Melee Sorceress [1.3]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Solfege
Fireblood
964 | 133
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Tanin wrote:I am at the end game skills allocation and after putting all points according to suggestion I still have 21 points.

Where should they go?

Ideally, you'd want to hold them until after you get the
Legacy of Blood
Legacy of Blood
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 120
(2 to 4)% Mana stolen per Hit
(2 to 4)% Life stolen per Hit
Maximum Skill Level Increased by 2

and
Moon of the Spider
Moon of the Spider
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 120
+(21 to 25) Energy Factor to Spell Damage
+1 to Jitan's Gate
Maximum Skill Level Increased by 1
Half Freeze Duration

Charms, and after doing the CFM upgrade in Toraja. Each of these Charms/upgrades will let you put more points into your skills. If you're having trouble though, feel free to put a few points into Blade Spirits to boost their survivability.
Tanin
Thunder Beetle
59 | 0
When wearing The Mysteries, do I have to cast Moon Queen?
Solfege
Fireblood
964 | 133
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Nope. It's a passive buff.
sircakes_
Skeleton
3 | 0
I don't have any questions right now, I just wanted to say thanks for the guide!
La_minore
Stone Warrior
33 | 1
Uldyssian is the definition of cowardice, sacrificing countless Edyrems so he can live, spamming invincibility, running away like an insect. I got him a ticket to the abyss. No wonder his sword is garbage too. Well, I will rest for a long while before attempting again.

Solfege
Fireblood
964 | 133
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
sircakes_ wrote:I don't have any questions right now, I just wanted to say thanks for the guide!

Np. If you do have questions, feel free to ask.

La_minore wrote:Uldyssian is the definition of cowardice, sacrificing countless Edyrems so he can live, spamming invincibility, running away like an insect. I got him a ticket to the abyss. No wonder his sword is garbage too. Well, I will rest for a long while before attempting again.

► Show Spoiler

Not sure if gg or rip is the appropriate response here.
inori92
Fallen
1 | 0
hey, i followed your guide and luckily just found my witchblade recently.

the melee sorceress is without doubt very powerful, but i am still having trouble farming dunc and toraja easily, maybe my assumption that i should be very hard to kill is wrong but dunc doesn't feel like efficient farm, and i don't particularly feel like i can stack mf in my sockets without losing too much (running 70 mf with your "general" endgame setup with the full set, hit ias/fhr breakpoints), i could be wrong though.

should this build be able to handle fauzt / dunc / tojara with ease? tojara mobs are just hard to kill because of melee status, and dunc just feels like a nightmare as the mobs still do a ton of dmg through the DR, not to mention the barrels.

also im on single player. i would like to ideally farm in /player 3 / 5 / 7, i have most of the blue difficulty ubers, but every red zone i step in feels too hard, and i feel like im at a wall trying to get the Auhe rune so i can make the Nero belt.

what / how would you recommend i progress from here, to clearing red difficulty ubers / farming for my SSU / SSSU endgames?
Solfege
Fireblood
964 | 133
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
inori92 wrote:hey, i followed your guide and luckily just found my witchblade recently.

the melee sorceress is without doubt very powerful, but i am still having trouble farming dunc and toraja easily, maybe my assumption that i should be very hard to kill is wrong but dunc doesn't feel like efficient farm, and i don't particularly feel like i can stack mf in my sockets without losing too much (running 70 mf with your "general" endgame setup with the full set, hit ias/fhr breakpoints), i could be wrong though.

should this build be able to handle fauzt / dunc / tojara with ease? tojara mobs are just hard to kill because of melee status, and dunc just feels like a nightmare as the mobs still do a ton of dmg through the DR, not to mention the barrels.

also im on single player. i would like to ideally farm in /player 3 / 5 / 7, i have most of the blue difficulty ubers, but every red zone i step in feels too hard, and i feel like im at a wall trying to get the Auhe rune so i can make the Nero belt.

what / how would you recommend i progress from here, to clearing red difficulty ubers / farming for my SSU / SSSU endgames?

First, I'd recommend following the End-Game progression as I laid it out. I tried to design it so each task you complete will help your chances of completing the next task.

Second, I'm curious why you're attempting to farm Dunc. Unless you have all the recommended gear+SoL+Charm+Trophies up to and including End-Game Part II (pre Corrupted Abbey), you shouldn't even be setting foot in there, let alone trying to farm it.

By the time you get to the Corrupted Abbey for the first time, you're only there to get the Charm, nothing more. You can come back later after you've eaten more SoL and try to farm Dunc + the first area of the Abbey if you want. I don't recommend going beyond that, though. Since too many of your skills share a CD timer, and you don't have timerless telport, it's not very efficient.

As for Toraja, you shouldn't have a problem surviving if you keep Celebrants debuffed with Force Blast. It's just a supremely annoying area. The biggest headache with farming it is setting up the field. Just kill enough of the Celebrants so you can farm Morlu without them interfering. After that, it's just hours of boring grinding until an Auhe Rune drops.

There's no reason to ever farm Fauzt, imo.