Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Hello Bardamu , do you want her to be a hybrid with summons as meatshield or pure caster?

I'll reply to your answer in the morning. It.s almost 2am here. Good night!
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I love my iceballs! Hybrid with summons is my preferred playstyle.
Thank you for your time and dedication.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
i was thinking you were going to say that :)) there is no other sane reason why would anyone pick that tree unless it's about the summons . Going cold just to get that SQ passive is full of fail imo

first things first :

1. for the summons to be tanky you need the following : max their resistances (25 hatred/50 terror/75 destruction) and boost their HP (max Frigid Sphere as sinergy - you can also use it vs the poison imunes - use some minion boost gear parts and socket jewels that boost the minion life)

2. i've seen some bitching around about the elementals' defensive aura being removed/replaced , but that is not a problem for this type of caster+minions hybrid, maby just for some melee fantasy builds that pick the cold tree (i never consider it as an option for the melee) and go head-first into action and now miss the extra defensive boost . Being a sorceress you got access to even more meatshield from sorceress only armors that spawn with Acid Fiends oskill (magic/rare/crafted/Rag queen) -> more summons = more meatshield . Their aura is also boosting the speeds and spell damage , so having such an armor asap is very helpful . You can start by rolling a magic armor with oils of renewal until it spawns with them .

in early game you got enough points to max 6 skills , so for a cold-poison build you can max Frigid Sphere , Snow Queen , STF for more minion damage and ofc the Ice elementals + Vengeful power and one of the offensive spells you like most between Lorenado and CoS (i like CoS more ) . The rest are 1-pointers , including Hive , as while you fight from behind the summons the small aoe of Hive does not help much to apply that extra poison damage anyway . 1-pointer all the mana tree to access Mana sweep .

in mid game once you get some max skill level increased you can use the points you have dumped into the STF for maxing the other 5 main skills .

about the uberskill : if your feel like your army is tanky enough you can go for Witch blood for more spell damage (i recomend this option for the cold-poison build) -> in case you fight in very dangerous spots , you can get Chronofield instead for big aoe slow applied , but that is not really necessary while you can spam some miasma instead + 1-pointer Force Blast if the situation requires (about moon cookies , you don't got enough points for dumping there in order for it to worth the trouble , maby just 1-pointers for the flavour if you wish, while the soft points from "+all skills" gear increase the regen by 1% per soft point)

in end game after you got more max skill increased you can keep just 25 points into Snow Queen and less points for Vengeful power , in order to smax the other 3 main skills .

the cold-poison hybrid is very good , even as a starter build as you don't require godlike gear for it to work good . When i'll update the Sorc builds next week i'll probably add such build to the compilation for you to check about the gearing too.

sorry for the late reply , i had a lot of things to do that kept me away from the laptop , but now i'm back in action . Hopefuly today i'll get to finish updating the last barbarian build left on the list and start with the sorcs tomorrow .
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
earthshaker endgame gear: you put screen of vizjaqtaar in helms, but it should be skull of vizjaqtaar
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
fixed the typo . ty
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
ChuckNoRis wrote:i was thinking you were going to say that :)) there is no other sane reason why would anyone pick that tree unless it's about the summons . Going cold just to get that SQ passive is full of fail imo

first things first :

1. for the summons to be tanky you need the following : max their resistances (25 hatred/50 terror/75 destruction) and boost their HP (max Frigid Sphere as sinergy - you can also use it vs the poison imunes - use some minion boost gear parts and socket jewels that boost the minion life)

2. i've seen some bitching around about the elementals' defensive aura being removed/replaced , but that is not a problem for this type of caster+minions hybrid, maby just for some melee fantasy builds that pick the cold tree (i never consider it as an option for the melee) and go head-first into action and now miss the extra defensive boost . Being a sorceress you got access to even more meatshield from sorceress only armors that spawn with Acid Fiends oskill (magic/rare/crafted/Rag queen) -> more summons = more meatshield . Their aura is also boosting the speeds and spell damage , so having such an armor asap is very helpful . You can start by rolling a magic armor with oils of renewal until it spawns with them .

in early game you got enough points to max 6 skills , so for a cold-poison build you can max Frigid Sphere , Snow Queen , STF for more minion damage and ofc the Ice elementals + Vengeful power and one of the offensive spells you like most between Lorenado and CoS (i like CoS more ) . The rest are 1-pointers , including Hive , as while you fight from behind the summons the small aoe of Hive does not help much to apply that extra poison damage anyway . 1-pointer all the mana tree to access Mana sweep .

in mid game once you get some max skill level increased you can use the points you have dumped into the STF for maxing the other 5 main skills .

about the uberskill : if your feel like your army is tanky enough you can go for Witch blood for more spell damage (i recomend this option for the cold-poison build) -> in case you fight in very dangerous spots , you can get Chronofield instead for big aoe slow applied , but that is not really necessary while you can spam some miasma instead + 1-pointer Force Blast if the situation requires (about moon cookies , you don't got enough points for dumping there in order for it to worth the trouble , maby just 1-pointers for the flavour if you wish, while the soft points from "+all skills" gear increase the regen by 1% per soft point)

in end game after you got more max skill increased you can keep just 25 points into Snow Queen and less points for Vengeful power , in order to smax the other 3 main skills .

the cold-poison hybrid is very good , even as a starter build as you don't require godlike gear for it to work good . When i'll update the Sorc builds next week i'll probably add such build to the compilation for you to check about the gearing too.

sorry for the late reply , i had a lot of things to do that kept me away from the laptop , but now i'm back in action . Hopefuly today i'll get to finish updating the last barbarian build left on the list and start with the sorcs tomorrow .

First, thank you for the time and great effort you put into this.
Your skillplan idea is more or less very similar to mine. As you said, i have no need to use chronofield or force blast since miasma spam is good enough, and in combo with STF makes crowd control easier. I usually main lorenado as the damage dealer skill, but playing with arachnomancy feels safer as it gives you better reach. I was lucky enough to find a Shamanka for switch spell buff, but i would love to play with acid fiends, despite them being SO squishy. How much life do you think would be optimal for my iceballs to tank everywhere without too much of a worry? They're actually at 26k hp, they take hits like boss in TA but still die like flies in Dunc. Looking forward to see your gear setups!
Thank you again
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Bardamu wrote: I was lucky enough to find a Shamanka for switch spell buff, but i would love to play with acid fiends, despite them being SO squishy. How much life do you think would be optimal for my iceballs to tank everywhere without too much of a worry? They're actually at 26k hp, they take hits like boss in TA but still die like flies in Dunc. Looking forward to see your gear setups!
Thank you again
you can also try
Circe (Xis)
if your Shamanka does not have too many points into Blooodlust . About the elementals HP , it can go above 50k in end game , even with mostly just crafts , it just depends on how much you want to boost them instead of the offensive spells. if you get them around 40k it is enough imo and then focus on boosting the spells and -%enemy resistances after . I believe in Duncraig it is the barrels that get them killed fast so it's not very unusual .

the Acid fiends (as oskill) go to about 1/3 the hp of the elementals . so when your elementals got about 30k hp , the fiends are around 10k (unless they come from Rag Queen , when they go to about half the ice elementals hp ) . if your elemental got 26k hp it's not strange for the fiends to die fast as they got just about 8k hp , which is low .

you could also try a bloodmage merc as he may cast Gift of inner fire that insta-heals the whole army, allowing it to tank more - it also means less re-summoning needed since the Gift is keeping the summons alive longer
Hiehvorak
Pit Knight
100 | 6
hey chuck, im currently following your no 6 javazon latherga guide. I'm in middle of dest and my equipment is all Abandoned craft except for shield which is
Danmaku
Danmaku
Athulua's Hand (Sacred)

Defense: (2657 - 3003) to (2861 - 3234)
Chance to Block: 5%
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 349
Item Level: 120
5% Chance to cast level 15 Javelin Nova on Kill
15% Chance to cast level 5 Javelin on Striking
1% Chance to cast level 45 Fire Bolt Nova on Striking
+(2 to 3) to Amazon Skill Levels
1% Base Block Chance
35% Attack Speed
25% Block Speed
Adds 15-25 Damage
+(21 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
Socketed (4)
, my weapon is maiden javelin crafted and blessed with abandoned shrine and have the SoR proc on kill, but I also found SU
Emberstorm
. What do you think, is it worth losing the SoR proc for the Cataclysm proc? thx.
fakme
Grubber
326 | 9
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
depends on the other stats of your maiden javelin.
Hiehvorak
Pit Knight
100 | 6
Well, the stats and damage are pretty similar with the exception of the SU have fire damage and fire pierce