Melee Sorceress [1.3]

tloppyland
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
The Old Melee sorc build u made was better than than this since it offers more defense adn its also noob friendly so i think u should change it back?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I agree the old build was more noob-friendly. It's higher Armor Class Defense made it better suited to a more casual playstyle. But the new patch made a significant change to Ice Elementals, so I needed to adapt the build to fit this change.

This new build still has good survivability, despite a lack of ACD. It just uses different layers of defense and requires a more aggressive playstyle. You can still use the old Lightning/Cold spec in this patch if you like. The gear lists are still basically the same.

I also keep all the old versions of my guides saved as .odt files. I suppose I could reformat them and upload them as Google docs.
MoreOliveOil
Imp
5 | 1
Be proud of me senpai.

Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Achievement acknowledged. Well done, kouhai.
MoreOliveOil
Imp
5 | 1
Kouhai also did upgrade with ease, thank you Starhawk :hammer:

Astrogha is still true despair for Kouhai though.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Astrogha is a supreme pita. All of a Sorc's melee skills are all terrible against him, and the few melee oskills you actually have access to as a Sorc suck worse than Main Attack. You'll either just have to suicide-run the fucker or use Hailstorm. I don't have a better way, and neither option works well.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
My best bet for Astro is
Galeona's Lash
Galeona's Lash
Jared's Stone (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (189 - 240) to (312 - 399)
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 242
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
+1% Deadly Strike Per Firedance Base Level
40% Chance to cast level 1 Ancients' Hand on Melee Attack
Adds (85 to 120)-(201 to 270) Damage
+(160 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(1001 to 10000) Defense
Socketed (3)
, Ancients' Hand has the same mechanic as Stormblast: it converts all damage to fire and it deals 35% weapon damage (which is 5% better than SB). IMO this item is a mockery (no offence to Suchbalance), it's quite pathetic that you forced to use caster's orb to do melee damage, especially when other unique special weapons (S(S(S))U Warp Blades) is even worse when it comes to a single target damage.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
The problem I had with Galeona's was its ctc Ancinets' Hand being only 40%, so the chance I'd actually hit Astrogha with it before having to retreat or he Blinked away was pretty low. I tried using Darklings as a staging point to hit Astro with the proc from a distance, but the chance of actually hitting him (especially without destroying a Statue) was even lower than if I just used a hit-and-run tactic.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Not gonna lie, I didn't tried it by myself. I guess the ability to use skill on your own will is way more important in that particular case. What I did though, I tried my best to find a reliable single target skill which deals physical damage (no restriction to melee only).. and failed miserably. It's a bad sign, when you're dealing comparable amount of damage with ranged oskill from the bow. Any suggestions?
ZealotofDeath
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
Dear Solfege,

as I just recently even got to know Median XL, I wanted to thank you for your awesome guide as it not only makes great usage of the sorc (I really like melee sorc a lot), but it also conveys a nice introduction to the game mod and its possibilities!

Thank you!