Pit Knight
104 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
The guide is just what the guide creator has found best for them. The ab craft will be mainly for stats to help with atr and block and def. There is nothing wrong with you doing your own thing. Trying and seeing if it works for fails. If it works share with all here what you created and gives others an option what to use.
I use shark warp and it works very well. But am sure there is something else out there better. It's trying and testing
I'm the set works perfect. Instead of vith belt use gjal belt with set. Still got max block max Dr Nice def and tones of damage and rainbow damage. It's what's best for you =)
thedarkbobo
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
@Solfege - thanks for the reply, I took a break from it trying Tree druid, but comparing both melee Sorc has much better targeting for farming than thorns :)
For single target it seemed similar in terms of firepower.

Now just after I switched I traded sorc Rebel armor so coming back to sorc again I think it will be really strong and block capped. Tree was also not epic for cows, not trying bow yet - on P1 would do but for P8 need more firepower...Have some ideas to check how fast tree/wolf can swing with wildfire/harbringer on fast weapons mo'ed and Sha'd - might be usefull.

We had a sorc cow runner and she was fine on P8, but of course not safest for all.
As you said - the narrow gear choices mostly make it hard to think of changes - maybe some umo projects like Warbringer/Vizjun's Ball Bearing could prove usefull ;)
As I tend to run from char to char - making Shark or Dawn in a crystal sword could be good in terms dex barb/wolf druid could use it later on as well. Even that damage is bit lower you win on IAS needed for fast attacks.

(on a side note I wonder if tree/wolf/barb can go below 5fpa with crystal sword (or tree with 1h axe - tested 155 wIAS on hand axe - seems to be around 4/5fpa but wildfire is not that good to use it)? I've read some topics around on forum but didn't see definite answer
Edited by thedarkbobo 5 years.
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
I found this
Starhawk
Starhawk
Warp Blade (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 49 to 86
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 400
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
Innate Tri-Elemental Damage:
(45.0% of Dexterity)
Area Effect Attack
25% Chance to cast level 50 Magic Missiles on Melee Attack
+(3 to 5) to Sorceress Skill Levels
50% Attack Speed
Adds 400-500 Magic Damage
-(25 to 35)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
10% Chance to Avoid Damage
Socketed (6)
and now i'm having mana issue because i can't leech mana properly

Any suggestion ? No mana pots please, it's useless
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Stereox wrote:Any suggestion ?
mana on attack , mana after kill
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Stereox wrote:Any suggestion ?
mana on attack , mana after kill

Mana after kill source ?
IVIike
Pit Knight
104 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
The Amu suggested has mana after kill
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Engersion wrote:Regarding crafting:
Is it important to craft the Warp Blade with an Abandoned shrine? I'm thinking about Weird shrine or Intimidating since we seem to have an abundance of attack rating and dexterity compared to deadly strike or just flat weapon damage.

Also, what do you think about chance to cast Flamefront on striking versus Balefire on melee attack? I just got one for my sorc and it seems a pretty solid option when you consider it can be triggered by the projectiles from fusillade.

Don't forget that DEX directly affects damage, as well as CtB and ACD, so you can never have too much. Going with a straight Weird or Intimidating craft is ok-ish, but I've found Abandoned is more versatile. That said, you have a lot more leeway when choosing a Shrine for blessings. Weird, Intimidating, Abandoned, or Creepy are all decent options there.

As far as weapon procs, what you get isn't really a big deal. It's just more supplemental damage. I prefer Balefire b/c it does decent damage w/o needing other mods to make it decent. Flamefront would be my second choice, though. It won't do amazing damage, but it can proc a lot and has a long range.

IVIike wrote:The guide is just what the guide creator has found best for them. The ab craft will be mainly for stats to help with atr and block and def. There is nothing wrong with you doing your own thing. Trying and seeing if it works for fails. If it works share with all here what you created and gives others an option what to use.
I use shark warp and it works very well. But am sure there is something else out there better. It's trying and testing
I'm the set works perfect. Instead of vith belt use gjal belt with set. Still got max block max Dr Nice def and tones of damage and rainbow damage. It's what's best for you =)

Exactly right.

And Ghal belt is an interesting suggestion. Flat attributes, more res, and some damage diversity. Good call.

thedarkbobo wrote:@Solfege - thanks for the reply, I took a break from it trying Tree druid, but comparing both melee Sorc has much better targeting for farming than thorns :)
For single target it seemed similar in terms of firepower.

Now just after I switched I traded sorc Rebel armor so coming back to sorc again I think it will be really strong and block capped. Tree was also not epic for cows, not trying bow yet - on P1 would do but for P8 need more firepower...Have some ideas to check how fast tree/wolf can swing with wildfire/harbringer on fast weapons mo'ed and Sha'd - might be usefull.

We had a sorc cow runner and she was fine on P8, but of course not safest for all.
As you said - the narrow gear choices mostly make it hard to think of changes - maybe some umo projects like Warbringer/Vizjun's Ball Bearing could prove usefull ;)
As I tend to run from char to char - making Shark or Dawn in a crystal sword could be good in terms dex barb/wolf druid could use it later on as well. Even that damage is bit lower you win on IAS needed for fast attacks.

(on a side note I wonder if tree/wolf/barb can go below 5fpa with crystal sword (or tree with 1h axe - tested 155 wIAS on hand axe - seems to be around 4/5fpa but wildfire is not that good to use it)? I've read some topics around on forum but didn't see definite answer

2x
Vizjun's Ball Bearing
Vizjun's Ball Bearing
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
2% Deadly Strike
+25 to Dexterity
+10 Required Level
on a craft is pretty good. Haven't done much tinkering with
Warbringer
Warbringer
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
3% Chance to cast level 5 Arrow on Striking
Adds 3-4 Damage
+10 Required Level
, though. Max Damage is always welcome. And people seem to love CtC Arrow on Striking.
Crystal of Tears
Crystal of Tears
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
Adds 3-6 Damage
+10 Required Level
is another good UMO to look at, but that Life loss per orb may be a hard sell for builds using Life as a defensive mod. It sucks that UMOs are so damn rare.

And I'm not really a fan of Sorcs using Crystal Swords instead of Warp Blades (except for very specific builds). It's true, they're slightly faster, and I can see the appeal of having a good weapon that can be used on multiple characters. But for Sorcs, their DEX to Damage bonus is smaller, and you lose the AoE native to Warp Blades.

And IDK jack about Druids. Tkorpi (Wolf) or Fumbles (Tree) would probably be good people to talk to about BPs. Or even Chuck.

Stereox wrote:I found this
Starhawk
Starhawk
Warp Blade (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 49 to 86
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 400
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
Innate Tri-Elemental Damage:
(45.0% of Dexterity)
Area Effect Attack
25% Chance to cast level 50 Magic Missiles on Melee Attack
+(3 to 5) to Sorceress Skill Levels
50% Attack Speed
Adds 400-500 Magic Damage
-(25 to 35)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
10% Chance to Avoid Damage
Socketed (6)
and now i'm having mana issue because i can't leech mana properly

Any suggestion ? No mana pots please, it's useless

Start by equipping a
Teganze Pendant
Teganze Pendant
Amulet

Required Level: 60
Item Level: 70
+1 to All Skills
+10% to Fire Spell Damage
+10% to Lightning Spell Damage
+10% to Cold Spell Damage
Maximum Life +(3 to 5)%
Maximum Mana +(20 to 30)%
Elemental Resists +10%
+(13 to 38) Mana after each Kill
. If that's not enough, use some Mana Regen orbs on your jewelry. If that's still not enough, put one or two MoA orbs on your weapon.
Engersion
Sasquatch
65 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Solfege wrote:As far as weapon procs, what you get isn't really a big deal. It's just more supplemental damage. I prefer Balefire b/c it does decent damage w/o needing other mods to make it decent. Flamefront would be my second choice, though. It won't do amazing damage, but it can proc a lot and has a long range.

That's true. I was mostly thinking of ways to deal with situations when you can't melee your target and fusillade can't reliably target the boss. Although with the lack of investment into synergies flamefront probably won't be too effective either.

Speaking of, what do you think can be adjusted to give us a reliable single target attack outside of fusillade
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
Solfege wrote:
Start by equipping a
Teganze Pendant
Teganze Pendant
Amulet

+1 to All Skills
Maximum Life +(3 to 5)%
Elemental Resists +10%
. If that's not enough, use some Mana Regen orbs on your jewelry. If that's still not enough, put one or two MoA orbs on your weapon.

Still not quite enough, i mean i'm not comfortable with non full mana bar :D
But that helps. BTW i level bladestorm to get at least 60% magic conversion because i use crafted Warp Blade beforehand
thedarkbobo
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Stereox wrote:
Solfege wrote:
Start by equipping a
Teganze Pendant
Teganze Pendant
Amulet

+1 to All Skills
Maximum Life +(3 to 5)%
Elemental Resists +10%

Still not quite enough, i mean i'm not comfortable with non full mana bar :D
But that helps. BTW i level bladestorm to get at least 60% magic conversion because i use crafted Warp Blade beforehand

That I also understand - I've tried similar idea but in the end came back to 1 or few pointers, because there are other skills to dump points into, even leveled Familiar once - as per bonus points you get more def from Baneblade and if lighting - from Warp armor, so it was a way for additional +5-6 skills to all. Well actually all skills that benefit from soft point benefit from this one....You could calculate(check) 1% conversion per hard point in Bladestorm(+bonus magic dmg) vs investing in Familiar in terms of dmg/safety output per this investment.