Melee Sorceress [1.3]

igilmus
Invader
9 | 0
Fumbles wrote:
igilmus wrote:How much FHR do i need to hit the 4 fpa Break point?

You can find it in the section of the guide labeled "breakpoints".

I can't find the break point for 4 fpa. The guide says I should aim for 4 fpa.

In the break point section it says:

5/11/20/35/60/109/280 (3 fpa)

From that i get that 280 FHR = 3 fpa
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Yep. Now just work backwards. 109=4, 60=5 etc.
igilmus
Invader
9 | 0
Fumbles wrote:Yep. Now just work backwards. 109=4, 60=5 etc.

Now i get it, Thx!

So will i do fine with 5 fpa IAS and 4 fpa FHR or is it worth it to aim for 4 fpa IAS and 3 fpa FHR? Just wondering :)
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
It looks like 5 frames is the cap for attacks, according to the guide. Not sure where you are in the game progress wise but 4 frames for fhr should be fine. 280 is a lot and likely only an end game goal, if at all. I haven't looked at the gear/socket fillers but jewels can roll 15% so if the build uses a lot of them it shouldn't be difficult to hit eventually.
igilmus
Invader
9 | 0
Okay, thank you for the answers :)
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Can anyone explain the reason to max dexterity and leave the other stats?

Is it only to buff defense?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Tanin wrote:Can anyone explain the reason to max dexterity and leave the other stats?

First of all, Sorceress crystal swords have a dexterity bonus. That means; the more points you put into dex, the more damage you dish out.
Dexterity also gives you maxblock with enough investment and you probably never have to worry about hitting enemies.

Energy wouldn't add much, Strength would neither. As for Vita.... Sorc gains 2 HP per point put into vita. Compare that to Barb and Pala, who each get 3 HP or a necromancer, who can boost his 1 HP per vita point by over 150%, and you'll notice it's not really worth it.
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
HechtHeftig wrote:
Tanin wrote:Can anyone explain the reason to max dexterity and leave the other stats?

First of all, Sorceress crystal swords have a dexterity bonus. That means; the more points you put into dex, the more damage you dish out.
Dexterity also gives you maxblock with enough investment and you probably never have to worry about hitting enemies.

Energy wouldn't add much, Strength would neither. As for Vita.... Sorc gains 2 HP per point put into vita. Compare that to Barb and Pala, who each get 3 HP or a necromancer, who can boost his 1 HP per vita point by over 150%, and you'll notice it's not really worth it.

Dex contributes to damage, surprising and good to know.
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Does this build benefits from x% to life/mana leech?

If so, what would be better life/mana on hit or leech?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Tanin wrote:Does this build benefits from x% to life/mana leech?

If so, what would be better life/mana on hit or leech?

Yes. Most melee builds can use Life Leech (LL), Life on Attack (LoA), and Life After Each Kill (LaeK).

LoA is generally gonna be better b/c of your high attack speed. But you also have a lot of missiles flying around from your attacks, so having some LL as a supplement is a good idea (which is why I recommend crafting jewels with Ber Runes when you get to that stage).

It seems like you're having some trouble with your Sorc. Here are a few generally applicable tricks to keep in mind when playing Melee Sorcs (these apply whether you're playing Chuck's Xena or Queen of Pain builds, or my build):
> Melee Sorcs are not tanks. They're closer to the traditional Rogue class in many RPGs.
> They have different playstyles depending on which Elemental tree combo you're using.
> You'll need to use different tactics in different situations (tanking, hit-and-run, flanking, etc.).
> Don't focus too much on maxing a single defensive mods. Instead, layer a bunch of different defensive mods in more modest amounts.
> Summons make excellent distractions when planted in the middle of a mob.
> Force Blast is incredibly useful in tough situations, especially against hard-hitting rangers.