Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hoplites are pretty sturdy thanks to their high avoid and are useful on many ubers. And SA is such delicious cheese if you don't have the reflex/gear to succeed.

L H wrote:Who's to say there's a personal vendetta against Chuck? Perhaps just a lot of people disagree with what he says or think his comments are worthy of a downvote based on the content of the comments he makes. This goes for any player, not just Chuck. It's the reason downvotes exist.

Enough straying from topic though. If you find an issue with the downvote system, I'm sure there's a thread created for it, or maybe post in the Forum Feedback page. Let's move to keep this thread about Chuck's guides, as it's meant to be.

I don't like wannabe moderators so I ate your cookie.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jampula wrote:
L H wrote:Who's to say there's a personal vendetta against Chuck? Perhaps just a lot of people disagree with what he says or think his comments are worthy of a downvote based on the content of the comments he makes. This goes for any player, not just Chuck. It's the reason downvotes exist.

Enough straying from topic though. If you find an issue with the downvote system, I'm sure there's a thread created for it, or maybe post in the Forum Feedback page. Let's move to keep this thread about Chuck's guides, as it's meant to be.

I don't like wannabe moderators so I ate your cookie.

1.) Not a wannabe moderator.
2.) I don't need your explanation of why you neg'd me.
3.) I apologize for trying to keep chuck's thread focused on chuck's thread.
Liquid
Azure Drake
173 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey chuck or others hmm i am now using thorn strike with treewarden and i was wondering what could be the most usefull mo to put in ky Nimmenjushin axe??
I was thinking 10% ds% or cb% idk
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
hard choice indeed , but i'd go for more deadly strike if the weapon already has close to 200 % ED

Shade wrote:Chuck - re #18 Maximus... I see in Mid and Late game you have 1 point in the last 3 skills in the Light tree.

I'm just wondering if that's only if using the full set to do the Bane/Hoplite trick?

Otherwise, it seems unlikely that Hoplites would be useful with only 1 point and +skills since we'd be forever re-casting them. But then again...

Maybe Sacred Armour could be situational with 1pt +skills - and having got there, maybe that means you may as well have a point in Hoplites so you can use both skills together for the situations where you just need a few seconds of shielding. Is that the thinking?
Or should we re-assign those 3 skills if we don't have the set (assuming there's anywhere worthwhile, apart from Rapture)?
indeed the hoplites are there in the mid game for using Bane with them if needed or if there's some distraction needed in hard ubers , same goes for SA . there are very few situations where you will need them , so there's no reason to invest more there . in case you want to ditch them , you can spend the extra points for lower colosseum timer .
Edited by ChuckNoRis 6 years.
Liquid
Azure Drake
173 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Its at 154% with a failed oil of luck but i feel that it will be a waste of mo space to put ed% instead of ds%
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
do as the heart tells you :)
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Build number 18 I am thinking of using merc necrolyte because he was buffed in recent patch and cold might work well with paladin damage. is that a good idea or is there a better merc choice?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
pick whatever you like , as it won't make any much difference . the build can do great without any merc , so whatever you choose it will be fine :)
Funinyourgame
Thunder Beetle
59 | 0
Do you plan on updating the mini-guides with recent items and changes to some skills?
Also, some builds that I'm playing with requires Item Oskill only found in Rare amulets, but I can't really reroll them anymore. I tried gambling, but there is no Ring or Amulet available (I tired for a few hours during the weeks and never showed). Any way to update them to make do without those Amulet?
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Funinyourgame wrote:Also, some builds that I'm playing with requires Item Oskill only found in Rare amulets, but I can't really reroll them anymore. I tried gambling, but there is no Ring or Amulet available (I tired for a few hours during the weeks and never showed). Any way to update them to make do without those Amulet?

You cannot reroll or gamble those rare amulets. Kill monsters and they will drop it randomly.