosion damage Lucion). Your other easier option is to slowly lure more enemies up and right away from Lucion to help reduce the density of the attacks while they're invulnerable. Just lure them out of the shield range and pick them off as needed.

Bremmtown (didn't get a video, I apologize), do not use your totems. You don't need to and you won't teleport here so there's no reason to have them. Summon any minion ahead of you around the edge of the screen, step up enough to trigger the spirits to pounce onto your minion, then funeral pyre til that packs dies. The width on FP is enough to cover the pack, so it should go quick. Repeat that all the way down left and then down right.

When you get near the bottom where the dragon is, hug the upper wall. Sometimes he will shoot a death spiral before you see him and before he comes around the corner, so it can reach at an angle up the path, but hugging the wall will allow you to stay safe. Once you can see the corner bend, summon some minions there, wait til he's visible and blast him with FP. TP to town and cube with the arcane Crystal.

Note that even if you kill the dragon outside of three minutes, you'll still get swirls, so if you find that you have swirls but the cube recipe doesn't work, you were just too slow. Before entering, it's not necessary, but if you want, type in /time 185

That command will set a timer in blue text in the game for 3 minutes and 5 seconds (uses the number in seconds for the command). That gives you five seconds to enter and begin, then three minutes to get the dragon killed. You'll only see the timer notification again when the timer expires, so as long as you kill the dragon and get swirls before you see that notification, you're good to go for cubing.
Spinaker
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
L H wrote:
Bremmtown (didn't get a video, I apologize), do not use your totems. You don't need to and you won't teleport here so there's no reason to have them.

You can summon totems and blink if you do it carefuly - saves a lot of time. Some additional helpful things: Pestilience, Lightning Arena, Death ward (as already mentioned by Hech), Act 3 merc is amazing there too, especially with %blink on dmg.

Took me ~2min at max, just use above, spam Boneyard, tp / move a bit and repeat. All the summons, spells (mainly boneyard ofc) and your merc should make sure that enemy FHR is triggered and before they recover - should be dead.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Okay, Sunless is done, now trying Bremmtown. Soon will try Lillith too. BPR also worked very well!!! :)

Edit: CFM completed! Was kind of a pain, isn't Rathma's Chosen better to use in here?

I'll try Bremmtown later O-)